Community Forum

Horse colours: Names and pictures

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
iamverypunkrockokay
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse colours: Names and pictures

Post by iamverypunkrockokay »

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

iamverypunkrockokay wrote:What colour is my horse?
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1224455
Bay Dun Pangare
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

amazing guide, thanks!
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Totina wrote:.
Hi, I wanted to ask if you still needed photos of missing colors; I recently was on a photographie spree ^^

- Smoky Black Roan (4 months)
- Smoky Black Pearl w/ Tiger Eye (6 months)

full-sized adult coat, but no full-sized foal picture:

- Black Roan
- Black Pearl w/ Tiger Eye
- Black Pearl Champagne w/ Tiger Eye
- Smoky Cream Pearl Champagne w/ Tiger Eye

- Sable Champagne
- Silver Brown Pearl Champagne
- Brown Pearl Champagne w/ Tiger Eye
Redhorsedream
Visit My Farm

Post by Redhorsedream »

I feel like you're missing this guy.

(not sure what's up with his color)

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1591897
justjumpit621
Visit My Farm

Post by justjumpit621 »

This is really helpful thanks! But I have a problem and it may be because there isn’t a picture of this color. I can’t figure out the color of this mare. She was born looking like a smoky black tiger eye but she’s stayed the lighter brown color, and has dark points so she doesn’t look like the dilutes that are already posted.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1709455
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

justjumpit621 wrote:This is really helpful thanks! But I have a problem and it may be because there isn’t a picture of this color. I can’t figure out the color of this mare. She was born looking like a smoky black tiger eye but she’s stayed the lighter brown color, and has dark points so she doesn’t look like the dilutes that are already posted.

She is a smoky black tiger eye. There is a slim chance she carries and is displaying silver (her dam line is loaded with lighter colored manes and tails), but I don't think this is the case. I think the entire reason she appears lighter has nothing to do with a potential silver gene and has everything to do with the varnish of the leopard complex gene.
Because of the Lp varnish, she will never be dark; she will continue to brighten and change her appearance subtly throughout her life.
justjumpit621
Visit My Farm

Post by justjumpit621 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
justjumpit621 wrote:This is really helpful thanks! But I have a problem and it may be because there isn’t a picture of this color. I can’t figure out the color of this mare. She was born looking like a smoky black tiger eye but she’s stayed the lighter brown color, and has dark points so she doesn’t look like the dilutes that are already posted.

She is a smoky black tiger eye. There is a slim chance she carries and is displaying silver (her dam line is loaded with lighter colored manes and tails), but I don't think this is the case. I think the entire reason she appears lighter has nothing to do with a potential silver gene and has everything to do with the varnish of the leopard complex gene.
Because of the Lp varnish, she will never be dark; she will continue to brighten and change her appearance subtly throughout her life.
Awesome, thank you! I think she's beautiful, glad I was right about the color originally!
Pieta
Visit My Farm

Post by Pieta »

Can somebody help me with his colour?

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Pieta wrote:Can somebody help me with his colour?
This is difficult as you have a blanket on this horse in the closest picture to 1 year.
But this horse appears to be a triple dilute horse, either two creams or a cream and a pearl with champagne. It also appears to be a chestnut base. Because the dam doesn't appear to be a smoky black (a cream carrier), I'd have to say that Bamboo is a cream and pearl with champagne.

However, that said, this mare could be displaying a silver gene. And because I can't see the legs at all after the foal coat is blown, this stallion could just as easily be brown or bay.

This is my best answer after I investigated your horse: silver, triple dilute on brown.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:54 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:54 am