Your Breeding Programs

larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Your Breeding Programs

Post by larissar »

Since I haven't been able to work on the game much this week I've been stealing moments to play the game.

I have a bunch of changes I'm considerating which Ill write about later when I have more time but I wanted to see how many of you have breeding programs setup.

I'm on a mission to create an Exmoor. I've tried a bunch of techniques but so far my most promising method has been to cross a Shetland Pony with a Tarpan. I've got a foal who meets all the requirements for an Exmoor on the first try so now I'm crossing this foal back to Tarpans while still maintaining as much Exmoor physical resemblance as possible. I've also got a mare with good Exmoor coloration which I'm planning to cross with my first Exmoors to establish the correct coloration.

I've managed to create a couple Akhal-Tekes fairly easily and I'm half way towards creating a Norman which I need to get a Percheron. I'm pretty confident I can get the Norman on the first try or two.

Stat wise most of my horses are pretty crap so that will be my next focus after establishing a population.

Anyone else running a breeding program?
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Your Breeding Programs

Post by Argent »

I'm trying - with zero success - to breed a Mongolian as my first step toward producing a Thoroughbred and then a Lipizzan. I need to employ the breed eval system more heavily. Even so, I think I'll take a shortcut and use one of my custom horse credits to make a TB, which will cut my breed-creation time roughly in half when the game is live.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

don't give up yet on a Mongolian. I got one very easily after I made a fix on the cross breeding script either Thursday or Friday. Its on my testing version of the game though, not this version... at least I think.

The breed evaluation makes it much much easier.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

That's reassuring. Are you factoring in all three traits right now, or are we still just working on height?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

All three traits are factored in now. Sorry should have made a post about that.

Also I'm wrong. My Mongolian isn't on the testing version, he's on this version in my 'New Area' I think. His name is Mongle Boy and he's nearly of breedable age. If you want him I can get buying functional tomorrow night after this birthday party.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

I'm still going to try for one myself, but I would appreciate if you could send him my way. Are studs working?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Well let me know on Sunday night if you don't manage to create one and Ill send him to you.

Stud arent up yet but on the ToDoSoon list.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

If I interbreed horses that have the correct crossbreeding background to be a new breed, but the wrong traits, can I eventually get the new breed I'm going for?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Can you give me an example of a cross so I can better understand what you are asking?
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

My go to breeds: Arab and NA Barb.
I'm trying to create a WA Barb, but instead I get two Arab-NA Barb foals, a colt and a filly. If I breed these two together, can I produce a WA Barb based on their correct ancestry, assuming the traits are within range.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 5:29 am

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:29 am