Both Western Sections- posted one week later on the same day as the 1st
Driving Section- posted on week later on the same day as the 1st

Example:
Racing Section- Friday, November 1st
English Sections- Friday, November 8
Western Sections- Friday, November 15
Driving Section- Friday, November 22

Rules
*You are being paid to write for me, and you agreed to follow my rules when I hired you. Therefore, if you break one rule, you will get a warning and it will be overlooked; if you break two, you will get another, firmer warning; but if you break three or more rules, you will be fired.

1. Absolutely no foul language
2. I have a right to ask for something in your newsletter to be removed, and if I ask it to be removed, it had better be removed within 24 hours (unless you are Sawd who is only on on the weekends :))
3. Please model your newsletter branches after mine (too many different formats can be confusing for readers); however, I do want to see a personal twist :D
4. Please, please, please keep in contact with me! This is very important! I want to hear everything and anything you have to say about the newsletter. If you don't like something I'm doing, tell me. I want to hear it, I promise. Nothing is too "mean" or "harsh." I like it when you can be honest and upfront with me. :) I want to hear your suggestions! (and anything else you have to say too! :))
Hi Hazel! I am a bit confused. For the western section there is Western Trail and Western Pleasure, should I mention the top ranking horses for both or just find the one that has scored highest in both disciplines?
Top ranking horses for both because they are two separate disciplines :)
h a z e l
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: HW Newsletter Writer's Chat

Post by h a z e l »

Lila25172 wrote:...
Veterinarian wrote:...
If you two feel like including this in your respective newsletter branches that would be great! :D
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =8&t=20364
h a z e l
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

RenegadePegasus wrote:Western Timed Section
Lila25172 wrote:Western Scored Section
Kamichi Stables wrote:English Eventing Section
Sawd10 wrote:English Other Section
Veterinarian wrote:Driving Section
_h a z e l_ wrote:Racing Section
Hey all :)
I just added a new rule :)
5. Please bookmark this page so that we don't always have to quote one another.

Also, I just posted my fifth issue of the racing branch, so please read it and tell me (exactly) what you think! :)

Thanks guys!

Have an awesome weekend!

Hazel
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Kamichi Stables »

_h a z e l_ wrote:ping
Hey,

I am just checking that you got my PM the other day about my branch's first issue. I never got a response so I sent another PM to verify you got it, but again, never got a response. I am starting to panic, and just wanted to try checking with you again that you got what I had typed up.

Thanks,
Kamichi
What are you actually supposed to put here?
-Kam
h a z e l
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Kamichi Stables wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:ping
Hey,

I am just checking that you got my PM the other day about my branch's first issue. I never got a response so I sent another PM to verify you got it, but again, never got a response. I am starting to panic, and just wanted to try checking with you again that you got what I had typed up.

Thanks,
Kamichi
Hey Kam,
So sorry! Yes, I got the original PM, but I never got the follow-up... I thought I answered.. I guess I typed it up and never sent it! :oops:
I think it looks fantastic! :) I can’t wait to see it in newsletter format!
#Yfke7
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by #Yfke7 »

_hazel_
Hi Hazel! Could you maybe come into the chat room for a moment? Because I need to discuss something with you about the newsletter..
h a z e l
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

#Yfke7 wrote:
_hazel_
Hi Hazel! Could you maybe come into the chat room for a moment? Because I need to discuss something with you about the newsletter..
Hello :) I apologize for missing you, hopefully we can meet up in chat soon! What would be a good day/time for you? For future reference, please use this forum for contacting me since this one is dedicated to the newsletter writers :) Thank you!
h a z e l
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

So Black Oak had a really good idea that she brought to my attention :D Thought I would share it with you all!

"I was thinking that I would run a series of competitions, rather mini-championships, named after the newsletters and maybe have a unique link-back into the newspaper. For instance, the last week of the month (just before the racing release), I'd have a mini championship of the racing disciplines with the overall winners getting an extra purse, and maybe a mention in the newsletter about them."
Something like that.

Let me know what you think!
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by RenegadePegasus »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
So Black Oak had a really good idea that she brought to my attention :D Thought I would share it with you all!

"I was thinking that I would run a series of competitions, rather mini-championships, named after the newsletters and maybe have a unique link-back into the newspaper. For instance, the last week of the month (just before the racing release), I'd have a mini championship of the racing disciplines with the overall winners getting an extra purse, and maybe a mention in the newsletter about them."
Something like that.

Let me know what you think!
Yes! That would be GREAT!!!!
h a z e l
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Thundering Hooves just private messaged me offering to help out with one of the issues if it was needed :) If any of you are feeling stressed out with writing your first newsletter, or just want to include another outlook, just give Thundering Hooves a ping ;)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 09, 2024 11:48 pm

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:48 pm