Community Forum

Arabian Breeding Association (ABA)

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
RandomArabian1919
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Arabian Breeding Association (ABA)

Post by RandomArabian1919 »

The Arabian Breeding Association(ABA)

The Arabian Breeding Association(ABA for short), is an Arabian breeding/breeder community created by me. In my eyes, I see it as we breed Arabs to make them popular once more, due to how 'common' they are in the game (as in they are seen as a 'lower ranking' horse). I believe however, that Arabians should be considered the best horse in the game, due to how ancient the breed is. Arabians have inspired me so much throughout my life, including my first riding horse, Aladdin, who was in fact, an Arab. The Arabian was also the first breed I ever knew about, too (and I'm sure the same goes for you). Arabians are actually used to make other breeds better, so wouldn't that make them the best? :lol: Jokes aside, that is really my true opinion on it. Other breeds wouldn't have the 'claim to fame' if the Arabian wasn't there to fix all their flaws. I guess what I'm really trying to say is that Arabians are my heart and soul.They have done so much for me in my life that I don't know how to repay them. Aladdin(my Arabian riding horse) taught me to move forward, and now I'm going to help his entire species to do the same, one step at a time. Uh oh, better stay away from all the emotienal and mushy stuff! :lol:

DOS AND DON'TS:
~Buying one of my horses and giving it a forever home :mrgreen: (ACCEPTABLE)
~Buying a horse from me and selling it for more than it was worth just to make a profit (UNACCEPTABLE)

Accounts That Have Resold Horses for More Than They Were Worth (or annoyed me and I will forever hold a grudge towards them):
~BearForever27- Bought a stallion from me for $1, kept it for a while, then sold it for $100 with barely any training or making it worth the new price.

Partners in Official ABA Breeding Society:
arthorse
LupinStorm
Black Diamond Eq
buzzy
Late_toffee

(if you would like to become a member please contact me through the forum and fill out the application below)

Member Application:

Username:
Number of Arabians Owned:
Breeding for: (colour, stats, just for fun, etc.)
Able to Dedicate to Project Often: (yes or no)
Willing to Breed Arabs at all Costs: (yes or no)
Rating on a Scale of 1-10(1 being the worst and 10 being the best), how helpful is the forum:
Any Suggestions or Questions:

Arabian Facts:

~ The Arabian or Arab horse is a breed of horse that originated on the Arabian Peninsula. With a distinctive head shape and high tail carriage, the Arabian is one of the most easily recognizable horse breeds in the world.
Other names: Arabian, Arab
Height: 4.8 – 5.1 ft. (Adult, At Shoulder)
Color: Bay, black, chestnut, or gray. Occasional dominant white, sabino, or rabicano patterns
Mass: 1,000 lbs (Adult)
Scientific name: Equus ferus caballus
Did you know: Their refined appearance is derived from a dished body, wedge-shaped head, large eyes and nostrils set against a small muzzle, arched neck, high tail carriage, and long, level croup.

~ Known for intelligence, courage, loyalty and a spirited yet gentle disposition, the Arabian breed has an amazing affinity for humans. For centuries the Bedouin people treated their horses as members of the family. The foals were raised with their children, and the mares sought shelter in their tents.

~ Arabian horses are a very hardy breed and can be expected to live a long natural lifespan of 25 to 30 years, similar to the general horse population. Some individual Arabians have been known to live well into their 40s.

~ Arabian horses are often rated as the most popular horse breed in the world. According to the breed standards that are published by the United States Equestrian Federation, Arabians will typically stand between 14.1 to 15.1 hands tall. That's about 57-61 inches in height, or about 145-155 centimeters.

~ Throughout history, Arabian horses have spread around the world by both war and trade, used to improve other breeds by adding speed, refinement, endurance, and strong bone. Today, Arabian bloodlines are found in almost every modern breed of riding horse.

Horses for Sale:
Any horses in this pasture are for sale: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/81488

Stallions at Stud:
Any horses in this stable are or will be up for stud: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/81707

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and make sure to contact me about any questions or suggestions! :D

(this forum WILL be edited later)
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Arabian Breeding Association (ABA)

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Some of my purebred Arabians are a bit tall and/or don't have 1 or 2 certain physical traits, but they are purebreds. You can look at them and see if they meet your requirements (some of the mares are pregnant): http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/85635

Username: PeacefulOreo (Wild Horse Ridge)
Number of Arabians Owned: 17 (one unborn which makes 18)
Breeding for: to breed fine purebred Arabian horses.
Able to Dedicate to Project Often: yes
What does "at all costs" refer to?
Rating on a Scale of 1-10(1 being the worst and 10 being the best), how helpful is the forum: 9
Any Suggestions or Questions: This is how I'm breeding my Arabians right now: the traits I'm looking for are light to very light body build, good body size, good body type, a short dished face, a mostly shallow jowl (a deeper jowl is also acceptable but all other requirements are to be met), short to sort of long neck length, sloping shoulders, thinner legs, and a sort of uphill croup height to about sort of downhill croup height. The color doesn't matter but the mare/stallion still needs to be a purebred and meets all of the requirements listed above. The height doesn't really matter either but, I would like the horse to be no shorter than 12.8 hands tall. Also, the Arabian must have at least 1 green/gold stat of any of the traits EXCEPT for Intelligence.

Even then, some of my Arabians don't even meet one or two of my standards.
Last edited by PeacefulOreo on Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOrse haven
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HOrse haven »

Username: HOrse Haven (yes that is typed right) :D
Number of Arabians Owned: 31
Breeding for: Stats and some fun colors and markings
Able to Dedicate to Project Often: yes
Willing to Breed Arabs at all Costs: yes
Rating on a Scale of 1-10(1 being the worst and 10 being the best), how helpful is the forum: 8
Any Suggestions or Questions: Not really, I have pretty high standards for my Arabians especially my Studs. Stallions need at least 5 Gold and 1 green to be kept and Mares need 3 Gold and 2 Green to be kept. I have kept a few for their colors and/or markings. I hope you are still doing this and I am not wasting my time! :D
buzzy
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by buzzy »

RandomArabian1919 wrote:The Arabian Breeding Association(ABA)

The Arabian Breeding Association(ABA for short), is an Arabian breeding/breeder community created by me. In my eyes, I see it as we breed Arabs to make them popular once more, due to how 'common' they are in the game (as in they are seen as a 'lower ranking' horse). I believe however, that Arabians should be considered the best horse in the game, due to how ancient the breed is. Arabians have inspired me so much throughout my life, including my first riding horse, Aladdin, who was in fact, an Arab. The Arabian was also the first breed I ever knew about, too (and I'm sure the same goes for you). Arabians are actually used to make other breeds better, so wouldn't that make them the best? :lol: Jokes aside, that is really my true opinion on it. Other breeds wouldn't have the 'claim to fame' if the Arabian wasn't there to fix all their flaws. I guess what I'm really trying to say is that Arabians are my heart and soul.They have done so much for me in my life that I don't know how to repay them. Aladdin(my Arabian riding horse) taught me to move forward, and now I'm going to help his entire species to do the same, one step at a time. Uh oh, better stay away from all the emotienal and mushy stuff! :lol:

DOS AND DON'TS:
~Buying one of my horses and giving it a forever home :mrgreen: (ACCEPTABLE)
~Buying a horse from me and selling it for more than it was worth just to make a profit (UNACCEPTABLE)

Accounts That Have Resold Horses for More Than They Were Worth (or annoyed me and I will forever hold a grudge towards them):
~BearForever27- Bought a stallion from me for $1, kept it for a while, then sold it for $100 with barely any training or making it worth the new price.

Partners in Official ABA Breeding Society:
arthorse
LupinStorm
Black Diamond Eq
buzzy
Late_toffee

(if you would like to become a member please contact me through the forum and fill out the application below)

Member Application:

Username:
Number of Arabians Owned:
Breeding for: (colour, stats, just for fun, etc.)
Able to Dedicate to Project Often: (yes or no)
Willing to Breed Arabs at all Costs: (yes or no)
Rating on a Scale of 1-10(1 being the worst and 10 being the best), how helpful is the forum:
Any Suggestions or Questions:

Arabian Facts:

~ The Arabian or Arab horse is a breed of horse that originated on the Arabian Peninsula. With a distinctive head shape and high tail carriage, the Arabian is one of the most easily recognizable horse breeds in the world.
Other names: Arabian, Arab
Height: 4.8 – 5.1 ft. (Adult, At Shoulder)
Color: Bay, black, chestnut, or gray. Occasional dominant white, sabino, or rabicano patterns
Mass: 1,000 lbs (Adult)
Scientific name: Equus ferus caballus
Did you know: Their refined appearance is derived from a dished body, wedge-shaped head, large eyes and nostrils set against a small muzzle, arched neck, high tail carriage, and long, level croup.

~ Known for intelligence, courage, loyalty and a spirited yet gentle disposition, the Arabian breed has an amazing affinity for humans. For centuries the Bedouin people treated their horses as members of the family. The foals were raised with their children, and the mares sought shelter in their tents.

~ Arabian horses are a very hardy breed and can be expected to live a long natural lifespan of 25 to 30 years, similar to the general horse population. Some individual Arabians have been known to live well into their 40s.

~ Arabian horses are often rated as the most popular horse breed in the world. According to the breed standards that are published by the United States Equestrian Federation, Arabians will typically stand between 14.1 to 15.1 hands tall. That's about 57-61 inches in height, or about 145-155 centimeters.

~ Throughout history, Arabian horses have spread around the world by both war and trade, used to improve other breeds by adding speed, refinement, endurance, and strong bone. Today, Arabian bloodlines are found in almost every modern breed of riding horse.

Horses for Sale:
Any horses in this pasture are for sale: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/81488

Stallions at Stud:
Any horses in this stable are or will be up for stud: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/81707

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and make sure to contact me about any questions or suggestions! :D

(this forum WILL be edited later)
Hey Random! Even Though I'm one of the first members, do you want me to fill out an application, or am I already accepted?
honeybunny
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by honeybunny »

RandomArabian1919 wrote:Ping!
Username: Honeybunny
Number of Arabians Owned: I have kinda lost count... but it is in the late 30s between my 2 accounts!
Breeding for: Correct arab conformation and lightness in the sport Arabian height (15-22.3 hands)
Able to Dedicate to Project Often: Yes, I am on almost every day.
Willing to Breed Arabs at all Costs: Yes, I am too far in to back out!
Rating on a Scale of 1-10(1 being the worst and 10 being the best), how helpful is the forum: 9 or 10! :D
Any Suggestions or Questions: My only suggestion would be to include the sport horse Arabians... they are purebred Arabians that are taller, but MUST retain the proper body % and have a *4 Arabian eval... with height being the only thing keeping them from a *5 eval! Feel free to look for my stud forum {GM} Arabian, Belgian, Lipizzaner and Spanish Norman studs! I have all my studs posted there!
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Katy_Kanes »

I don't breed them, but a different breed.

I'm going to have arabian mares up for sale often, all with (hopefully) good lineage!

So, if anyone's looking for some!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 23, 2024 12:13 pm

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:13 pm