Community Forum

Promote a Rare Breed Contest (CLOSED)

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Gaagii
Visit My Farm

Promote a Rare Breed Contest (CLOSED)

Post by Gaagii »

This version is closed

Please see here.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 24&t=17103

I am holding a contest to promote rarer (less than 10 animals) breeds on the game.

Breeds:
American Walking Pony
Ban-ei
Bardigiano
Burma Pony
Byelorussian Harness Horse
Calabrese
Calvinia Horse
Coffin Bay Ponies
Comtois
Danube
Dole Trotter
East Bulgarian
Einsiedler
Flores Pony
Galiceno
Galician Pony
Hequ
Hungarian Warmblood
Indian Country Bred
Indianbred
Karachia
Kladruby
Kushum
Landais
Latvian Harness Horse
Latvian Heavy Draft
Lokai
Losino
Malopolski
Manipuri Pony
Maremana
Misaki Pony
Miyako Pony
Murakosi
New Kirgiz
Pinia
Pleven
Poney Francais de Selle
Pottock
San Fratellano
Sandalwood
Sardinian
Schleswiger Heavy Draft
Sella Italiano
Sokolsky
South German Horse
Spiti
Sumbawa
Swedish Ardennais
Taishuh Horse
Tawleed
Toric
Welsh Pony of Cob Type
Western Sudan Pony

Breed summaries can be found here

Rules

Please do not use any animals for stud or sale (animals not bred by you). Please note I will review pedigrees of all linked horses as want to have an increased gene pool available for each breed.

Please you can not have animals of the breed you choose already on your farm. Please note I will review your main (and side) farm before you start. This is to level the playing field.

Please bred at least 10, preferably more, animals of the breed. They can be sold or not please keep horse's links/numbers so can be reviewed.

Please try to aim for 5 star evaluations for animals. You can purchase books for evaluating animals here. Lower evaluations will also be considered

Please try to keep from "extreme" (absolutely no offense to anyone) looks - e.g. very stubby legs, croup that slope too much, etc. Very sloped croup example.

Please try to maintain a lower COI %. This maybe hard with some of the breeds but I believe a 80% COI as the "cut off" if you would is fair.

Notes:
If you get other players to help (e.g. cash, horses, etc.) note there will only be one prize for the top contestant. Note if other players help they can not sell/stud you a horse of the breed.

Evaluations
Each linked horse will be evaluated for points on a point system. The highest points earned earns the top prize. If there is a conflict between Player A & Player B on who scored better there'll be a public 'vote'.

Breed evaluation - 1 star = 2 points (e.g. a 3 star evaluated horse = 6 points)

Exceed COI "cut off" - 10% = minus 1 point (e.g. horse's COI is 90% = minus 1 point)
Below COI "cut off" - 10% = plus 1 point (e.g. horse's COI is 70% = plus 1 point)
Note if the COI is too imbalanced among breeds this evaluation will be scraped.

Use of animals for sale/stud (animals not bred by you) - minus 2 points each animal in pedigree

Horse "extreme" appearance - minus 1.5 points every aspect (e.g. stubby legs & very sloped croup = minus 3 points).

Applications
Main Account Name:
Side Account Name:
Breed:
Name of Other Players who Help & How: (this can be added to as you go)

Prizes
Top Prize - 5,200 Pony Tokens (or near equal value in player upgrades)
2nd Place - 2,700 Pony Tokens (or near equal value in player upgrades)
3rd Place - 1,600 Pony Tokens (or near equal value in player upgrades)
4th Place - 600 Pony Tokens (or near equal value in player upgrades)

Addition #1 April 8, 2019
To clarify you can not use studs or sale horses of your chosen breed. To clarify the (at least ten) linked horses you provide must be pure breed. The prize is for one person (the one who fills out an application) if you work with others.

Addition #2 April 8, 2019
If others help you they, unfortunately, can not compete using the same breed. They would have to work on a different breed.

Addition #3 April 8, 2019
Time line - I have 6 months in the back of my mind. The contest, however, won't close until everyone who fills out an application provides the links to at least 10 horses of their breeds.

If a player quits the game, becomes less active, etc. he/she shall be given a month's grace period after all other players have supplied their horses to respond (they'll be pinged). If they do not respond unfortunately they will be forfeit their chance.

NOTE - if a family emergency, etc. happens please let me know.

Addition #4 April 8, 2019
How do you receive your pony tokens.

I will purchase the pony tokens via real life cash. Instead of putting my username in the purchaser's field the winners' names would be put there. This redirects the pony tokens to another's account.

Addition #5 April 10, 2019

Using sale or stud animals. You can buy animals off the market they just can not be of the breed you are trying to breed.
Last edited by Gaagii on Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Occasional Purchaser of Upgrades/Pony Tokens (temporarily closed)
Plume Horse Association
ZaRHBR Member, MRA Member

Gaagii (#88314) & Craven (#88478)
SilverSaddle
Visit My Farm

Re: Promote a Rare Breed Contest (Top Prize 5200 Pony Tokens)

Post by SilverSaddle »

How the winners get the pony tokens? Are you a administrator?
SnowStorm
Visit My Farm

Post by SnowStorm »

Gaagii wrote:I am holding a contest to promote rarer (less than 10 animals) breeds on the game.

Breeds:
American Walking Pony
Ban-ei
Bardigiano
Burma Pony
Calabrese
Calvinia Horse
Coffin Bay Ponies
Comtois
Danube
Dole Trotter
East Bulgarian
Einsiedler
Flores Pony
Galiceno
Galician Pony
Hequ
Hungarian Warmblood
Indian Country Bred
Indianbred
Karachia
Kladruby
Kushum
Landais
Latvian Harness Horse
Latvian Heavy Draft
Lokai
Losino
Malopolski
Manipuri Pony
Maremana
Misaki Pony
Miyako Pony
Murakosi
New Kirgiz
Pinia
Pleven
Poney Francais de Selle
Pottock
San Fratellano
Sandalwood
Sardinian
Schleswiger Heavy Draft
Sella Italiano
Sokolsky
South German Horse
Spiti
Sumbawa
Swedish Ardennais
Taishuh Horse
Tawleed
Toric
Welsh Pony of Cob Type
Western Sudan Pony

Rules

Please do not use any animals for stud or sale (animals not bred by you). Please note I will review pedigrees of all linked horses as want to have an increased gene pool available for each breed.

Please you can not have animals of the breed you choose already on your farm. Please note I will review your main (and side) farm before you start. This is to level the playing field.

Please bred at least 10, preferably more, animals of the breed. They can be sold or not please keep horse's links/numbers so can be reviewed.

Please try to aim for 5 star evaluations for animals. You can purchase books for evaluating animals here. Lower evaluations will also be considered

Please try to keep from "extreme" (absolutely no offense to anyone) looks - e.g. very stubby legs, croup that slope too much, etc. Very sloped croup example.

Please try to maintain a lower COI %. This maybe hard with some of the breeds but I believe a 80% COI as the "cut off" if you would is fair.

Notes:
If you get other players to help (e.g. cash, horses, etc.) note there will only be one prize for the top contestant. Note if other players help they can not sell/stud you a horse of the breed.

Evaluations
Each linked horse will be evaluated for points on a point system. The highest points earned earns the top prize. If there is a conflict between Player A & Player B on who scored better there'll be a public 'vote'.

Exceed COI "cut off" - 10% = minus 1 point (e.g. horse's COI is 90% = minus 1 point)
Below COI "cut off" - 10% = plus 1 point (e.g. horse's COI is 70% = plus 1 point)

Use of animals for sale/stud (animals not bred by you) - minus 2 points each animal in pedigree

Horse "extreme" appearance - minus 1.5 points every aspect (e.g. stubby legs & very sloped croup = minus 3 points).

Applications
Main Account Name:
Side Account Name:
Breed:

Prizes

I have a question, if we have already bred a horse on this list, can we start over and do the breed again. Such as I already have three Indian Country Breds, but if I didn't use them and started again from sractch, would that count? I have none of the parents of the existing ICB's either. Just start more Indian Country Breds from scratch again. Because I really like them and would love more.
Gaagii
Visit My Farm

Post by Gaagii »

JessenJ24 wrote:
Gaagii wrote:I am holding a contest to promote rarer (less than 10 animals) breeds on the game.

Breeds:
American Walking Pony
Ban-ei
Bardigiano
Burma Pony
Calabrese
Calvinia Horse
Coffin Bay Ponies
Comtois
Danube
Dole Trotter
East Bulgarian
Einsiedler
Flores Pony
Galiceno
Galician Pony
Hequ
Hungarian Warmblood
Indian Country Bred
Indianbred
Karachia
Kladruby
Kushum
Landais
Latvian Harness Horse
Latvian Heavy Draft
Lokai
Losino
Malopolski
Manipuri Pony
Maremana
Misaki Pony
Miyako Pony
Murakosi
New Kirgiz
Pinia
Pleven
Poney Francais de Selle
Pottock
San Fratellano
Sandalwood
Sardinian
Schleswiger Heavy Draft
Sella Italiano
Sokolsky
South German Horse
Spiti
Sumbawa
Swedish Ardennais
Taishuh Horse
Tawleed
Toric
Welsh Pony of Cob Type
Western Sudan Pony

Rules

Notes:

Evaluations

Applications
Main Account Name:
Side Account Name:
Breed:

Prizes

I have a question, if we have already bred a horse on this list, can we start over and do the breed again. Such as I already have three Indian Country Breds, but if I didn't use them and started again from sractch, would that count? I have none of the parents of the existing ICB's either. Just start more Indian Country Breds from scratch again. Because I really like them and would love more.

Certainly.
Plume Horse Association

SnowStorm
Visit My Farm

Post by SnowStorm »

Gaagii wrote:
JessenJ24 wrote:

Certainly.

Ok, thank you so much. That is so muuch easier since I have all the books nessesarry.
Gaagii
Visit My Farm

Post by Gaagii »

JessenJ24 wrote:
Gaagii wrote:

Certainly.

Ok, thank you so much. That is so muuch easier since I have all the books nessesarry.
Yep.

For others reading the same as Jessen's question applies. You can start from scratch for a breed you've already bred if desired.
Plume Horse Association

_Americanaa_
Visit My Farm

Post by _Americanaa_ »

Wait, so are we allowed to use studs and sale horses? I hope I can win, i want to become premnium, and how are you going to give us pony tokens?
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Gaagii wrote:...
Main Account Name: _h a z e l_
Side Account Name: _h a z e l 2_ and _h a z e l 3_
Breed: East Bulgarian
Name of Other Players who Help & How: (this can be added to as you go) None as of right now, but that could change :)

*How long do we have to do this?
Mega
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mega »

Wow. Thats going to be really hard......Challenge accepted!

Main Account Name: Horse Heaven
Side Account Name: Sassys Farm
Breed: Sandalwood

I hope we have a longgggg time to do this.
_Americanaa_
Visit My Farm

Post by _Americanaa_ »

Breeds:
American Walking Pony
Ban-ei
Bardigiano
Burma Pony
Calabrese
Calvinia Horse
Coffin Bay Ponies
Comtois
Danube
Dole Trotter
East Bulgarian
Einsiedler
Flores Pony
Galiceno
Galician Pony
Hequ
Hungarian Warmblood
Indian Country Bred
Indianbred
Karachia
Kladruby
Kushum
Landais
Latvian Harness Horse
Latvian Heavy Draft
Lokai
Losino
Malopolski
Manipuri Pony
Maremana
Misaki Pony
Miyako Pony
Murakosi
New Kirgiz
Pinia
Pleven
Poney Francais de Selle
Pottock
San Fratellano
Sandalwood
Sardinian
Schleswiger Heavy Draft
Sella Italiano
Sokolsky
South German Horse
Spiti
Sumbawa
Swedish Ardennais
Taishuh Horse
Tawleed
Toric
Welsh Pony of Cob Type
Western Sudan Pony

Rules

Notes:

Evaluations

Applications
Main Account Name:
Side Account Name:
Breed:

Prizes
I have a question: How are you going to give us the pony tokens? Also, I am going to enter but does the foal have to be purebred? If not, can it be a mix of TWO RARE breeds, would that be good, or does it need to be purebred?
So here is my entry:
1. 778catsdogshorses33
2.none
3. Ban-ei
4. No one so far
Be aware, it is going to take me many many days to complete this
Last edited by _Americanaa_ on Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 8:04 am

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:04 am