Community Forum

Exmoor Ponies

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
redster
Visit My Farm

Re: Exmoor Ponies

Post by redster »

The Double R Ranch wrote:thanks, redster :) i bought her. she's perfect
I'm so glad she could be of use! I hope your breeding project goes well. :D
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

redster wrote:
The Double R Ranch wrote:thanks, redster :) i bought her. she's perfect
I'm so glad she could be of use! I hope your breeding project goes well. :D
lol thanks :)
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

redster wrote:I realize that this is a super old thread, but I don't think we're supposed to make new threads about breeds? So, I'm wondering if there is still an Exmoor fanbase out there! I'm an old player just coming back to the site with a new account, and Exmoors are one of the breeds that I'm starting to get into and breed a little herd of, and I'd love to see who else out there is enjoying this lovely breed.
Hi, I'm breeding Exmoors on my sideaccount (http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/view/88697 if you want to look); currently I have one up for stud - even if he isn't the best, at least he has a 5* eval :) They are mainly for my longterm goal of breeding Sanhes, but as that still is a long way of I'll always keep a few around - so if any is of interest to you, you can alway ask for a studding or maybe (if it is a mare or a foal) if I'm willing to sell
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Nazarach wrote:Hi, I'm breeding Exmoors on my sideaccount (http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/view/88697 if you want to look); currently I have one up for stud - even if he isn't the best, at least he has a 5* eval :) They are mainly for my longterm goal of breeding Sanhes, but as that still is a long way of I'll always keep a few around - so if any is of interest to you, you can alway ask for a studding or maybe (if it is a mare or a foal) if I'm willing to sell
Oh great! Yeah, my Exmoors were originally for my eventual goal of breeding Campolinas, which is also a long way off. I'm definitely going to be needing to diversify my gene pool (since I'm currently aiming for low-to-no COI) so I'll check out your herd. :D
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

redster wrote:
Oh great! Yeah, my Exmoors were originally for my eventual goal of breeding Campolinas, which is also a long way off. I'm definitely going to be needing to diversify my gene pool (since I'm currently aiming for low-to-no COI) so I'll check out your herd. :D
Oh, a like minded fellow ;) Then feel free to use him (or any others) and as I'm also trying to keep a low COI we should be okay ^^
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Nazarach wrote:Oh, a like minded fellow ;) Then feel free to use him (or any others) and as I'm also trying to keep a low COI we should be okay ^^
I just visited your farm and I'm laughing now. It turns out that I'm already using one of your studs, I'd almost used another but had no room at the time, AND the three breeds I have and am working on right now are Exmoors, Mongolians, and WABs.

So, I'm very glad to find someone who has even more similar goals to mine than I'd thought! I'm sure I'll be haunting around your farm quite a bit. :lol:
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

redster wrote:
I just visited your farm and I'm laughing now. It turns out that I'm already using one of your studs, I'd almost used another but had no room at the time, AND the three breeds I have and am working on right now are Exmoors, Mongolians, and WABs.

So, I'm very glad to find someone who has even more similar goals to mine than I'd thought! I'm sure I'll be haunting around your farm quite a bit. :lol:
Geez, now that you mentioned it - i'm remembering you name from the notifications xD so, yeah - if you need anyone that isn't up for stud just ping me and i'll put them up if needed (still working on the ownership courses so I'm not able to put all up at once) ^^
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Nazarach wrote:Geez, now that you mentioned it - i'm remembering you name from the notifications xD so, yeah - if you need anyone that isn't up for stud just ping me and i'll put them up if needed (still working on the ownership courses so I'm not able to put all up at once) ^^
Same here! I too have been dumping all my points into the broodmare and ownership courses, so don't have any of the stud ones. I'll gladly put them up if pinged, though.

Also, if you're ever interested in setting up or helping me set up a thread in this forum for any of the other breeds besides Exmooor, let me know! I've been particularly wanting one for Mongolians, but I'm still new to the site and have been too shy to put up one myself, haha.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

redster wrote:
Same here! I too have been dumping all my points into the broodmare and ownership courses, so don't have any of the stud ones. I'll gladly put them up if pinged, though.

Also, if you're ever interested in setting up or helping me set up a thread in this forum for any of the other breeds besides Exmooor, let me know! I've been particularly wanting one for Mongolians, but I'm still new to the site and have been too shy to put up one myself, haha.
There is none for Mongos? But they are as cute as the other pony breeds :o If you want to I can open it :)
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Nazarach wrote:There is none for Mongos? But they are as cute as the other pony breeds :o If you want to I can open it :)
I couldn't find one, but all I knew to try was searching for "Mongolian" in this breed communities board. If you wanted to open one, I certainly wouldn't be sad about it. xD
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:19 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:19 am