Community Forum

Win 500K cash WITHOUT the help of your horses!

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Win 500K cash WITHOUT the help of your horses!

Post by Royale Ranch »

Welcome, to the world of racing... ahem, car racing, or more specifically:

Welcome to the world of Formula One Racing.

Yes, Yes, I know it's not horse related - BUT: this competition will give you the opportunity to win a decent cash price on HWO.

A quick background:
"Formula One (F1) is the highest class of single-seater auto racing sanctioned by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile and owned by the Formula One Group. The FIA Formula One World Championship has been one of the premier forms of racing around the world since its inaugural season in 1950." - Wikipedia

Every couple of weeks, a grand prix takes place at a different venue around the world. 10 teams, with 20 drivers all from varying nationalities. This year, there are 4 remaining races left.

The Competition:

So, over the duration of the next three months, while these four races are running, I'm running a series of events, 1 event per race. the goal? to predict the winner(s). It's your job to do as much research (or none at all) to predict - or guess - the winner(s).
[HINT: Google: "Formula One" or "F1" to find more info. plus, i've inculded a list of all the drivers below

The prize(s)
- You correctly predict the 5 place holders, you'll get 100K per race. (plus, more prizes to be won)
- All up, there is over 500K to be won!

The Four Events
1.) October 28, 2019: The Mexican Grand Prix
2.) November 4, 2019: The United States Grand Prix
3.) November 18, 2019: The Brazilian Grand Prix
4.) December 2, 2019: The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
(Dates and times may vary according to your local time zone)
For now, forget all the events except number 1: the Mexican Grand Prix

THE FIRST EVENT:
The following details relate to the race being held in two weeks time in Mexico. Your task is to guess which driver from the list below will come first, second, third, fourth and fifth.

The Specifics:
There are Two ways you can win for the first event.
- Predict the first 5 Placings for the upcoming grand prix. (i.e. who came first, second, third, fourth and fifth.) you can have two guesses per entry here. (only one entry per person)
- Bonus prize: Predict MY PERSONAL favourite driver (only one guess per person.)
- note that I Have listed all drivers below, so if you want, just pick 5 random drivers and you just might just win 100K!

Running Time/Close Date:
(The first) upcoming event IS NOW OPEN will close BEFORE Flag goes down at the Mexican GP (at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez), your local time. That is, (if i've calculated it correctly) Sunday, 26 October 1910 hours UTC Time.

Winnings
[the most accurate guess at the first 5 places]
- 1st place: 100K
- Runner up: 33K

[additional prize: the person to predict my personal favourite driver]
- 1st person to guess correctly: 50K
- anyone else to guess correctly: 10K

This competition will be judged within 48 hours of the Mexican Grand Prix 2019.

Some additional info for you!
- the 10 teams in no particular order (not that you really need this info): Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren, Renault, Toro Rosso, Racing Point, Haas, Alfa Romeo, Willilams.

Also, for your interest, i have included the list of all drivers in alphabetical order:
- A. Albon
- A. Giovinazzi
- C. Leclerc
- C. Sainz Jr
- D. Kvyat
- D. Ricciardo
- G. Russell
- K. Magnussen
- K. Räikkönen
- L. Hamilton
- L. Norris
- L. Stroll
- M. Verstrappen
- N. Hülkenberg
- P. Gasley
- R. Grosjean
- R. Kubica
- S. Pérez
- S. Vettel
- V. Bottas

Entry Form:
The entry form below inculdes room for you to write your name, and have two chances to predict who comes 1st - 5th in the race.. also room to fill out who you think my favorite driver is. you do not have to fill out all spaces. Plus, feel free to add any of the following info at the bottom: Who's you're personal fav? Is there any driver/team that you really, really don't like? Do you actually follow F1 at all, or is this just an educated guess? and whatever else you want to add.. who knows? I may give out a special prize.
To complete the entry form, simply click the "Select All" text below, and reply in this thread. PLEASE, DO NOT QUOTE OR PING ME!

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b]
Predict the first 5 placeholders in the Mexican GP:
[b]Entry 1:[b]
[i]1st Place:[/i] 
[i]2nd Place:[/i] 
[i]3rd Place:[/i] 
[i]4th Place:[/i] 
[i]5th Place:[/i] 

[b]Entry 2:[b]
[i]1st Place:[/i] 
[i]2nd Place:[/i] 
[i]3rd Place:[/i] 
[i]4th Place:[/i] 
[i]5th Place:[/i] 

[b]Guess my Favorite Driver:[/b]
[b]Any additional info?[/b]

Rules
1. One Entry per player
2. All players must adhere to the standard HWO rules and uphold usual courtasies (politenes etc.)
3. No entires accepted after the start of the Mexican GP 2019, Local time. I hold no responsibility for any confusion relating to time zones.
4. I withold the right to refuse/reject or withdraw any entry from this event.

One Last Thing:
;) - Play fair - Enjoy - and have fun - :D

ps - feel fee to contact me with any questions or whatever - i dont mind (just please dont quote this message! - i am subscribed, and i will see the notification hat you have replayed!

all the very best,
Royale.

Edited: Added "opening time (now) and not re: asking questions
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:37 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:37 pm