Community Forum

Pregnant Mare feed?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
BridlePath
Visit My Farm

Pregnant Mare feed?

Post by BridlePath »

I couldn't find any topics to answer my question so i hope this is ok.

Is there a certain feeding arrangement players use for their pregnant mares or does it really matter?
I have my first pregnant mare from the tutorial and all I have her on is pasture and 70% hay. She was on 100% hay when I first got her because she was thin and under weight. She now holds a moderate weight and then she was bred. Does pregnancy affect the horses weight or health in the game?

Thank you guys!
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Pregnant Mare feed?

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

BridlePath wrote:I couldn't find any topics to answer my question so i hope this is ok.

Is there a certain feeding arrangement players use for their pregnant mares or does it really matter?
I have my first pregnant mare from the tutorial and all I have her on is pasture and 70% hay. She was on 100% hay when I first got her because she was thin and under weight. She now holds a moderate weight and then she was bred. Does pregnancy affect the horses weight or health in the game?

Thank you guys!
Unless you are going to event your mare, feeding really doesn't matter...I just put my horses on 0 feed. While training a horse for events, I use either weight gain or performance depending on if I'm trying to gain weight, maintain or lose.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Psycho0912
Visit My Farm

Re: Pregnant Mare feed?

Post by Psycho0912 »

BridlePath wrote:I couldn't find any topics to answer my question so i hope this is ok.

Thank you guys!
What the player above me said, you don't really have to care about the weight, unless you're competing with the horse. if you click at the '?' button next to the feeding, you'll get a scheme (when you scroll down) of what weight the ideal weight is per discipline.

further more, I don't think weight is affected by pregnancy.

I hope this helps ;)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 8:00 pm

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:00 pm