Community Forum

Thoroughbred Filly

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Thatgirlwhorides
Visit My Farm

Thoroughbred Filly

Post by Thatgirlwhorides »

Help! What color could she be? I was tentatively guessing maybe flaxen/silver gold champagne, if there is such a thing? Not too sure, I haven't seen this in my tb's before. Any and all help is appreciated! :D

Shimmering
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Thoroughbred Filly

Post by Silverine »

Thatgirlwhorides wrote:Help! What color could she be? I was tentatively guessing maybe flaxen/silver gold champagne, if there is such a thing? Not too sure, I haven't seen this in my tb's before. Any and all help is appreciated! :D

Shimmering
She is flaxen gold champagne with light pangare on her legs. Just for the record - silver will not show up on a chestnut-based horse as it only affects black pigment. So only bay-, brown-, or black-based horses can show silver. Similarly, flaxen will only show up on red-based horses because it only affects red pigment.
Thatgirlwhorides
Visit My Farm

Re: Thoroughbred Filly

Post by Thatgirlwhorides »

Silverine wrote:
Thatgirlwhorides wrote:Help! What color could she be? I was tentatively guessing maybe flaxen/silver gold champagne, if there is such a thing? Not too sure, I haven't seen this in my tb's before. Any and all help is appreciated! :D

Shimmering
She is flaxen gold champagne with light pangare on her legs. Just for the record - silver will not show up on a chestnut-based horse as it only affects black pigment. So only bay-, brown-, or black-based horses can show silver. Similarly, flaxen will only show up on red-based horses because it only affects red pigment.
Thank you so much! And thanks for the genetics refresher, I completely forgot about the black-based fact! That clears up a lot :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 6:07 pm

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:07 pm