Community Forum

Game Balancing

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Game Balancing

Post by larissar »

In preparation of fixing the item prices in the Market Stores I've gone through all the game balancing script and made adjustments. I intended to hold off and upload these changes until after I finished fixing the item prices but it was necessary to upload the changed file now as it also affect other aspects of the game related to gaining experience.

There was an issue with gaining experience in that once you hit level 20, Local Shows were awarding negative experience, because before the reset level 20 was the (incorrect) max player level. Now that the max player level is 90 the experience gain formula needed to be updated and this creates a domino effect of other formula updates, which all come down to item prices. I didn't anticipate the level 20 bug, but thankfully I did all the formula fixing and game balancing on Sunday so I had the file ready to upload this morning.

It hasn't gone through extensive testing yet, so please report any bugs you find.

You'll notice that all Player Courses will have different costs now. Many are lower but some higher Rank course are more expensive. You'll also notice that Local Shows may have different Entry Fees and Purses, same with purses in competitions, they'll have updated values now as well.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: Game Balancing

Post by Argent »

D: Must rework player course tables now
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent II »

As part of the game balancing, did you change the duration of local shows? I recall you saying you would make them 3hrs instead of 1hr.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Argent II wrote:As part of the game balancing, did you change the duration of local shows? I recall you saying you would make them 3hrs instead of 1hr.
Not yet, there are a couple other changes to Local Shows I'd like to make but I'll post once I get to that.
Argent wrote:D: Must rework player course tables now
If you tables include course learning times, then I should probably let you know that I'll be very soon adjusting the course times a bit too...
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

larissar wrote:If you tables include course learning times, then I should probably let you know that I'll be very soon adjusting the course times a bit too...
D; Why must you torture me
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

larissar wrote:You'll notice that all Player Courses will have different costs now. Many are lower but some higher Rank course are more expensive. You'll also notice that Local Shows may have different Entry Fees and Purses, same with purses in competitions, they'll have updated values now as well.
It looks like they're all more expensive. From my records, pre-update, completing a course series with a Difficulty of 1 cost $1820. Now it cost $4844. Based on the new data that I've been able to collect, all of the prices are higher, substantially so in the lower levels.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Argent wrote:
It looks like they're all more expensive. From my records, pre-update, completing a course series with a Difficulty of 1 cost $1820. Now it cost $4844. Based on the new data that I've been able to collect, all of the prices are higher, substantially so in the lower levels.
Maybe I was looking at out of date data on my spreadsheet. I'll look again and post here if I adjust it.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 5:35 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:35 am