Community Forum

Quarter horses

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Quarter horses

Post by RenegadePegasus »

melanta wrote:
countrycool wrote:ping
StallionLover wrote:ping
emuhzee wrote:ping
Hey guys, would you be interested in creating a QH club or something like that? (: I've seen a couple of QH topics here and there but never a community.

The thing is, I do not suggest establishing strict rules, some mandatory sharing of the breeding stock or anything like that... I guess we all have somewhat different goals in mind anyway!
I've just been thinking for a while that it would be nice to have a place to exchange experience, help each other and share our progress on QHs (:

What can I personally offer? Well, not such excellent 5* QHs as you guys already have (great work!)
My main goal up to now has been breeding for competitiveness. That required me to be very strict and leave out the looks and conformations for a while. Therefore, my horses are mainly 3*, 2* or N/A at all ((;

BUT — I think I'm making progress on "inbreeding competitiveness", so to say. I expect every next generation to have even better percentage of wins if I keep making the right choises. So, what I can offer is high HGP, good stats, and competitive traits.

For example, this is my main pride right now:
SL Samson

Check out his competition results if you're interested.
I also have some other guys on my side account, which also competed well and are a little better on the conformation side...

SL Sun Eclipse
SL Sunproud

I've had many other QHs but I sell them periodically (as I said, I try to breed only "the best of the best" or something like that...).

Another thing I have now is a bunch of purebred trained QHs that are produced by other players. I bought and trained them to choose the most fitting ones for my projects but I can sell/give away some of them.

I'm not ready to open my lines for public stud but I would be happy to share them (and what I have generally) with fellow QH lovers (:
As to myself, at some point, I would like to turn my part QHs into 100% QHs with decent conformations, and I may need help with that.

That was my perspective in a nutshell. Got much more to share and discuss if any of you interested (:
Hi. I don’t breed QH, but I can help you guys create a forum thread(like design it or whatever) because I think that the QH need a big, nice official club/ association thing. Just tell me and I can whip one up and send it via private message.
StallionLover
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by StallionLover »

RenegadePegasus wrote:
melanta wrote:

Hey guys, would you be interested in creating a QH club or something like that? (: I've seen a couple of QH topics here and there but never a community.

The thing is, I do not suggest establishing strict rules, some mandatory sharing of the breeding stock or anything like that... I guess we all have somewhat different goals in mind anyway!
I've just been thinking for a while that it would be nice to have a place to exchange experience, help each other and share our progress on QHs (:

What can I personally offer? Well, not such excellent 5* QHs as you guys already have (great work!)
My main goal up to now has been breeding for competitiveness. That required me to be very strict and leave out the looks and conformations for a while. Therefore, my horses are mainly 3*, 2* or N/A at all ((;

BUT — I think I'm making progress on "inbreeding competitiveness", so to say. I expect every next generation to have even better percentage of wins if I keep making the right choises. So, what I can offer is high HGP, good stats, and competitive traits.

For example, this is my main pride right now:
SL Samson

Check out his competition results if you're interested.
I also have some other guys on my side account, which also competed well and are a little better on the conformation side...

SL Sun Eclipse
SL Sunproud

I've had many other QHs but I sell them periodically (as I said, I try to breed only "the best of the best" or something like that...).

Another thing I have now is a bunch of purebred trained QHs that are produced by other players. I bought and trained them to choose the most fitting ones for my projects but I can sell/give away some of them.

I'm not ready to open my lines for public stud but I would be happy to share them (and what I have generally) with fellow QH lovers (:
As to myself, at some point, I would like to turn my part QHs into 100% QHs with decent conformations, and I may need help with that.

That was my perspective in a nutshell. Got much more to share and discuss if any of you interested (:
Hi. I don’t breed QH, but I can help you guys create a forum thread(like design it or whatever) because I think that the QH need a big, nice official club/ association thing. Just tell me and I can whip one up and send it via private message.
That would be amazing! What do the rest of you think? I do also like the sound of a partnership, maybe change the wording to "Quarter Horse Breeding Collaboration"?
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

StallionLover wrote:
RenegadePegasus wrote: Hi. I don’t breed QH, but I can help you guys create a forum thread(like design it or whatever) because I think that the QH need a big, nice official club/ association thing. Just tell me and I can whip one up and send it via private message.
That would be amazing! What do the rest of you think? I do also like the sound of a partnership, maybe change the wording to "Quarter Horse Breeding Collaboration"?
Ok. I’ll start making a base format and I’ll add smaller details later. :) btw do y’all have presidents or are all just co admins?
Edit- I finished the main post, you’ll just have to fill it in. I’ll send it to StallionLover in private message.
StallionLover
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by StallionLover »

Okay guys, I’ll be away until Monday at a seminar, does anyone else want me to forward them the group template or are you okay with waiting a couple days for me to get it up and running?
melanta
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by melanta »

RenegadePegasus wrote:I’ll start making a base format and I’ll add smaller details later. :) btw do y’all have presidents or are all just co admins?
Thank you for your help! (: It will speed up the process for sure.

I think we are co-admins.. or just organizers.
StallionLover wrote:Okay guys, I’ll be away until Monday at a seminar, does anyone else want me to forward them the group template or are you okay with waiting a couple days for me to get it up and running?
It's perfectly okay with me (: Have a good time!
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

melanta wrote:
RenegadePegasus wrote:I’ll start making a base format and I’ll add smaller details later. :) btw do y’all have presidents or are all just co admins?
Thank you for your help! (: It will speed up the process for sure.

StallionLover wrote:Okay guys, I’ll be away until Monday at a seminar, does anyone else want me to forward them the group template or are you okay with waiting a couple days for me to get it up and running?
Ok. Thanks! :)
emuhzee
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by emuhzee »

RenegadePegasus wrote:
melanta wrote: Thank you for your help! (: It will speed up the process for sure.

Ok. Thanks! :)
So it looks like the only thing we need to do to keep the ball rolling is decide on a name. I'm gonna vote for Quarter Horse Breeding Partnership, what about you guys? Let's just go with the majority to keep things going.
StallionLover
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by StallionLover »

Agreed
alaskabarrelracer
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by alaskabarrelracer »

I have tons of quarter horses more than 8 large pastures of them have a look.
Id like to join this
h0rsey
Visit My Farm
Location: Anywhere the wind blows (doesn't really matter to meeeeee)
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

alaskabarrelracer wrote:I have tons of quarter horses more than 8 large pastures of them have a look.
Id like to join this
hey that's great! Here is the link to the forum where you can join:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21848
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 11, 2024 12:00 pm

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:00 pm