Community Forum

Is there a trick to this?

livid-silver
Visit My Farm

Is there a trick to this?

Post by livid-silver »

Hi!
I'm still pretty new to this game, so still learning the ins and outs, but I was wondering if there was a trick to breeding a new breed? I'm currently working on breeding Trakehners and so far have only bred 1 colt. I've got 4 broodmares I'm currently using and majority of them are 5* for Trakehner breeding (I think one may be 4* but not sure) but I've only managed to breed 1 Trakehner colt. I haven't had a huge amount of foals, but I thought it would be more than 1 in 10 lol I've been crossing the mares with public studs who are 4 or 5* for Trakehner breeding, but alas the foals keep falling short. Can be anywhere from 4* to 2* even if its from the same pairing. Is there anything else I can do to help this along? Also, is it worth keeping the grade foals for use in the program or can you only get Trakehner from the specified cross? Some of the foals are coming out with decent stats, but I've got limited space so I've got to cull hard, and if they can't help with the Trakehner project they are unfortunately of no use to me :( Hopefully the two links work lol
Link to pasture with broodmares and last lot of foals
Link to Trakehner colt
Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Is there a trick to this?

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

There is no trick unfortunately it's pretty much hit and miss. You just have to keep plugging away and hope for the best.
livid-silver
Visit My Farm

Post by livid-silver »

Ah oky then, I'll just have to stick with it an keep trying!
Are the grade foals able to be bred into Trakheners? Like if a foal of theirs fits all the requirements will it be classed as a Trakehner or still just a grade horse?
Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

I suspect not but i'm not certain. You could always give it a try, if the resulting foal evaluates as a Trakehner but is a grade, then you have your answer.
Qim
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

livid-silver wrote:Are the grade foals able to be bred into Trakheners? Like if a foal of theirs fits all the requirements will it be classed as a Trakehner or still just a grade horse?
A grade horse bred to a purebred Trakehner will result in a 50% Trakehner foal, so technically, the game will treat it as a purebred Trakehner as far as breeding is concerned, and you can use it to produce the other breeds it is part of, like the Holstein, for example.
livid-silver
Visit My Farm

Post by livid-silver »

Oh okay, thank you! I might keep a couple of the better grade foals around for that and do some experimenting!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 2:29 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:29 pm