Community Forum

New Player Giveaway

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Retsi
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: New Player Giveaway

Post by Retsi »

xSilverfox wrote:Aw, I'm too late :(
I was wondering if you (maybeee) were going to host something like this again?
It's super generous of you to do something like this. Even though I wasn't there when you hosted this, I think all new players appreciate it :D
Please enter. It's been extended.
⋆ℜ⋆ Roaring River Equestrian ⋆ℜ⋆
Jockey
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Jockey »

Retsi wrote:Anyone joining in 2018 is eligible to win
If you have a main side account from before, please be honest and do not enter!

Retsi's $20,000,000 Giveaway
In the spirit of encouraging new players and community, I will be giving away up to twenty million in cash prizes!

1st place - 2,500,000
2nd - 1,500,000
3rd - 1,000,000
Constellation Prizes - $250,000 JUST for participating!

The Contest
To enter, post a link of your favorite horse and make up a story of their origin! IE, how they became your horse, where they are from, how they became a champion, etc

winners chosen December 31st
My favorite horse is this mare:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1496788
One bleak winter night she galloped up to me as a foal, sides heaving and lather speckling her dun body. Whip marks covered her haunches, and it was obvious she hadn't eaten enough for many moons. With a desperate eye, she rubbed her soft muzzle against my arm. Cries resounded through the dense forest around my small property, glowing lanterns popped up everywhere like a swarm of fireflies. Deep within my heart, I knew I had to protect this filly. And I did--carefully hid her in my rundown barn in my back yard and locked the looming double doors. Those people never did come to the house that moonless night, which was a relief. However, now I had an extra mouth to feed.
Slowly I brought her along to a better condition of health; faithfully I began her training. Soon, she trusted me to place a saddle on her back, and even accepted the snakelike halter I held to her delicate nose. Soon I could ride her-- actually ride her!-- for brief periods of time, and we became friends. Real friends. Then reality struck. Money grew tight. Something had to change.
From my rides on her broad back, I knew she had a knack for Western Trail. So smooth, so solid was her movement in the rough. I could always trust her to navigate where I would not dare step foot myself. It was all or nothing. So I entered her in a local competition. And she won, easy. She never drew a long breath, just got the job done. That's when I knew I had something special. And I had a sizeable amount of money in my bank account to continue. We entered competition after competition around the country, and she took it easy as you please. I managed to see all sorts of country from her back-- painted Arizona, misty Minnesota, rolling North Carolina. Finally I entered her in a national competition, where we would appear on television. There was one man in particular who struck me, him and his arrogant bay. And he wouldn't let his eyes wander from us for a moment. We lined up at the start, humming with excitement to do what we loved. Suddenly I heard him yell, "Stupid!" and shake his frayed whip. The next thing I knew my reliable mare had become an unearthly charger, violently rearing and attempting to unseat me. With great difficulty, I reined her in. I began my class, wondering what had evoked this outburst. Then I knew. He was her owner those years back when I had first rescued her. I also knew what I had to do. I lined her up to the fence leading into the Montana wilderness, to the shock of the crowd. And we jumped it together, to begin a new life where no one could separate us. I still live with her in Montana. Our show lives are over, but our love has endured.

Thank you for this opportunity! :)
SnowStorm
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by SnowStorm »

Retsi wrote:
JessenJ24 wrote:I'm just wondering if you've forgot about this contest you held?
Nope, just unsatisfied with the low entries. Extended.
OK,no problem
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

In the spirit of encouraging new players and community, I will be giving away up to twenty million in cash prizes!

1st place - 2,500,000
2nd - 1,500,000
3rd - 1,000,000

The Contest
To enter, post a link of your favorite horse and make up a story of their origin! IE, how they became your horse, where they are from, how they became a champion, etc

winners chosen October 31st

This boy is my favorite horse....
SCh. ~TRR Edwardo~

why? let me tell you.....

Admittedly, i don't know too much about horses in real life, but i'm always learning....
first up, i've always been in love with arabians..right from the traditional image of the show horses with their white coats, plumed tails, plumed headpieces, high-stepping gait and the list only goes on and on... get the image here? (from decorative matched carriage horses through to those in the show arena)
so naturally, my immediate goal on horseworld when i first started was to create a group of high stat arabians, just like the ones I love...

you want to hear about the moment he was born?
well, here goes......
You know those days when absolutely everything goes wrong? you wake up late, you forgot that your homework was due in at school, and in general, its seems as though three quarters of the world has turned its face against you...
during those times, there are only a couple of things that keep you sane...your family is great and loving, but no matter how hard they try, they cant solve all your problems in life. Music, and Horses. music - those moments when you listen to playlists for hours, gradually changing from loud, fast anger through to something a little slower, uplifting, until you actually smile, instead of letting the tears run down your face. only one thing can improve that moment, and thats when you are riding on the back of your favourite horse, letting the rhythm of pounding hooves fill your body, holding your head up, watching, feeling the wind hit your face, take your breath, and move on, drying the tears from your face. Riding through the seasons, in summer, when the light breeze is a welcome breath of relief, in autumn, when the leaves crunch under your horses hooves, and the entire world is tainted orange; in winter, when the snow is fresh and the temperatures frigid, but the ride is still worth bracing for the cold (that and of course, the fire waiting afterwards), and spring, when new growth appears, the sound of birds fill the crisp early mornings, the scent of something more in the air, a promise.
But sometimes, its still a struggle. It was one of those days, nearing the end of Autumn, when the air was cold and wind piecing, the leaves gone from the trees, the paths nothing but a muddy, mucky bog. School had been horrid, and even riding hadnt helped much. instead, i sat for hours in the barn , curled up in the corner, feeling anger toward the entire world in general. Willow, my favorite mare that we owned, was heavily pregnant and looking more uncomfortable by the second. I just sat there, for hours, trying to block the entire world out. Dinner came and went, and yes, I was required at the dinner table, and had to clean up afterwards as well. but it didnt stop me from sneaking back out to the barn late at night. there was something about the night atmosphere that seemed caring, comforting. resuming my place in the barn, i tossed and turned about as much as Willow did, but i must have fallen asleep at one stage, because the next thing I remember was waking up to some others in the barn, and a whole lot of activity in Willows stall. Instantly awake, i watched as she gave birth to a colt in the early hours of that cold Autumn morning. Even after everyone left, i stayed there, watching him as he stood shakaily for the first time, and the sun rising over the horizon promised a new, day, a new start. We named him Edwardo. A regal name, meaning 'guard.' from the moment Willow nuzzled his neck, I knew his name would stand true. It did, too. Regardless of what he was, who he was, to anyone else, Edwardo was my guard, my shield, against the world.

Edwardo: firstly, he was born and bred on my ranch, and has a beautiful cremello coat and a high tail, a trait that sadly is lost on many arabians here... secondly, i trained him myself...(personally, quite a feat) and he has rather high stats.... a GP of 72,202, 5 gold (Stamina, Tempo, Balance, Agility and Intelligence) and...2 green!!!...
including the very elusive green movement stat that is quite rare among arabians....
plus...just one more thing..he is a supreme champion, the highest show horse that i've ever had :)
All in all, he might not be perfect, but to me he is both beautiful, and means a lot - he is the height of my first goal here on Horse World Online :)

(now, im focusing on two goals in no particular order: first up, to create and improve the various Australian Horses on HWO, and second up, to become a trainer for the public...but right now, working on increasing my training stats...)

sorry for the length...i *kinda* got a little carried away...but thats just the writer in me coming out :)
if anyone actually managed to read this right through...all the best :)
Last edited by Royale Ranch on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jockey
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Jockey »

1st place - 2,500,000
2nd - 1,500,000
3rd - 1,000,000

The Contest

winners chosen October 31st
I have a question. Since the contest has been extended, what will happen if my horse retires before you chose the winners? Thank you! :)
h a z e l
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

"Come on," I urged, running one hand down my favorite mare's neck, "You can do it!"
"She's been laboring too long," my father's worried voice greeted my ears from somewhere above me. "We are going to lose both her and the foal if it doesn't arrive soon."
I tried not to panic and continued talking to my mare in a soft voice. She was a big, stout Belgian, a horse most wouldn't consider pretty. But I loved her. She had been the one to get my father's and mine struggling little farm going. She had worked hard to win competitions and prize money for me, and I would always be grateful. And now, we might lose her. I fought back the tears.
"Look!" my father's voice held an edge of excitement that had not been there before. My blurry gaze dropped to my mare Jessica once again. Her neck was outstretched, her whole body rigid. Before I could make a comment, I heard a rustling in the hay. I jumped to my feet and threw my arms around my father. The foal had come. Everything would be all right.
The newborn colt lay there quietly while his mother nuzzled him, encouraging him to get up and find his dinner. My father and I watched in silent pride as the little one finally struggled to his feet and wobbled to his mother's side.
My eyes widened as my gaze wandered over the new foal's body.
"Daddy look!" I cried, pointing to the colt's front legs.
He had a pair of spotless white socks, something I had never seen on a Belgian before.
We both stared as the new addition continued to nurse.
"His name is Fancy Sox," I whispered, and my father laughed.
mamabear2016
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by mamabear2016 »

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1551246
This is currently my favorite horse. Her name is WB: Star Maiden aka Star.

Star was born on a ranch in rural Wyoming. To a elderly couple who just didn't really have the time to train a foal, so they listed her way under what they should have been asking. I was at the local vet having one of my studs examined for a leg injury when the vet asked me if I was looking to take on a filly. At first I was hesitant because it was going to be winter soon and how much time would I really have? However as I was leaving the vets I ran into the elderly gentleman who was looking to rehome star.I could tell it was really breaking his heart that he couldn't take her, but with his age he just wasn't able to train her. So I agreed to go and look at her. The first time I laid eyes on her, I knew she would be something special. She was so bubbly and full of spirit. I just knew I had to take her home with me, however I could not take her for the price they were asking. It was far to cheap! So I gave the elderly couple more then they were asking and brought her home. She has been my best horse every since!
Queen of the Equines
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Queen of the Equines »

Awesome contest! Thank you for doing it!

Here is my horse, Juniper.

[horse=]Juniper[/horse]

I was looking online for a broodmare, particularly a tri-colored paint, when my eyes fell upon Juniper. I loved the red in her coat, and so I immediately bought her. She was 5 when I bought her, and not trained at all. I have bred her many times, and every time, she has yielded foals much more splendid than I was aiming for. She has been shown many times, (mostly Hunter) and has earned me the most from her shows than any of my other horses combined. ( Local and non-local shows.) Even though she was not trained or expensive when I purchased this beauty, she has turned into a fabulous horse. (My favorite, actually!!!) When I bought her, she was just "Unnamed Horse something," so I absolutely had to get her not just because of her color but because I feel bad for horses without a name. When I named her, the name just popped into my head, and even though there was not hours or even days of thought put into her name, it just felt like the perfect fit for her. I am dreading the day when my baby girl will leave me and this earth, but for now, I will ride to the moon with her!
Zuka
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Zuka »

This is my new entry, as I realized I made a mistake on my last one.
Everything was normal for so long but then. Boom. At least that’s what they said. For me, boom was not the sound of the car hitting my beloved mare, Paint, but instead the sound of what happened afterward. Everything goes wrong in one quick sound, one quick moment. And then what. No hopes, future, plans, just life life life. Anxiety, depression, school, homework. Repeat, Repeat, Repeat. Then one day another boom. And it’s not just for me. A fire down the street, houses burned, friendships burned, life’s scared, days end. New day, new scars, new burns, just the old ones covered up and hidden away. Red at our barn. Heat. Screams and sound. Running feet. They say we’ll recover, they say all our horses are fine. Lies won’t be help my pounding heart. New day, new burns, new scars with the old ones still open. Then I saw Lady. Chestnut, not clean, modest, weak. Not from us. Not one of my horses. From a barn that’s closing. Look at our new horse, they say. It’s a fresh start, and maybe not just for her, maybe for me too. New day, healing, learning, mistakes, new memories. Not just for me.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1521805

I hope you enjoyed, and thank you for hosting this wonderful competition!
buzzy
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by buzzy »

Meet Winter Breeze she is the first horse I adopted when I started the game. I gave her to somebody who will love her as much as I did. Here is her link:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1603764

My first mare, I remember being soo excited about adopting her, even before I knew about status or genetic potentials in this game. But that didn't matter to me.... I thought she was the prettiest mare in the whole game, and nobody was going to change my mind. Even though she is a plain, and just there, I was determined to have the best foals in the game. Then I found out about stats and genetics and she got left in the dust, lonely. I almost rehomed her at one point to make more room. But then I remembered the excitement I had when I first got her and how she had my first foal. When I realized the fact she was my first mare and all the emotions I had when we first met... From that point on she will live at my ranch for the rest of her life or until somebody with a passion for her wants her. Dedicated to all first horses out there....
Last edited by buzzy on Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 11, 2024 12:27 pm

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:27 pm