Community Forum

Sooty, Dark Chestnut, or Caused By Shine?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
BananaDragonSide
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Sooty, Dark Chestnut, or Caused By Shine?

Post by BananaDragonSide »

??

I have this new mare I picked up from the AC, and she looks a bit dark on the shoulder/front half of her body/whatever it is I'm tired

At first I thought it was Sooty, but after staring at her for a couple minutes I'm unsure if maybe she's just a really dark chestnut, or if it seems dark because the rest of her body is lighter from the Turkmene shine.
texí
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Sooty, Dark Chestnut, or Caused By Shine?

Post by texí »

BananaDragonSide wrote:??

I have this new mare I picked up from the AC, and she looks a bit dark on the shoulder/front half of her body/whatever it is I'm tired

At first I thought it was Sooty, but after staring at her for a couple minutes I'm unsure if maybe she's just a really dark chestnut, or if it seems dark because the rest of her body is lighter from the Turkmene shine.
It definitely looks like some weird sooty.
BlanketMonster
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlanketMonster »

She's just very sooty in the front! I've had a lot of my chestnuts develop sooty really dark and they end up becoming liver chestnut.
BananaDragonSide
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BananaDragonSide »

BlanketMonster wrote:She's just very sooty in the front! I've had a lot of my chestnuts develop sooty really dark and they end up becoming liver chestnut.
texí wrote:
BananaDragonSide wrote:??

It definitely looks like some weird sooty.
Alright, thanks!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 7:21 pm

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:21 pm