Community Forum

Paint Horses

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Kinleigh
Visit My Farm

Paint Horses

Post by Kinleigh »

Hello! I am starting the long and daunting task to the paint horse. Here is everything you need to get there. It will take me a while, if anyone wants to partner up on this goal I would be happy to arrange a partnership of some kind. This ironically also includes the path to the quarter horse, so maybe one of us could do QH and the other could do paints or something. Anywho I will add some more information about the breed later but I'm a little sleepy. I want to create my own line of Paints so I'll be using completely original horses to do so!

Paint
[Przewalski Horse X Tarpan] X [Tarpan] = Mongolian
[Arabian X North African Barb] X [North African Barb X Forest Horse] = West African Barb
[Tarpan X Mongolian] X [Tarpan X West African Barb] = Sorraia
[West African Barb X Sorraia] = Carthusian
[Sorraia X Carthusian] X [Sorraia X West African Barb] = Andalusian
[Przewalski Horse X Tarpan] = Exmoor Pony
[Forest Horse] X [Arabian X Andalusian] = Friesian
[Exmoor Pony] X [Exmoor Pony X Friesian] = Galloway
[Arabian X Turkemene] = Akahl Teke
[Arabian X North African Barb] X [Akahl Teke X Galloway] = Thoroughbred
[Arabian x Sorraia] X [North African Barb] = Spanish Jennet
[Spanish Jennet X West African Barb] X [Andalusian X West African Barb] = Spanish Barb
[Spanish Jennet X Sorraia] X [Spanish Barb X Thoroughbred] =Chickasaw
[Thoroughbred X Chickasaw] X [Arabian X Andalusian] = Quarter Horse
[Spanish Barb X Quarter Horse] = Paint

Kinleigh
asm179
Visit My Farm

Re: Paint Horses

Post by asm179 »

we have some required breeds in common. I am trying to get a Paso Fino horse. Maybe we could help each other out!!
Skyfall Equestrian
Visit My Farm

Post by Skyfall Equestrian »

I am very interested, I am still trying to figure out the game though. Is there anywhere we could partner up or I guess I don't know where to start.
Kinleigh
Visit My Farm

Post by Kinleigh »

Getting started on Mongolians. Wish me luck!
Emm
Visit My Farm

Post by Emm »

I'm actually trying to breed QH right now. I am glad to help you with anything, a partnership would be great!
Kinleigh
Visit My Farm

Post by Kinleigh »

That sounds awesome! I am kinda confused about the breeding so I'm working on it, but let me know what you need!
GypsyV
Visit My Farm

Post by GypsyV »

Ill be joining you shortly. Trying to get a start on another breed aswell.
Haze Farms
Visit My Farm

Post by Haze Farms »

All my paints are coming out as QH x SB crosses :( Im starting to wonder if Paints exist... lol. I know theyre out there!!
Avrielle
Visit My Farm

Post by Avrielle »

At the moment I am attempting Paints in order to reach Pintabians. Unfortunately getting a hold of purebred Quarter Horse fillies took quite a while, and now that I finally have two I am waiting for them to become of breeding age. If I am lucky enough to produce any Paints I will be more than happy to let the Paint community have them or have access to any studs if they do not work for my Pintabian project. :)
Haze Farms
Visit My Farm

Post by Haze Farms »

Oh nice, yea I noticed there weren't any of those yet. I was trying to find a paint in existence but that didnt work.

I have the spanish barbs but not my own QH's so im trying to use the studs available but getting nothing but crosses. Im still trying though! :)
Thats great thanks :) I know i have 2 arabians I dont think I need any longer if they would be of any assistance let me know :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 7:15 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:15 pm