The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

HW Newsletter Writer's Chat

h a z e l
Visit My Farm

HW Newsletter Writer's Chat

Post by h a z e l »

RenegadePegasus wrote:Western Timed Section
Lila25172 wrote:Western Scored Section
Kamichi Stables wrote:English Eventing Section
Sawd10 wrote:English Other Section
Veterinarian wrote:Driving Section
_h a z e l_ wrote:Racing Section
Schedule
Racing Section- posted on the 1st of each month
Both English Sections- posted one week later on the same day as the 1st
Both Western Sections- posted one week later on the same day as the 1st
Driving Section- posted on week later on the same day as the 1st

Example:
Racing Section- Friday, November 1st
English Sections- Friday, November 8
Western Sections- Friday, November 15
Driving Section- Friday, November 22

Rules
*You are being paid to write for me ($50,000 per issue), and you agreed to follow my rules when I hired you. Therefore, if you break one rule, you will get a warning and it will be overlooked; if you break two, you will get another, firmer warning; but if you break three or more rules, you will be fired.

1. Absolutely no foul language
2. I have a right to ask for something in your newsletter to be removed, and if I ask it to be removed, it had better be removed within 24 hours (unless you are Sawd who is only on on the weekends :))
3. Please model your newsletter branches after mine (too many different formats can be confusing for readers); however, I do want to see a personal twist :D
4. Please, please, please keep in contact with me! This is very important! I want to hear everything and anything you have to say about the newsletter. If you don't like something I'm doing, tell me. I want to hear it, I promise. Nothing is too "mean" or "harsh." I like it when you can be honest and upfront with me. :) I want to hear your suggestions! (and anything else you have to say too! :))
5. Please bookmark this page so that we don't always have to quote one another.
Last edited by h a z e l on Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 10 times in total.
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Re: HW Newsletter Writer's Chat

Post by RenegadePegasus »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Schedule

Example:

Rules
*You are being paid to write for me, and you agreed to follow my rules when I hired you. Therefore, if you break one rule, you will get a warning and it will be overlooked; if you break two, you will get another, firmer warning; but if you break three or more rules, you will be fired.

2. I have a right to ask for something in your newsletter to be removed, and if I ask it to be removed, it had better be removed within 24 hours (unless you are Sawd who is only on on the weekends :))
3. Please model your newsletter branches after mine (too many different formats can be confusing for readers); however, I do want to see a personal twist :D
4. Please, please, please keep in contact with me! This is very important! I want to hear everything and anything you have to say about the newsletter. If you don't like something I'm doing, tell me. I want to hear it, I promise. Nothing is too "mean" or "harsh." I like it when you can be honest and upfront with me. :) I want to hear your suggestions! (and anything else you have to say too! :))
Got it! :)
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

RenegadePegasus wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:

Schedule

Example:

Rules
*You are being paid to write for me, and you agreed to follow my rules when I hired you. Therefore, if you break one rule, you will get a warning and it will be overlooked; if you break two, you will get another, firmer warning; but if you break three or more rules, you will be fired.

Got it! :)
Awesome! :D
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Sawd10 wrote:...
Kamichi Stables wrote:...
As your newsletters will be coming out on the 8th, I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing :)
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Kamichi Stables »

_h a z e l_ wrote:[qute="Sawd10"]...
As your newsletters will be coming out on the 8th, I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing :)[/quote]
I am going to work on it tomorrow, as Mondays and Wednesdays are my busy days. I should have it ready at least a few days before it is time for it to go out. I will PM you the official letter before I actually post it.

Kamichi
What are you actually supposed to put here?
-Kam
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Kamichi Stables wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:[qute="Sawd10"]...
As your newsletters will be coming out on the 8th, I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing :)
I am going to work on it tomorrow, as Mondays and Wednesdays are my busy days. I should have it ready at least a few days before it is time for it to go out. I will PM you the official letter before I actually post it.

Kamichi[/quote]

Sounds good! :) Great, thank you! :D Can't wait to see it!!
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Schedule

Example:

Rules

Alright, cool!
A wise man once said nothing at all.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Sawd10 wrote:...
I was able to check today. Will start on Friday
A wise man once said nothing at all.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Sawd10 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:

I was able to check today. Will start on Friday
All right, great! :D
Lila25172
Visit My Farm

Post by Lila25172 »

[quote="_h a z e l_"][quote="RenegadePegasus"]Western Timed Section[/quote]
[quote="Lila25172"]Western Scored Section[/quote]
[quote="Kamichi Stables"]English Eventing Section[/quote]
[quote="Sawd10"]English Other Section[/quote]
[quote="Veterinarian"]Driving Section[/quote]
[quote="_h a z e l_"]Racing Section[/quote]

[b]Schedule[/b]

[i]Example:[/i]
[img]https://cdn.ko-fi.com/cdn/useruploads/j ... ac0850.jpg[/img]

[size=150][b]Rules[/b][/size]
[i]*You are being paid to write for me, and you agreed to follow my rules when I hired you. Therefore, if you break one rule, you will get a warning and it will be overlooked; if you break two, you will get another, firmer warning; but if you break three or more rules, you will be fired.[/i]

[b]3.[/b] Please model your newsletter branches after mine (too many different formats can be confusing for readers); however, I do want to see a personal twist :D
4. [b]Please, please, please[/b] keep in contact with me! This is very important! I want to hear everything and anything you have to say about the newsletter. If you don't like something I'm doing, tell me. I want to hear it, I promise. Nothing is too "mean" or "harsh." I like it when you can be honest and upfront with me. :) I want to hear your suggestions! (and anything else you have to say too! :))[/quote]

Hi Hazel! I am a bit confused. For the western section there is Western Trail and Western Pleasure, should I mention the top ranking horses for both or just find the one that has scored highest in both disciplines?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:39 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:39 am