Community Forum

Trading?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Valkyrie Mage
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Trading?

Post by Valkyrie Mage »

I'm still pretty new to Horse World Online and have plenty to figure out. I just recently created a side account, however I am now rather confused. Sorry if the answer to this question is rather obvious, blame the newbie in me. But, how am I meant to trade between the two accounts? I have already befriended my other account, but I'm not sure how to trade. I would like to be able to trade horses/ponies, money and pony tokens if possible. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance :D
nyraeia
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Trading?

Post by nyraeia »

Valkyrie Mage wrote:But, how am I meant to trade between the two accounts?
Hi and welcome!

Direct trading is not yet possible, but at least for horses and money, you can do it like this:

Horses:
1. Post the horse you want for sale on account A
2. Log into account B
3. Buy the horse with account B ;)

Money:
1. Post a horse for sale for [amount of money you want on account B] from account B
2. Log into account A
3. Buy horse with account A
4. Post horse for $1 from account A
5. Log into account B
6. Buy horse back with account B

But you have to be fast to avoid another user buying your horse while you're switching accounts. If you use two browsers (I use Chrome and Firefox, for example) you can keep both of your account logged in at the same time. Keeping the horse's profile page open and using the "buy" option there also makes it faster because you don't have to search for it in the market.

It is likely that direct selling to other users will be a feature in the future, it's one of the most suggested ideas. However, I think Larissa is not currently planning on us being able to trade PT. Not sure if that includes trading between side accounts, though.
Valkyrie Mage
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Valkyrie Mage »

nyraeia wrote:
Valkyrie Mage wrote:But, how am I meant to trade between the two accounts?
Hi and welcome!

Direct trading is not yet possible, but at least for horses and money, you can do it like this:

Horses:
1. Post the horse you want for sale on account A
2. Log into account B
3. Buy the horse with account B ;)

Money:
1. Post a horse for sale for [amount of money you want on account B] from account B
2. Log into account A
3. Buy horse with account A
4. Post horse for $1 from account A
5. Log into account B
6. Buy horse back with account B

But you have to be fast to avoid another user buying your horse while you're switching accounts. If you use two browsers (I use Chrome and Firefox, for example) you can keep both of your account logged in at the same time. Keeping the horse's profile page open and using the "buy" option there also makes it faster because you don't have to search for it in the market.

It is likely that direct selling to other users will be a feature in the future, it's one of the most suggested ideas. However, I think Larissa is not currently planning on us being able to trade PT. Not sure if that includes trading between side accounts, though.
Thank you very much for telling me this. I was wondering for awhile there :)
nyraeia
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

Glad I was able to help you!
Scythian
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Here are a couple of procedures that can help when you're transferring:

* always put a substantial price on your horse -- at least $100, $1000 is better.

* Use something like "Transfer -- please don't buy" or "For [receiver] Only" as headline and description.

* If he is a stallion at stud, ***make sure to "Delete Stud Ad" before selling him.***

Most people will respect the "transfer" or "don't buy" line. However, if the horse is at stud as well, that's where confusion can enter the picture. "Visit Horse" takes you from the stud ads to the horse's profile page where the Sale status and price does show, but the headline and text do not. Clicking on the "Sale" box enables the viewer to purchase, without being in "Sales".

:D Welcome to HWO, and please ask for help when you need it -- there's usually somebody around!
Valkyrie Mage
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Valkyrie Mage »

Scythian wrote:Here are a couple of procedures that can help when you're transferring:

* always put a substantial price on your horse -- at least $100, $1000 is better.

* Use something like "Transfer -- please don't buy" or "For [receiver] Only" as headline and description.

* If he is a stallion at stud, ***make sure to "Delete Stud Ad" before selling him.***

Most people will respect the "transfer" or "don't buy" line. However, if the horse is at stud as well, that's where confusion can enter the picture. "Visit Horse" takes you from the stud ads to the horse's profile page where the Sale status and price does show, but the headline and text do not. Clicking on the "Sale" box enables the viewer to purchase, without being in "Sales".

:D Welcome to HWO, and please ask for help when you need it -- there's usually somebody around!
Thank you for the tips! I will be sure to use them :)
suzi2004
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: does any one have any money you can give me

Post by suzi2004 »

I really need 100,000 dollars so I can take better care of my horses , so I really need all that money. if any one has any money to give me I would really like that , if no one has any money to give me please give me some tips on how to make quick money. Anything and everything is welcome and I am grateful for anything. please donate! - suzi2004 from Roman Fields Horse Farm.
Farant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: does any one have any money you can give me

Post by Farant »

suzi2004 wrote:I really need 100,000 dollars so I can take better care of my horses , so I really need all that money. if any one has any money to give me I would really like that , if no one has any money to give me please give me some tips on how to make quick money. Anything and everything is welcome and I am grateful for anything. please donate! - suzi2004 from Roman Fields Horse Farm.
Hi, it's easy, just play your turns quickly and run only Local shows at highest possible level. It is 5 shows per day, so on lvl 10 shows you're earning money really fast. It's also good for fast breeding. I did this for 3 weeks, started from 30.000, right now 972.000, and I spent a lot of money in the process - pastures, breedings, trained horses, food, etc. You'll need only good horses for local shows, but they are affordable, I buy them for 12-15.000 and they're really good. And do not forget to train your horses for competition, good team (not one horse, but 3 or 4) can make 5-6.000 (depending on prize) and even more per day with no effort.
suzi2004
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by suzi2004 »

ok thanks! :) :) this helps a lot! :) :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 5:52 am

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:52 am