Community Forum

Alpha2 and a Reset

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Alpha2 and a Reset

Post by larissar »

I'm determined to get Alpha2 up today or tomorrow, preferably today so I've got more time to fix bugs tomorrow.

What this means to you is everything will be reset. Although I'll backup the skills you've learned so you don't have to start from scratch on that during testing.

There are probably still some things broken. And some things from Alpha1 won't be available right from the start (training is one example, it has to be reconnected). However we do have breeding and pedigrees working (including COI calculations as of this morning!).

I won't have the new artwork in yet, it's still in progress, so farms and pastures will be pretty dull, and you'll only have one pasture for now until I get the market place back online.

What I need to finish for today before I upload the changes is to finish the default starting farms, and implement the user invitation system (which is connected to starting farm creation and also necessary for Beta Testing). I'm still aiming to have Beta Testing open by the end of the month, although a number of set backs over the last 2 weeks have made that goal quite a bit harder but I'll still aiming for it regardless.

This weekend and the next few weeks will give me a better idea if it's possible or not.

Wish me luck and stay tuned :)
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Alpha2 and a Reset

Post by larissar »

Okay guys it's going to happen very very soon.

Within about an hour or two I'll be taking the site offline to backup the database and upload the new files.
Lots of little things still need fixing but at least they aren't major enough to stop me from uploading everything now.

Stay tuned!
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Oooh shiny. I will say that the site is too wide when used with W8's half-screen feature, which is an issue I've encountered with many sims. But everything looks great beyond that
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Lol, you've beat me here! I just finished fixing a couple bugs which appeared and I'm going to write up a big explanation next. By W8 I assume you are referring to Windows 8? I've actually never tried the site in the half screen feature even though I do use windows 8. I'll give this a try and see how it works out. The site *should* be responsive with the exception of the forum. It needs lots of work still.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Yes, Windows 8. I like to play videos while I game or browse, so I'm almost always in half-screen. I also have a large high-def screen, so viewing pages in full makes them feel uncomfortably wide.

EDIT: If you close the sidebar, everything fits better.
Morby
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Morby »

*happy flail*

I haven't been actively /playing/ lately, but I HAVE been completing courses. Finally finished the very last one this weekend and Nate tells me you're resetting for the Alpha. I screeched. XD

Terror and subsequent relief aside, YAY ALPHA GO LARISSA YAY YAY YAYAYAYAYAY.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 12:00 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:00 am