Community Forum

Futurities & "Championships"

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

I have two different suggestions here but I'm going to be lumping them into one topic, as they're fairly similar.

The first suggestion I have is players having the opportunity to host futuries within the game itself, instead of running them off of forum topics.

For an "open entry" format they could establish certain qualifications for the pregnant mares entered, and then the foals (when born) would be given a special tag or brand that labels them as part of the futurity. Qualifications could include: specific breed, bred to a specific stud (stud ID), competed in a specific discipline/specific scores/WPS etc. A registration fee could be applied and would then be divvied between the futurity prize pool with a small cut going to the player running the futurity.

Private entries could have the requirements as well, to automatically restrict certain horses, but would also require the player running the futurity to approve each pregnant mare individually.

There would be a window for entries; the mares entered would be automatically frozen until the entry window ends; and then there would be a certain number of scheduled competitions, spaced out over a certain period of time, that the futurity horses would be automatically entered into and would score based on whatever condition they were in when the comp ran. The competitions could be all the same or multiple different disciplines.

There would be prize pools for each individual competition set/provided by the player hosting, and prize pools for the overall standing at the end of the futurity based on entry fees. Maybe there would be some kind of ribbon or award for placing well in the overall futurity standing?

The second suggestion is for a higher tier of competition run by the game periodically; maybe a monthly or bimonthly "championship" competition, available only to horses that have achieved a certain standard of competition success, either with a qualifying score in that discipline during the period since the last championship or a certain pps/wps in that time frame. The entry fee should be fairly costly; if multiple entries are allowed per player, successive entries should increase in cost. The initial prize pool should reflect the entry fee. This could also result in some sort of ribbon or award for a top 5 placing, along with perhaps some type of exclusive tack item (an "embroidered" cooler/saddle pad perhaps, or a special bridle/halter?). Another possibility to restrict older (in real-time) horses from competing would be to have to have their first competition results (or date of birth) be within a certain period of the entry time frame, so someone couldn't take a single horse and continuously stomp their competition.
Cypress Creek Elites
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

I have a pretty clear idea in my head of what this could look like so if this (either part) seems like a doable suggestion, I can try to better describe my vision for these special competitions.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 2:34 am

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:34 am