Community Forum

5* Eval. But not new breed?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Neon
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

5* Eval. But not new breed?

Post by Neon »

Hi, I have a horse that is 5* for Ardennais, and he's the right breed mix, but he's not an Ardennais...? This doesn't make any sense to me, I thought if they were 5* then they would be that breed.
Here is the Eval:

Ardennais Evaluation
Overall 5 Horses Basic Physique
Criteria Ideal & Rating
Height Mature Range 14.2hh to 16.3hh
This horse is 9.3hh [Rating Good]
Rating is based on estimated mature height.
Build Medium Heavy to Very Heavy
Your Horse is Heavy [Rating Good]
Build is 75% Type and 25% Body Size. Build is a reference, but not a requirement for creating a new breed.
Body Size 80% to 100%
Your Horse is 81.5% [Rating Good]
Body Size describes the overall bulk of the horse.
Type 70% to 90% Pony Type
Your Horse is 80% Pony Type [Rating Good]
Type is the description of leg length to body length.

This is him
Scythian
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: 5* Eval. But not new breed?

Post by Scythian »

Sorry your colt didn't turn out as you wished. Breeding in this game is complicated! According to the computer, .ℵṧ Forgotten Explosion is "80% Belgian" ( :roll: weird thing it does; by his pedigree he is 75%). Anyway, that's not in accordance with the "recipe" which states (Belgian x Forest Horse) -- when you see a cross in parentheses in the Breeds Wiki, it means half of each breed.

Sometimes there is a little wiggle room if the computer designation for the parent is something like "Part Belgian (95%)", and if there is no other breed mentioned.

:geek: For example, an "Arabian x Forest Horse [80%]" (the number always refers to the first breed mentioned) is a crossbred (two breeds noted) and does not count as a "full" or "pure" Arabian. So that horse would be ineligible to create an Akhal-Teke or Baladi or any of the other dozens of breeds with Arabian in the recipe. Also, it wouldn't have enough Forest Horse to make an (Arabian x Forest Horse) derivative (Camargue, Haflinger).

One way to find examples of any breed is to use the Rankings, which can display the top competitors sorted by breed. At the moment a breed designation, such as "Belgian", shows pure, mixed, and part individuals, and crossbreds with that breed (like "Belgian") listed first. Then it's interesting to look at pedigrees. Until your eyes or patience give out. :ugeek:

Even the breeds which can be made with two foundation horses -- Akhal-Teke, Ardennais, Baladi, Exmoor Pony, and Ob -- don't result automatically with "foundie" parents. Results vary from one breeding to the next, too. Here's a real-game example:

HorseLady72 bred her foundation Forest Horse stallion Robbin' to her foundation Belgian mare No Help three times. Their progeny:
Little Rob, stallion, is an Ardennais. His progeny include three Ardennais, a Swedish Ardennais, and a Belgian Ardennais, as well as a number of crossbreds.
SideKick, stallion, is (Belgian x Forest Horse). He has sired an Ardennais mare, Firecracker, from a (Belgian x Forest Horse) mare, Red Rose, whose parents were also foundation.
Daddies Little Surprise, mare, is (Belgian x Forest Horse). She has no progeny.

:) I hope that helps somewhat. Now I have to go take some headache medicine :mrgreen: -- HWO does that to me sometimes (but it's still so much fun :lol: ).
Kintara
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: 5* Eval. But not new breed?

Post by Kintara »

The sire was Belgian x Forest horse thus you didn't have the right breed mix. You could have used a half Forest Horse, a Mixed Forest Horse etc but not a Forest Horse cross something else (even if it is the same as the other breed wanted). It's nothing to do with the percentages just that you need to have only one breed name if that is what the breed recipe calls for

The only time this can work is if the sire and dam are the same cross. So say the cross needed is Belgian x Forest Horse, then you can cross your Mighty Explosion stallion who is Belgian x Forest Horse to another Belgian x Forest Horse and have a chance at Ardennais
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 4:52 am

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:52 am