Community Forum

Course Length

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Course Length

Post by Argent »

Erm... Course times are suddenly much longer; from 1 minute to 1 hour or even 1 day? What's up?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Course Length

Post by larissar »

Courses were sped up a lot during alpha testing. I've put them back to their actual speeds and rebalanced their times since we had that issue with highwr-rank-lower-level courses being easier to study than lower-rank-higher-level courses.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

larissar wrote:Courses were sped up a lot during alpha testing.
Does this mean we're officially in beta...? XD
Looks like I'm going to have to redo my charts
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Very very very close :)

I'm going to fix the artwork for tails tonight, but otherwise anything else is just minor details that can be corrected during beta. I think there is a very high chance that I'll be opening the beta tonight.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

YAY!! Congrats :)
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

I'm trying to chart the time requirements for each level and difficulty. Can you tell me if I'm on the right track: I think I figured out that the 5th level takes twice as long as the 1st level, and the increment between levels is 25% of the first level; also, I think the gap between level 5 of one difficulty and level 1 of the next highest difficulty doubles each time.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

You are right that that level 5 is twice as long as level 1. The levels in between are an even distribution.
Argent wrote:and the increment between levels is 25% of the first level; also, I think the gap between level 5 of one difficulty and level 1 of the next highest difficulty doubles each time.
This part is less right. Although I can't tell you what the actual formula is because I accidentally forgot to save the excel file I used to determine all the values. Basically each level has a base time that is an equation based on the rank value (1 to 10) but it is not a linear increase. So the difference between L1 Rank 1 is not the same percentage as L1 Rank 2.

Also, when determining how long it would take to learn courses keep in mind that the time decreases as your player stats increase from leveling up. Leveling up isn't reactivated yet but will be soon.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

larissar wrote: So the difference between L1 Rank 1 is not the same percentage as L1 Rank 2.
I don't know what you mean.
larissar wrote: Also, when determining how long it would take to learn courses keep in mind that the time decreases as your player stats increase from leveling up. Leveling up isn't reactivated yet but will be soon.
I like to get the baseline first, so I know the absolute longest amount of time things will take.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Argent wrote:
larissar wrote: So the difference between L1 Rank 1 is not the same percentage as L1 Rank 2.
I don't know what you mean.
I'm bad at words. Let me try again.

The percentage difference in time between L1R1 and L1R2 is not the same as L1R2 and L1R3.
The percentage increases with each rank. So the difference is closer to exponential rather than liner.
Something like this:
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

If by level you mean the 1-5 and by rank you mean the 1-10, then I think we're talking about the same concept, but approaching it from different angles. You're looking at level 1 to level 1, I'm looking at level 5 to level 1. Between level 5 of rank 1 and level 1 of rank 2, there was an increase of 6 minutes; between L5-R2 and L1-R3 there was a 12 minute increase; between L5-R3 and L1-R4 there was a 24 minute increase, and between L5-R4 and L1-R5 there was a 24 minute increase (I extrapolated this out to get the values for higher ranks). So the time between level 1 of one rank to level 5 of the next highest doubles, but yes, the time between level 1 of one rank and level 1 of the next would increase on a different scale, the exponential scale you're talking about.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 9:05 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:05 pm