Community Forum

I'm super confused

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Zebracat1234
Visit My Farm

I'm super confused

Post by Zebracat1234 »

So I am newish and I just started a new project to breed Chincoteague Ponies.
Chincoteaugue ponies are [Arabian x Spanish barb] x [Welsh Pony x Shetland]
So I have an arabian mare and I bred her once with a Spanish Barb stallion and she produced a Arabian x Spanish Barb colt.
She just recently had her second foal by a Spanish Barb stallion and the colt's breed is a Colorado Ranger colt.

Soo..... If I were to breed that Colorado Ranger colt to a Welsh Pony x Shetland mare, would I still possibly get a Chincoteague Pony? Or does the breed of the colt have to be "Arabian x Spanish Barb"?
Chincoteague Ponies | Thoroughbreds
Dollar Equestrian
Visit My Farm

Re: I'm super confused

Post by Dollar Equestrian »

Zebracat1234 wrote:So I am newish and I just started a new project to breed Chincoteague Ponies.
So I have an arabian mare and I bred her once with a Spanish Barb stallion and she produced a Arabian x Spanish Barb colt.
She just recently had her second foal by a Spanish Barb stallion and the colt's breed is a Colorado Ranger colt.

Soo..... If I were to breed that Colorado Ranger colt to a Welsh Pony x Shetland mare, would I still possibly get a Chincoteague Pony? Or does the breed of the colt have to be "Arabian x Spanish Barb"?

The colt would have to be Arab x S.Barb because a Colorado Ranger's an entirely different breed :lol: I'm new too, I just learned this by looking around in the forum and learning stuff by reading things written by top players
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Zebracat1234 wrote:So I am newish and I just started a new project to breed Chincoteague Ponies.

The recipe needs to be the cross stated. Eventually, our admins are supposed to add in downgrading the new breed back to a mix, but that isn't here yet.
Using the colorado ranger for the chincoteague recipe will not work. Keep in mind that a recipe asking for a cross, doesn't necessarily need to be an exact cross either, just as long as the cross only mentions the two breeds of that cross that the recipe needs (so if your mix is 90 arabian and 10 spanish barb, as long as it says arabian x spanish barb, it'll still work).

Good luck!
Zebracat1234
Visit My Farm

Post by Zebracat1234 »

Okay cool. That's what I thought but I just wanted to be sure LOL.

Thanks guys!
Chincoteague Ponies | Thoroughbreds
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 6:58 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:58 am