Community Forum

Question related to new breeds

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
roesoftheshadows
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Question related to new breeds

Post by roesoftheshadows »

Can you use part in breeding if it is a crossbred to make new breeds? Eg: Part Friesian x Belgian (just an exmple) Or does it have to be exact?
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Question related to new breeds

Post by Argent »

Try reading the FAQ
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

roesoftheshadows wrote:Can you use part in breeding if it is a crossbred to make new breeds? Eg: Part Friesian x Belgian (just an exmple) Or does it have to be exact?
You may find SeinaMacabre 'Extensive User Guide' very helpful. In it, the answer to your question is found under the section 'Creating A New Breed'.
Following is the excerpt:
"...you don't need to have purebred horse if recipe states for example only "Arabian". You can use Half Arabian or Part Arabian, but it can't be for example Half Arabian x Baladi."

Remember to visit our Help section. The Help Guides is very useful and instructional. It continues to grow and change when necessary as the game develops as well.
roesoftheshadows
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

I read that but I was asking for clarification. It doesnt answer my question, if it asks for a crossbred horse(two breeds) to be incorperated can a part or half work as well or does that only work if it asks for a pure horse to make the breed.
Example it asks for a cross of
(friesian x sire) x quarterhorse
does
part friesianxshire work as well?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

roesoftheshadows wrote:I read that but I was asking for clarification. It doesnt answer my question, if it asks for a crossbred horse(two breeds) to be incorperated can a part or half work as well or does that only work if it asks for a pure horse to make the breed.
Example it asks for a cross of
(friesian x sire) x quarterhorse
does
part friesianxshire work as well?
Okay... Here's a little more in-depth.
*American Saddlebred (Morgan x Hackney) x (Narragansett Pacer x Canadian Pacer) used in this example*
So in order to breed correctly to have that chance of a new breed, you would need to have a cross of (Morgan x Hackney)... either a mare or a stallion... AND a cross of (Narragansett Pacer x Canadian Pacer)... of the opposite sex.
However... you CANNOT have a (Morgan x Canadian Pacer) and a (Narragansett Pacer x Hackney) to try to create the American Saddlebred... because this offers the incorrect recipe.
BUT... if you had a (part Morgan x Hackney) or a (half Morgan x Hackney) OR if you had a (part Hackney x Morgan) or a (half Hackney x Morgan)... these crossbreeds WILL still work to give you that chance of creating the new breed.
So, to answer your question, Yes, as long as those two breeds needed for the cross appear together on the same side of the recipe, it will give you the chance for obtaining the outcome breed.
Remember, it only offers a chance. The closer the parents are to the outcome breed, the better chance you'll have.
roesoftheshadows
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Thank you so much, that was exactly the answer I was looking for. I suspected it was so but I wanted confirmation before I buy a horse that is the correct breeds but had part in front of the name. :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 22, 2024 6:10 pm

It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 6:10 pm