Post by RenegadePegasus »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
RenegadePegasus wrote:Western Timed Section
Lila25172 wrote:Western Scored Section
Kamichi Stables wrote:English Eventing Section
Sawd10 wrote:English Other Section
Veterinarian wrote:Driving Section
_h a z e l_ wrote:Racing Section
Thundering Hooves just private messaged me offering to help out with one of the issues if it was needed :) If any of you are feeling stressed out with writing your first newsletter, or just want to include another outlook, just give Thundering Hooves a ping ;)
I sent you mine when I was Premium. I can still pull up the draft.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Re: HW Newsletter Writer's Chat

Post by h a z e l »

Sawd10 wrote:...
Kamichi Stables wrote:...
Today is the day! :D I'm super excited to see your branches Sawd and Kam! :) How are they coming along? Are you ready to publish them? :)
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Thundering Hooves just private messaged me offering to help out with one of the issues if it was needed :) If any of you are feeling stressed out with writing your first newsletter, or just want to include another outlook, just give Thundering Hooves a ping ;)
Sound good.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Sawd10 wrote:...
Kamichi Stables wrote:...
Today is the day! :D I'm super excited to see your branches Sawd and Kam! :) How are they coming along? Are you ready to publish them? :)
~!ALERT!~ I went to roller skating rank today and came back really late, THEN I lost premium after saving my draft to my newsletter NOW it's all gone. :| :| :| :| :| :evil:
Veterinarian
Visit My Farm

Post by Veterinarian »

_h a z e l_ wrote:ping
Hi Hazel!
I just wanted to ask you a few questions about the newsletter :lol: .
Keeping in mind that you have asked us to model our newsletter branches after yours, should the information in my newsletter be from October 22 to November 22?

In the Rising Star section should I include horse under a certain age, for example 5 or under 6(if yes what about the horses that are kept frozen?)? Should the horses have a title or not?

Another question that I have is should I include the link for HWO Racing Newsletter Communication Forum? If yes then shouldn't the 'Racing' be removed from the title and if no wouldn't it be more preferable to have our Feedback all in one topic and if ,again, no should every branch have it's own communication forum?

And finally in the Driving horse sale section should I include horses that in their sale add there will be written that the horse has been bred for , let's say Marathon Driving, (which I doubt I will find since there are not many people who breed horses for the driving competitions) or should I make my own research (which will also be hard since I will be losing my premium account today lol).

Lol that is all hope I did not bother you
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Sawd10 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:

~!ALERT!~ I went to roller skating rank today and came back really late, THEN I lost premium after saving my draft to my newsletter NOW it's all gone. :| :| :| :| :| :evil:
Roller skating sounds fun! :)
Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that :oops: It’s all right if you’re a couple days late for your first issue then :) If you need any help let me know!
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Veterinarian wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:ping
Hi Hazel!
I just wanted to ask you a few questions about the newsletter :lol: .
Keeping in mind that you have asked us to model our newsletter branches after yours, should the information in my newsletter be from October 22 to November 22?

In the Rising Star section should I include horse under a certain age, for example 5 or under 6(if yes what about the horses that are kept frozen?)? Should the horses have a title or not?

Another question that I have is should I include the link for HWO Racing Newsletter Communication Forum? If yes then shouldn't the 'Racing' be removed from the title and if no wouldn't it be more preferable to have our Feedback all in one topic and if ,again, no should every branch have it's own communication forum?

And finally in the Driving horse sale section should I include horses that in their sale add there will be written that the horse has been bred for , let's say Marathon Driving, (which I doubt I will find since there are not many people who breed horses for the driving competitions) or should I make my own research (which will also be hard since I will be losing my premium account today lol).

Lol that is all hope I did not bother you
No problem Veterinarian, I want you to ask me questions :D

Yes, that is correct :) The information in your newsletter should cover the past month.

For my newsletter, I used horses that had a champion title or below for the rising star section; preferably below. All I did was go to competitions -> results, and then looked up level 1 results for any of the racing competitions. Then I picked a horse that was running fairly good times and looked like it was going to go somewhere in competitions.

You know, you brought up a good point. I thought that everyone would have their own individual communications forum for each branch, but now that I think about it, that's just a good way to clutter the forum. We should probably all just use my communication forum.. what do you think?

I hope I'm understanding you right here. Are you asking if you should feature horses that say in their notes they are bred for a driving discipline, or find horses that look like they are bred for driving disciplines even though it's not in their notes...? If I am understanding you correctly, then I would say do your own research. For me, it's pretty easy because I can look up certain breeds that are known to be racers. It will probably be a little harder for you. You can start by searching the Horses For Sale section of the forum for any horses that are titled in a driving discipline. You could also search the market for heavier type breeds like Belgians, Percherons, and Shires... I am pretty ignorant as to what breeds are good at driving disciplines, but I would start by looking for Belgians, because they are the most popular heavier type breed- at least for your very first issue :) Then you can do more research into the types of horses that do driving. Maybe check the competition results for driving disciplines and see if you see any breed trends there? Just throwing ideas out at this point :lol:

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions :D

Thanks so much!
Hazel

~Later Edit~

Black Oak pmed me about newsletter related things and included this suggestion for you :) (for finding driving horses to feature in your newsletter branch)

"For those 'bred for specific disciplines' all you really have to look for, is those that have a bloodline that's competed in that discipline for at least one generation (the parents and the horse, or the horse and the foals)... and for those that are generalized (compete in many), they can still be considered bred-for certain disciplines if that line shows a distinct liking for that discipline for the same number of generations."
Last edited by h a z e l on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

-Voted for a separate communications forum for each branch
-Voted for all in one forum
-Voted for a separate communications forum for each branch

Okay guys, Veterinarian made a good point in a recent post on here directed to me.. and I thought I would pass it along.
Do you think each of the branches should have a separate communications forum or should we all share one?
If we all shared one, it could get cluttered and it might become difficult for the different branches to distinguish who is talking to whom... and also we would all have to check the forum constantly for any questions directed to us.
But then if we all have a different communications forum, it would fill up the General Chit Chat and cause some clutter there.
So, opinions?

Thanks- I hope you all are having a great weekend! :D
Hazel
Last edited by h a z e l on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Post by RenegadePegasus »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Okay guys, Veterinarian made a good point in a recent post on here directed to me.. and I thought I would pass it along.
Do you think each of the branches should have a separate communications forum or should we all share one?
If we all shared one, it could get cluttered and it might become difficult for the different branches to distinguish who is talking to whom... and also we would all have to check the forum constantly for any questions directed to us.
But then if we all have a different communications forum, it would fill up the General Chit Chat and cause some clutter there.
So, opinions?

Hazel
I think having a separate forum for each would be best.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

RenegadePegasus wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:

So, opinions?

Hazel
I think having a separate forum for each would be best.
Ok, thank you for your input RenegadePegasus :D
Oh btw, do you have a nickname you wouldn't mind me calling you? :) RenegadePegasus works but it is kinda long to type out.. :P If not, that's totally fine :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 11:17 pm

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:17 pm