Community Forum

WIN $1million *Judging Complete*

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Re: WIN $1million - May 1st-June1st

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Royale wrote:Is there any chance of this being extended? would love to enter, but dont have time.. if not, i'll still post my story when i do it if thats okay (not looking for the money, just love to join.) :)
I will be extending it until June 5th. And judging will be delayed since my work schedule has picked up.
Royale
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
Royale wrote:Is there any chance of this being extended? would love to enter, but dont have time.. if not, i'll still post my story when i do it if thats okay (not looking for the money, just love to join.) :)
I will be extending it until June 5th. And judging will be delayed since my work schedule has picked up.
:D great
h a z e l 3
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l 3 »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
_h a z e l 3_ wrote:Would I be able to enter today, or is it too late :?
Okay, thank you for letting me know! :)
Leopard Horse
Visit My Farm

Re: WIN $1million - May 1st-June 5th

Post by Leopard Horse »

Your Name:
Genre: Fantasy/Action
Your Story: Supergirl The New Visitor

I walked to Mrs. Grants office to apply for my job, and the second I stepped into the office I knew that this woman was serious, so I spoke to her in a presentable tone. “Hi Mrs. Grant.” She looked at me like she knew all of my deepest darkest secrets. “I told them not to send me anymore millennials! So you might as well tell me why you are so special.” I looked at her in disbelief but she did not see me. “I’m not. I’m not special, I have average hearing, average strength, less than average vision because ya know my glasses.” “Alright we get it we get it. So why do you think that you would be useful to me?” “Well I could… (I used my X-ray vision to look under her papers) go pick up your prescriptions for you at the pharmacy, (I used my X-ray vision to look into her pen) I think your pen is out of ink.” She looks at me with a peculiar look, “No its not.” Cat picks up the pen and tries to scribble on a piece of paper, “Well that it is.” she looks at me again this time with a more threatening look “Your hired!” “Well that is great, when would you like me to get to work?” “Tomorrow that would be fine.”

Days and months pass, I have announced myself to the world as Supergirl by now and have been Cat’s assistant for 1 year. James and Wen know my secret about me being Supergirl, and Wen even got asked to join the DEO. Cat thought I was Supergirl once but I did not let her know that it was true. I have a part time job at the DEO working with my adopted sister, Alex, fighting crime…

That was a year ago. Today is a new day and every new day starts with a bank robbery, this morning it is on 20th street, which is unusual. I am pretty fast so I rush out of bed and put on my S. I fly out of the window through town and to the bank. I got their in about a matter of 5 seconds. The robbers were inside but like always I get them out without a scratch. Like most mornings after a robbery I will stop by a coffee shop called Nunnens, then fly to the DEO. I am off today at CatCo so I can spend my time being Supergirl. My phone rings in my pocket.

“Hi Alex!” “Oh hi Sis you got to the bank?” “Yep I got there.” “Well that’s good.” “Hey Alex want to have dinner at my place tonight?” “Sure, what time?” “How about 7?” “Ok I will be there.” Wen shouts from his desk in the back of the room, “Can I come?” I tell Alex to tell him that he can come. “Oh Alex tell John that he is welcome to come to.” Alex responds in a focused kind of tone, “Ok I will tell him, or he will find out because he is a psychic.” “Ok Alex I gotta go, bye sis.” “Bye.”

Later that night we were all having steak and fries at my place when we all see something bright shine through the window. The object was very bright it was glowing like fire so bright that we felt like if we were to touch it we would incinerate. I look at everyone in the room, I have to stop this before it hurts someone.”

I unbutton my shirt and under my shirt is my Supergirl suit. I fly out of the window of my loft and fly up to the burning object. “OMG it's a Kryptonian pod!” I fly after it and stop it before it hearts people. I fly up to the burning object a blue light almost like fire but way hotter bursts out of the jets in the back. I pull my hand back in shock and surprise. “Ow, I almost got it… almost!” The pod crashes into a grassy field nearby. I land by the pod. I walk up to it to go yank off the top.I don't know what’s in there so I have to be careful. I yanked the top of the pod off, “Oh my gosh.”...
To be continued...

-Leopard Horse

I hope you guys like it, I wrote this for school at one point, and I though I would share it with y'all!
Enjoy!!!
Lila25172
Visit My Farm

Post by Lila25172 »

[quote="Leopard Horse"]Your Name:
Genre: Fantasy/Action
Your Story: Supergirl The New Visitor

I walked to Mrs. Grants office to apply for my job, and the second I stepped into the office I knew that this woman was serious, so I spoke to her in a presentable tone. “Hi Mrs. Grant.” She looked at me like she knew all of my deepest darkest secrets. “I told them not to send me anymore millennials! So you might as well tell me why you are so special.” I looked at her in disbelief but she did not see me. “I’m not. I’m not special, I have average hearing, average strength, less than average vision because ya know my glasses.” “Alright we get it we get it. So why do you think that you would be useful to me?” “Well I could… (I used my X-ray vision to look under her papers) go pick up your prescriptions for you at the pharmacy, (I used my X-ray vision to look into her pen) I think your pen is out of ink.” She looks at me with a peculiar look, “No its not.” Cat picks up the pen and tries to scribble on a piece of paper, “Well that it is.” she looks at me again this time with a more threatening look “Your hired!” “Well that is great, when would you like me to get to work?” “Tomorrow that would be fine.”

Days and months pass, I have announced myself to the world as Supergirl by now and have been Cat’s assistant for 1 year. James and Wen know my secret about me being Supergirl, and Wen even got asked to join the DEO. Cat thought I was Supergirl once but I did not let her know that it was true. I have a part time job at the DEO working with my adopted sister, Alex, fighting crime…

That was a year ago. Today is a new day and every new day starts with a bank robbery, this morning it is on 20th street, which is unusual. I am pretty fast so I rush out of bed and put on my S. I fly out of the window through town and to the bank. I got their in about a matter of 5 seconds. The robbers were inside but like always I get them out without a scratch. Like most mornings after a robbery I will stop by a coffee shop called Nunnens, then fly to the DEO. I am off today at CatCo so I can spend my time being Supergirl. My phone rings in my pocket.

“Hi Alex!” “Oh hi Sis you got to the bank?” “Yep I got there.” “Well that’s good.” “Hey Alex want to have dinner at my place tonight?” “Sure, what time?” “How about 7?” “Ok I will be there.” Wen shouts from his desk in the back of the room, “Can I come?” I tell Alex to tell him that he can come. “Oh Alex tell John that he is welcome to come to.” Alex responds in a focused kind of tone, “Ok I will tell him, or he will find out because he is a psychic.” “Ok Alex I gotta go, bye sis.” “Bye.”

Later that night we were all having steak and fries at my place when we all see something bright shine through the window. The object was very bright it was glowing like fire so bright that we felt like if we were to touch it we would incinerate. I look at everyone in the room, I have to stop this before it hurts someone.”

I unbutton my shirt and under my shirt is my Supergirl suit. I fly out of the window of my loft and fly up to the burning object. “OMG it's a Kryptonian pod!” I fly after it and stop it before it [b]hearts[/b] people. I fly up to the burning object a blue light almost like fire but way hotter bursts out of the jets in the back. I pull my hand back in shock and surprise. “Ow, I almost got it… almost!” The pod crashes into a grassy field nearby. I land by the pod. I walk up to it to go yank off the top.I don't know what’s in there so I have to be careful. I yanked the top of the pod off, “Oh my gosh.”...
To be continued...

-Leopard Horse

I hope you guys like it, I wrote this for school at one point, and I though I would share it with y'all!
Enjoy!!![/quote]

This may sound rude or mean, but you have a mistake somewhere in your story. Everyone makes mistakes.....
RoyalCrownAcres
Visit My Farm

Post by RoyalCrownAcres »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:Ping a Ling
Not a horse story, but I entered this in a school writing contest and sadly, the word count was 6 over to qualify. Hope you enjoy!

Also, if this doesn’t comply with the rules let me know and I’ll take it down. It vaguely references past violence. But seeing as it was acceptable in school I’m assuming it will be okay!

Name: RoyalCrownAcres
Genre: realistic Fiction
Story Name: Lost from the Ocean

Your ragged cloak snaps back and forth in the violent ocean win. The few trees in the area threaten to snap and topple over. Heavy rain slashes across your face like knives as you gaze down at the small, seawater stained house below you. Just glancing at the house for a fraction of a second brings back an overwhelming flood of memories from your childhood that almost knocks you off your very shaky feet. You miss the feeling of safety the house provided. You hear a stray seagull call loudly from the other end of the beach, drawing you from your brief thought and reminding you that you came here with a purpose. To see everything you were forced to leave behind that fateful night 7 years ago.
You still don’t know how you managed to escape your captors. All you remember is running wildly and swiftly down a dark, maze-like, and seemingly endless series of hallways. You had been listening to the people who held you there for months trying to figure out which hallways you needed to use to get out of the wretched place. Once you finally cracked the code, you left as soon as you had an opportunity. When you finally managed to reach the end and make your way out, you wondered from place to place for weeks, possibly even months. Now, after so much turmoil and hardship, you have finally found a way home. All you can do is hope that your mother will still be here.
You begin to climb down the steep cliff, using the path you had discovered when you had just turned eight. It leads down the side through brush and is the safest way down. As you walk towards the house, flashbacks of that terrible day dance before your eyes, threading to make you turn around and run far, far away. You allow yourself 3 seconds to stop so you can close down the horrid memories and shove them into the deepest, darkest corner of your mind. You look up. The gray, thundering sky looms overhead, filling you with a sense of dread. You force yourself to walk onward, however, and before you know it the red, sun bleached door stands before you. Your bruised, scared hand raises to the door, but you hesitate to knock. What if she did move out? you wonder. What if she doesn’t recognize me? What if...
Your thoughts are abruptly interrupted by the sound of the door opening. A woman with bright blue eyes, mousy red hair, and freckles steps out. She has a frail frame that makes her look like she should be tumbling away in the harsh rain and wind. The rain speckles her wide rimmed glasses, even though a patchy cloth portico covers both of your heads. The woman stands stock still, as if she thinks moving will startle you away. She opens her mouth to say something, but no words come out. Tears begin to stream down her face, staining her pink cheeks.
“Mom?” You croak, your tears mixing with the rain streaming down your face. The woman, your mother, shakily nods her head and embraces you.
“I can’t believe it’s really you!” She whispers, her voice muffles and shaky, “It’s been so long.”
Your mother continues to hug you tightly, like she’s afraid if she lets you go you will disappear again. But you don’t mind, because you don’t want to let her go either. You have finally made it back home, and your mother is here. That’s all that matters. No more wandering the streets and hiding. No more fearing that every person you pass is going to jeopardize your mission. The only thing you have to look forward to is unconditional love from your mother. It’s a good thing that that is all you have wanted for the past 7 years.
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Re: WIN $1million *Judging Complete*

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

First of all,

All of your stories were wonderful and I loved reading them all. I encourage all of you to continue writing and sharing your creative thoughts, inspirations, and imagination. It was hard for me to choose only 3 winners from this batch of stories, but I just wanted to let you all know you did a wonderful job and I can see a lot of you guys perhaps becoming future authors!

Now for the winners:
RoyalCrownAcres wrote:1st Place: $1,000,000
Story’s Title: Lost from the Ocean
Feedback: This story was extremely touching to me, hit me right in the heart. Beautifully written and love the idea and the way you chose to tell the story.
Please link me me a rehomble horse:
walnut the hamster wrote:2nd Place: $500,000
Story’s Title: My Path To Freedom
Feedback: I really liked this story as well, brings out how awful it is to cage such a big, loyal, innocent animal for our enjoyment, although it was sad the ending really concluded the story well. Great job!
Mars2moon wrote:3rd Place: $150,000
Story’s Title: The Shadows Behind Us
Feedback: First of all, I love this! I follow a couple of Facebook groups that track Wild Mustang Herds and this story was very well written and I loved how it was told from the mare's perspective.
CONGRATULATIONS WINNERS, I hope you all enjoyed this!

Also, for whoever participated and sees this please give me feed back to this question:

Should I hold another contest like this? And what should I do different about it?

Thank you again for participating and happy writing!
~ HOF 2
Last edited by HallOfFame 2 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RoyalCrownAcres
Visit My Farm

Post by RoyalCrownAcres »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:First of all,

All of your stories were wonderful and I loved reading them all. I encourage all of you to continue writing and sharing your creative thoughts, inspirations, and imagination. It was hard for me to choose only 3 winners from this batch of stories, but I just wanted to let you all know you did a wonderful job and I can see a lot of you guys perhaps becoming future authors!

Now for the winners:
Feedback: This story was extremely touching to me, hit me right in the heart. Beautifully written and love the idea and the way you chose to tell the story.
Feedback: I really liked this story as well, brings out how awful it is to cage such a big, loyal, innocent animal for our enjoyment, although it was sad the ending really concluded the story well. Great job!
Feedback: First of all, I love this! I follow a couple of Facebook groups that track Wild Mustang Herds and this story was very well written and I loved how it was told from the mare's perspective.

Also, for whoever participated and sees this please give me feed back to this question:

Should I hold another contest like this?

Yes or No

~ HOF 2

Thank you so much for choosing me! I really appreciate it! I definitely think you should host more contest like this. I really enjoy writing and sharing my stories.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1948320
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

RoyalCrownAcres wrote:

Now for the winners:

Should I hold another contest like this?

Yes or No

~ HOF 2

Thank you so much for choosing me! I really appreciate it! I definitely think you should host more contest like this. I really enjoy writing and sharing my stories.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1948320
You are very welcome and thank you for the feedback! I will offer on the horse now.

~ HOF 2
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Now for the winners:

Should I hold another contest like this? And what should I do different about it?

~ HOF 2
I enjoyed this contest and you should do it again. The only thing I would change is see if anyone wants feedback on their story and then if they want to, you could send them feedback, maybe?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 6:24 pm

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:24 pm