Community Forum

Story Contest [CLOSED] - 200k Winning Price

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
_Americanaa_
Visit My Farm

Finding Hope

Post by _Americanaa_ »

" Miley, you need to follow your heart. You need to find Midnight Storm. She is a race horse and really needs to be found!" " I know mom. But she is also pregnant. She could be anywhere on our farm." " Miley, please! I need to do the cattle and feed the horses." " Fine. But what if I never find her." Miley stroked her brown hair. " Miley, you'll find her."
Miley walked out of the house, the wind blowing any loose hair at her face. She walked down to the barn where all the racehorses were kept. She walked in, and flipped the switch. The lights flickered, then turned on. She peeked in the first stall. She read the horse name. Secretariat, is what it said. She looked at the brown horse. She looked over to the wall. She had many ribbons on her wall. Miley then walked over to the next horse stall. Inside was her little sister, Mari's favorite horse. She looked at the pure black horse. Darkness of the Moon the name tag read. She looked at all the racehorses. About two stalls from the last stall, was Midnight Storm's stall. There was a fresh bale of hay, and pure clean water. The lock was unlocked. Miley thought how the mare could've got out. She new that Midnight Storm couldn't of gotten out by herself. She walked over to the office. She typed in the password. Inside the office was a desk with a computer on it, a schedule of when each worker had to work, horse treats, and any horse medical supplies. She walked over to she schedule and looked at Tuesday at 1:00 p.m, which was when Midnight Storm had gotten out. Marissa Johans was working. Miley knew that Marissa hated horses, and only had this job so that she could make money. She thought about Marissa's smirk when she left today. Mom handed her $5000 and Marissa said thank you, and when Mom turned her back Marissa gave Miley a sly smirk. Miley didn't know what it had meant until she had went to make sure all horses were in before the storm. She replayed the whole scene in her head. " Mom! Midnight Storm! She's out of her stall! Mom! Hurry, we need to find her! The whole event made her cry. Midnight Storm was her favorite horse. She left the office, and stormed out the barn. She locked all the doors and ran through the snow. She walked out to the outside winter pasture, where the horses were kept in the winter. She saw horse hoof prints.
" Midnight Storm!" Miley knew the hoof prints would be covered in snow soon. She started jogging. Soon she saw a mare laying down. She ran to the mare. She heard a low growl. Then another. She took out the small light that was in her pocket. She flipped it on and looked around.....into deep, green yellow eyes. She knew it was a wolf. She knew that Midnight was in no condition to fight back. She looked back into the mares scared eyes. She looked around for anything that she could use to defend her and the mare. Then she remembered she carried a knife, from when she had to cut some twine string from the hay. She took off her small back pack. She searched the pockets. She found the knife, but then she didn't want to hurt the wolf. Wolves were her second favorite animal. She took out some rope instead. When the wolf creeped up slowly, she took some salami meat out of her pockets, which were supposed to be a small snack for her. She took it out and threw it in front of her. The wolf slowly went towards it, and ate it. The wolf looked like it was bleeding, so Miley shined the light around the wolf. On it's leg, was a deep cut. She carefully walked around the wolf, took the rope, and tied it around the wolfs nose. Then took the leftover rope and made a leash type thing. She tied the wolf up to a tree. Then she walked over to the mare.........and a foal. " Midnight!" She looked at the foal. It was brown with a strip of white down her back. Midnight stood up. The foal tried about five times and soon got up as well. Miley led the horse and the foal back to the barn and placed them in Midnight's stall. Then she ran back to the wolf, and untied it. The wolf ran away, carrying the rope with it. Miley knew that he would get the string off his nose soon. Then she quickly ran back to the barn. She went to Midnight's stall, and looked at the foal. I'm going to name you........Hope. Miley smiled. Then she locked all the barn doors and went inside her house and told her Mom and sister.

The End!!!!
Little_Cookie771
Visit My Farm

Re: Story Contest- 200k Winning Price

Post by Little_Cookie771 »

KEOverheul wrote:.
Bueskm20 wrote:.
DreamWood13 wrote:.
778catsdogshorses33 wrote:.
I really hope I got the quote thing right.

Anyway, Everyone earns 200k.
Put up a horse (The Horse Must Be Younger Than 3 Years Old) for offers
If you want the horse back, please tell me.

I am letting everyone win 200k because no one is a bad writer. We all have some trouble with writing, but I realized that hosting a competition would make some people feel like their ideas are not amazing. So, I am giving everyone 200k.
[Insert an inspirational quote or funny comment]

I breed a ton of horses. The most common ones are Thoroughbreds, Arabians, Belgians, and Turkmen. I like to make cursed horses, so I might sell a few from time to time.
KEOverheul
Visit My Farm

Post by KEOverheul »

Little_Cookie771 wrote:
KEOverheul wrote:.
Bueskm20 wrote:.
DreamWood13 wrote:.
778catsdogshorses33 wrote:.
I really hope I got the quote thing right.

Anyway, Everyone earns 200k.
Put up a horse (The Horse Must Be Younger Than 3 Years Old) for offers
If you want the horse back, please tell me.

I am letting everyone win 200k because no one is a bad writer. We all have some trouble with writing, but I realized that hosting a competition would make some people feel like their ideas are not amazing. So, I am giving everyone 200k.
In my sale barn there is a horse but could I have it back?
Little_Cookie771
Visit My Farm

KEOverheul wrote: In my sale barn there is a horse but could I have it back?
Sure

I breed a ton of horses. The most common ones are Thoroughbreds, Arabians, Belgians, and Turkmen. I like to make cursed horses, so I might sell a few from time to time.
KEOverheul
Visit My Farm

Post by KEOverheul »

Little_Cookie771 wrote:
KEOverheul wrote: In my sale barn there is a horse but could I have it back?
Sure
ok thanks
Little_Cookie771
Visit My Farm

KEOverheul wrote:
Little_Cookie771 wrote: Sure
ok thanks
Okay, he is up for offers

Dreamwood13
Visit My Farm

Re: Story Contest [CLOSED] - 200k Winning Price

Post by Dreamwood13 »

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1752629

She's up for offers

Thank you for hosting this contest. It was fun to do some impromptu writing.
_Americanaa_
Visit My Farm

Post by _Americanaa_ »

Ok! So everyone won right? So here is the horse I want to sell. Sorry about the late reply, but I have been really busy. So here is the link: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1748449
_Americanaa_
Visit My Farm

Post by _Americanaa_ »

Sorry! I didnt see the horse had to be under 3. So here is my new one. He is up. http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1748449

Thank YOu!
Dreamwood13
Visit My Farm

Post by Dreamwood13 »

Oh I forgot about the three years old thing.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1783596

I'd like her back :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 pm