Community Forum

I'm clueless

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
dsutch
Visit My Farm

I'm clueless

Post by dsutch »

Any ideas? I take pictures every 6mo. and honestly I've been confused by her coloring since she was born!

Loose Cannon

In the same vein are these two. I feel like there's a whole coat color that I just can't think of that all three of these are influenced by!

Lonely Bones

Bridget Jones
Parsnip
Visit My Farm

Re: I'm clueless

Post by Parsnip »

Let me have a guess...
Loose Cannon is silver champagne buckskin, Lonely Bones is greying silver bay and Bridget Jones is sliver bay with some sort of dilute, probably pearl, going by her mother. The only thing i'm sure about is that they all have the silver gene.
dsutch
Visit My Farm

Post by dsutch »

Those sound right to me! Thanks for your help
Djeraya
Visit My Farm

Post by Djeraya »

Both Cannon and Bones have "Grey", they will be more or less completely white at some point. Besides, Cannon is Silver Amber Champagne in my opinion (no cream/buckskin), Bones is Silver Bay, but he also has Leopard (spots), the last one Bridget is also Silver Bay with Leopard (spots), however without grey and I think she has Pangare (it makes a lighter belly and mouth but is often not considered because it's not so visible). She indeed carries an invisible pearl.
So to conclude, all of them are bay based. All of them have silver (makes grey/silver tail and mane). Nr1+2 have grey (will turn them white), 2+3 have leopard (makes spots/blankets/similar and lets the coat varnish/blur out). 1 has champagne (freckles on mouth and general bit different coat). 3 has one copy of pearl (1 copy doesn't change the coat unless it's combined with cream).
:)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 9:44 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:44 am