Community Forum

St. Lawrence Competition

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

St. Lawrence Competition

Post by Woodstock »

Minimal Background Info
The St. Lawrence was one of three sub-types of the Canadian Horse. St. Lawrence disappeared by the late 1700s and are believed to be developed from Shire and Clydesdale crosses. They were most likely a popular export to New England, which bred large numbers of horses for Caribbean plantations. There Canadian Horse counterparts are most commonly black, bay or brown with the occasional chestnut. It is a heavier breed so was most likely good at driving and pulling heavy objects.

Competition
The main goal of this competition is to promote this breed and encourage other players to breed them as well to increase the gene pool. I am going to ask for a minimum of five entries so that this event can run cleanly and smoothly.

Prizes
First Place: $100,000
Second Place: $70,000
Third Place: $50,000
Fourth Place: $25,000
Fifth Place: $12,500

Time Span
This competition will run for the span of one month from the 16th of June to the 16th of July.
Horses will be put up for offers starting on the 15th from both this account and my side account Snoopy. Offers will start to be accepted on the 16th of June and will continue until everybody has their starter horses. Once offers have been accepted you can breed, compete, or do anything else except rehome or retire your originals.

Rules
All competitors can choose one of three options:

Option A: Two St. Lawrence Mares
Option B: One St. Lawrence Mare and One St. Lawrence Stallion
Option C: Already Pregnant St. Lawrence Mare

All horses will be a minimum 90% St. Lawrence. All horses will be listed for sale with the competitor’s name in the sale add since horses will be randomly assigned and sold via private sale on the 16th for an offer of $500.

From this point forth, each competitor can do exactly as they please with their pony but may not retire or rehome them. Any offspring the ponies produce however, may be retired or rehomed. Players are encouraged to train, breed, and compete their ponies

Competing
I will run affordable, breed specific competitions throughout the month as regularly as possible for a non-premium side account. I am thinking these five events as a starting point but if you have other options that you see as better then I am always open to suggestions.

Log Pull
Obstacle Driving
Marathon Driving
Dressage
Driven Dressage
Players are of course free to enter their horses into events other than the ones I run!

Breeding
Players are encouraged to breed their horses with either the studs I will make available to the public, or if option B or C was chosen, with their own stallions also. I will compile a list of available stallions here.

Scoring
At the end of the month I will tally up points and award prizes to the horses that are the most individually successful, this means you could win more than once.
The scoring will work as follows:

Competitive Points
Win - 9 points
Place - 6 Points
For example, a horse with a competition record of: 3 Wins, 4 Second Place and 5 Third Place, would score 81.

Title Points
Champion - 20 points
Grand Champion - 40 points
Master Champion - 60 points
Grand Master Champion - 80 points and so on.

World Record Points
Any world record broken, level 1-10, will receive 100 points.

Breeding Points
45k+GP foal - 15 points
50k+GP foal - 25 points
55k+GP foal - 35 points
60k+GP foal - 50 points
65k+GP foal - 65 points
All foals must be at least 90% pure St. Lawrence.

The Horses
I will be compiling a pasture or two of horses this coming week for you guys. I will put a link to the pasture(s) so you can see what you might be working with soon.

Already matured horses are in here, I have labelled them where with which option I am hoping for them to end up with: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/53123

I also have some foals to age up that are currently in here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/59556
Although will later be moved to here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/78634

Players Entered (Option Chosen)
1. Sunken Hill Stables (Option B)
2. Jacksonstorm stable (Option C)
3. Nightmare Moon (Option A)
4. Vallers (Option B)
5. Mora098 (Option A)
6. Stormchase Stables (Option C)
7. WichitaFeather (Option A)

Last but not least have fun and good luck!!
Last edited by Woodstock on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

Re: St. Lawrence Competition

Post by Woodstock »

Last edited by Woodstock on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jacksonstorm stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Jacksonstorm stables »

I'd like to enter with option c. How much is option c going to cost? Do I get the horse from you?
Jacksostorm stables
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

Woodstock wrote:
Minimal Background Info
The St. Lawrence was one of three sub-types of the Canadian Horse. St. Lawrence disappeared by the late 1700s and are believed to be developed from Shire and Clydesdale crosses. They were most likely a popular export to New England, which bred large numbers of horses for Caribbean plantations. There Canadian Horse counterparts are most commonly black, bay or brown with the occasional chestnut. It is a heavier breed so was most likely good at driving and pulling heavy objects.

Competition
The main goal of this competition is to promote this breed and encourage other players to breed them as well to increase the gene pool. I am going to ask for a minimum of five entries so that this event can run cleanly and smoothly.

Prizes
First Place: $100,000
Second Place: $70,000
Third Place: $50,000
Fourth Place: $25,000
Fifth Place: $12,500

Time Span
This competition will run for the span of one month from the 16th of June to the 16th of July.
Horses will be put up for offers starting on the 15th from both this account and my side account Snoopy. Offers will start to be accepted on the 16th of June and will continue until everybody has their starter horses. Once offers have been accepted you can breed, compete, or do anything else except rehome or retire your originals.

Rules
All competitors can choose one of three options:

Option A: Two St. Lawrence Mares
Option B: One St. Lawrence Mare and One St. Lawrence Stallion
Option C: Already Pregnant St. Lawrence Mare

All horses will be a minimum 90% St. Lawrence. All horses will be listed for sale with the competitor’s name in the sale add since horses will be randomly assigned and sold via private sale on the 16th for an offer of $500.

From this point forth, each competitor can do exactly as they please with their pony but may not retire or rehome them. Any offspring the ponies produce however, may be retired or rehomed. Players are encouraged to train, breed, and compete their ponies

Competing
I will run affordable, breed specific competitions throughout the month as regularly as possible for a non-premium side account. I am thinking these five events as a starting point but if you have other options that you see as better then I am always open to suggestions.

Log Pull
Obstacle Driving
Marathon Driving
Dressage
Driven Dressage
Players are of course free to enter their horses into events other than the ones I run!

Breeding
Players are encouraged to breed their horses with either the studs I will make available to the public, or if option B or C was chosen, with their own stallions also. I will compile a list of available stallions here.

Scoring
At the end of the month I will tally up points and award prizes to the horses that are the most individually successful, this means you could win more than once.
The scoring will work as follows:

Competitive Points
Win - 9 points
Place - 6 Points
For example, a horse with a competition record of: 3 Wins, 4 Second Place and 5 Third Place, would score 81.

Title Points
Champion - 20 points
Grand Champion - 40 points
Master Champion - 60 points
Grand Master Champion - 80 points and so on.

World Record Points
Any world record broken, level 1-10, will receive 100 points.

Breeding Points
45k+GP foal - 15 points
50k+GP foal - 25 points
55k+GP foal - 35 points
60k+GP foal - 50 points
65k+GP foal - 65 points
All foals must be at least 90% pure St. Lawrence.

The Horses
I will be compiling a pasture or two of horses this coming week for you guys. I will put a link to the pasture(s) so you can see what you might be working with soon.

Already matured horses are in here, I have labelled them where with which option I am hoping for them to end up with: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/53123

I also have some foals to age up that are currently in here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/59556
Although will later be moved to here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/78634

Players Entered (Option Chosen)
1. Sunken Hill Stables (Option B)

Last but not least have fun and good luck!!
sign me up

i want option e, two st lawrence stallions.....
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

Post by Woodstock »

Jacksonstorm stables wrote:I'd like to enter with option c. How much is option c going to cost? Do I get the horse from you?
Jacksostorm stables
Option C, which is one horse would cost $500 as stated above. Yes I am supplying the horses for the contest.
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

Post by Woodstock »

vallers wrote:
sign me up

i want option e, two st lawrence stallions.....
Unfortunately option e is not valid would you like to select and available one?
Nightmare Moon
Visit My Farm

Post by Nightmare Moon »

sign me up
option A please
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

Post by Woodstock »

Nightmare Moon wrote:sign me up
option A please
Got you in good luck.
mora098
Visit My Farm

Post by mora098 »

I'd like to enter with option A:)
Dressage,racing and brandenburgers breeder, contact me through the forum or PM if you need me :)
Jacksonstorm stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Jacksonstorm stables »

Ok thanks I'd like option c. Sign me up!!
:D :D :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 2:26 am

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:26 am