That Moment When...

AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: That Moment When...

Post by AltNazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:
*tries not to laugh* .... *fails and dies of laughter* :oops: :lol:

I have done that before when I ad to mass Ping people and did copy and paste from a word document...so I guess the " when it is copy and pasted from word into here changes "Shape" and won't show up unless you go back and hand type in the "s. I completely sympathize with you Oak. :lol:

~ HOF 2
Is it bad that I've done that too?!?! :lol:

The mysteries of BBCode...

I do them separately now, write-up body texts sometimes in Word then copy and paste and finish up with quotes (if necessary) directly in the post.

There is one player (don't know if they're still playing yet), that every time they tried to put the quotations in, it kept doing a different font of quotations... something like ... well I don't have a font set I can copy and paste... but I did find an image online:
Okay, seriously way too big, but you get the idea.
And no matter what they did, it wouldn't give quotation marks like ours " " " " " " so the code wouldn't work for them! It was frustrating and funny at the same time... at least I assumed that was the reason, there didn't seem to be any other reason that it could have been...
don't know if it's just german, but these are german quotes - in front of the phrase they are down and after they are up ^^ maybe the program didn't think you wrote english?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

AltNazarach wrote:
don't know if it's just german, but these are german quotes - in front of the phrase they are down and after they are up ^^ maybe the program didn't think you wrote english?
That's certainly possible... and would make sense. There was nothing said about different languages that I recall.

This will date me a little, I know, but when I first started on pc's, the quotations marks started out just like you said 'german version'. I don't even have a font that displays them like that anymore... but I already said that.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote:
AltNazarach wrote:
That's certainly possible... and would make sense. There was nothing said about different languages that I recall.

This will date me a little, I know, but when I first started on pc's, the quotations marks started out just like you said 'german version'. I don't even have a font that displays them like that anymore... but I already said that.
That's certainly weird ^^'
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

AltNazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

That's certainly weird ^^'
:D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

That moment when, you're trying All Day to use codes in the forum, and you keep musing them up! :evil:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

BlackOak2 wrote:That moment when, you're trying All Day to use codes in the forum, and you keep musing them up! :evil:
I read your training forum post suggestion thing. I asked tom about it a while back and was told that they werent going to because public training is a grey area. The plan is to make it so you can use training tickets to use other peoples training skills on your horses eventually. They didn't forsee public training happening when they started the game.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

vallers wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:That moment when, you're trying All Day to use codes in the forum, and you keep musing them up! :evil:
I read your training forum post suggestion thing. I asked tom about it a while back and was told that they werent going to because public training is a grey area. The plan is to make it so you can use training tickets to use other peoples training skills on your horses eventually. They didn't forsee public training happening when they started the game.
I remember reading them not seeing it as a possibility. Things could certainly change, especially if they put in the ability to train multiple horses at once, so we're not restricted to so many limited hours in a day to use in so many limited training regimes.

But, it is just a suggestion. Forum changes should be relatively easy, but I can also see why they might not want to add it, especially if it's heading to the wayside with future training abilities.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

That moment when...

You intend to hit the quote button, but constantly hit the report or edit button instead. :|
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

BlackOak2 wrote:That moment when...

You intend to hit the quote button, but constantly hit the report or edit button instead. :|
I do things similar to that daily too!
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

That moment when... you run out of turns...

1. patiently go through and enter all suitable horses in relevant comp's while you're waiting for 1 more turn

10 minutes later, you finally earn a single turn, only to not earn another (thanks, grinder...)

2. Scroll through the forum in the hopes that someone has posted something new since you looked last time

Eventually, another turn arrives. Perhaps this time you earn one more turn, but that's it.

3. go through the market (and buy horses that you really don't need)
4. go through the top horses section, take another look at the forum.. and it goes on... and on....

When all you want to do is get another 4 turns so your foals will be born....

(and by now, i should have another turn...hopefully!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 1:28 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:28 am