Community Forum

Maximum Inventory

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Maximum Inventory

Post by Nate »

I maxed out my inventory with my not-clever idea I'd like to have it expanded or otherwise fixed so I can buy a Sorraia book. My Mongolian colt is three now ;D
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Maximum Inventory

Post by larissar »

Two options

1) I can make inventory a "purchase to increase" method

2) I can make inventory skill based "learn how to better manage large quantities of stuff"

3) Some combination of both?

#2 are easiest to implement and I can have it added in by tomorrow.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

The question is, at what point is an inventory maxed out? And will we be able to remove/sell things from it?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Argent wrote:The question is, at what point is an inventory maxed out?
Currently set at 100 items
Argent wrote: And will we be able to remove/sell things from it?
Yes, in the old game we even had player created stores so players could sell their items, but there was also a "Toss It" option. Those are scheduled to be added back in.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

So there may not be a need for expanding inventories, depending on what we can store there (though I've never encountered a game with an inventory limit until now). I'm guessing items will include breed books and tack, and maybe veterinary/farrier supplies. Most breeds won't require more than a couple dozen breed books, and you can toss those once you don't need it anymore; tack would most likely be applied to the horses and therefore not taking up space.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

The 100 limit isn't staying though. It will be lowered once the game is launched.

The intention has always been to have a limit on inventory with players expanding as necessary.
Many games I've played have had severely limited player inventories.... these aren't sim games mind you.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

I'm curious what the need is
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

My general rule is not to make anything unlimited. There is no reason too make things unlimited. I know it will be an adjustment for many players because so many sim games have typically been unlimited. I don't believe this is a good design as it encourages hording. Having limits in place encourages players to only keep what they need and pass on what they don't, and has an added bonus of keeping databases somewhat smaller.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

I get the database argument, but beyond that I see no reason to have a limit; I don't think the hording comment is valid. If you must, however, I'd take into account all the necessities that a player might have so you aren't frustrating/inconveniencing players. Will things stack, allowing players to have <100 types of items, or not, allowing only <100 items period? Will tack and other items be transferred directly from horse to horse, or will players be forced to clear out their inventory in order to remove and reassign things between crops of show horses? Will feed and hay take up inventory space -- will it be stacked?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Nothing has been decided as of yet. Inventories aren't what I'm working on right now.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 7:30 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:30 pm