Community Forum

Images Offline Temporarily

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Images Offline Temporarily

Post by larissar »

Just a heads up to everyone that the image renderer script will be offline for a little while this morning so if you're newly adopted horses, and new foals have no images, or horses randomly lose their images, you'll know why. The renderer will play catchup as soon as it comes back online.

Also, I've made some adjustments to the breeding script to expand on crosses possible. Now you have the ability to use Mixes in place of purebred in specific crosses such as the Akhal-Teke. For example, the Teke is Arabian x Turkemen; now you can use two Arabian x Turkmene cross to create a Teke. I haven't tested the function fully as I don't have two Arab/Turk crosses to breed together. I'm working towards this but if anyone has a suitable cross to test with let me know.
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: Images Offline Temporarily

Post by Nate »

That sounds like it will only really affect the new breeds that are created by breeding two purebreds together. Those horses that have three or four breeds in their makeup are not impacted by this change, right?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Nate wrote:That sounds like it will only really affect the new breeds that are created by breeding two purebreds together. Those horses that have three or four breeds in their makeup are not impacted by this change, right?
Correct, it's only for breeds which have less than 3 different breeds in their makeup.
I'll write up a better explanation tonight.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Does the game store enough breed data to allow (A x B) x C or (A x B) x (C x D) crosses to benefit as well?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Argent wrote:Does the game store enough breed data to allow (A x B) x C or (A x B) x (C x D) crosses to benefit as well?
No, it only stores 2 breeds per horse, and it records the percentage of the primary breed. But that is all. I may expand it in the future but it's not high priority.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 8:36 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:36 am