Community Forum

Competitions with good reward

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
HorzeLover101
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Competitions with good reward

Post by HorzeLover101 »

Sawd10 wrote:
Okay, no problem! I wasn't saying it in any mean way. :)
I am just trying to enter some of mine as well because I am not necessarily in for the money, the money is bonus and nice but I am really entering to see what comps they are good at against people (because I have had horses that there comps vary when entered in comps against others) who I want to keep, etc. I'm just wondering if you couldn't enter as many horses so that I could enter a few? :)
Have a nice day!
-Sawd10
Its all good. I was just stating where i was coming from.
I am enter all my stock as they are my breeding eras. I will rehomed/age out the horses so they wont be in the race by the time it runs - So that also eliminates some of the horses i entered as well.
I only have 2 pastures (12 mares) im breed. A few trained ones and about 6-12 stallions ive entered
ℬᏟᏕℛ - Black Creek Stables Rescue
Famous Racing Belgian Breeder
Owner Of FIR Club
Legendary Trainer & Comp'er For Players
***14 Days For Pick Up - After That They Will Be Auctioned Off***

HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

HorzeLover101 wrote:
Sawd10 wrote: Comp

AGh, LOL everyone is entering so many horses that I can't enter!! :|
Everyone that is complaining im entering too many horses.
I want to let you know.
First = The entry fee is $1.... which means you wont loose much.
Second = Im not here for the money - So people i will forfeit my earnings if they get any position.
Third = I am entering them to see how well they do against others that are being bred. So i can see how my breeding stock is doing.
Thank You!!
None of us meant it that way. I think we just wanted to be able to enter and be a part of it as well since Uralym pinged us about it as well.

~ HOF 2
HorzeLover101
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by HorzeLover101 »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
None of us meant it that way. I think we just wanted to be able to enter and be a part of it as well since Uralym pinged us about it as well.

~ HOF 2
Its all good. I was just stating where i was at.
As you could of still participated. If you and Sawd10 would of enter some of my horses wouldnt of even placed probably. I need you guys to enter some of yours to see how mine are amoung yours. and vice versa.
Again as i mentioned. I would forfeit all earnings that i got.
With that being said i will split it between you two.
HOF Gets 50k
Sawd10 Gets 50k
Owner Of FIR Club

HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

HorzeLover101 wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:

~ HOF 2
As you could of still participated. If you and Sawd10 would of enter some of my horses wouldnt of even placed probably. I need you guys to enter some of yours to see how mine are amoung yours. and vice versa.
I am not at all complaining about the earnings LOL. But I believe the issue is that we would like to compete as well. And if the competition is posted and one enters in 20 horses off the bat, then the competition runs right away. Thus making it so that the others (who might get the message later) no chance to enter. I hope this makes sense.

~ HOF 2
HorzeLover101
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by HorzeLover101 »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
HorzeLover101 wrote:
I am not at all complaining about the earnings LOL. But I believe the issue is that we would like to compete as well. And if the competition is posted and one enters in 20 horses off the bat, then the competition runs right away. Thus making it so that the others (who might get the message later) no chance to enter. I hope this makes sense.

~ HOF 2
Ohhh i see... didnt know it was a 24 hr comp. i thought it would run in a few days after she created it.
Owner Of FIR Club

HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

HorzeLover101 wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:

~ HOF 2
Ohhh i see... didnt know it was a 24 hr comp. i thought it would run in a few days after she created it.
No worries! Just for future reference, a competition needs at least 5 entrants to run for the posted date of judgement. But if there are 20 or more entries, the competition will run right away. Hope that cleared this all up.

~ HOF 2
HorzeLover101
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by HorzeLover101 »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
HorzeLover101 wrote:
No worries! Just for future reference, a competition needs at least 5 entrants to run for the posted date of judgement. But if there are 20 or more entries, the competition will run right away. Hope that cleared this all up.

~ HOF 2
Oh. I never knew if it had 20 or more it would run automatically before the date it is supposed to run O.o My bad!!! I've been competing for years and never knew that. haha Now i feel a little dumb! xD Thanks for letting me know.

And it looks like it just so happened that i entered exactly 20 O.o
Owner Of FIR Club

HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

HorzeLover101 wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:

~ HOF 2
Oh. I never knew if it had 20 or more it would run automatically before the date it is supposed to run O.o My bad!!! I've been competing for years and never knew that. haha Now i feel a little dumb! xD Thanks for letting me know.

And it looks like it just so happened that i entered exactly 20 O.o
LOL, no worries. Glad I was able to clear things up and inform you. Best of luck competing!

~ HOF 2
Uralym
Visit My Farm

Post by Uralym »

walnut the hamster wrote:Ping!
Lion Pride Arabians wrote:Ping!
Sawd10 wrote:Ping!
Jmills wrote:Ping!
HorzeLover101 wrote:Ping!
HallOfFame 2 wrote:Ping!
Katy_Kanes wrote:Ping!
Ok, sorry for being a bit late for the discussion (different time zones) - it seems I missed everything. I see that the competition once again had run before the planned date due to too many entries. The same reason why I had already asked sometime earlier about limiting the number of horses entered by one player. Just for some common courtesy, so that everyone would have a chance to enter. :) How does "4 horses per player" sound to you? Should it be less or more?

Looking forward to see your opinions and meanwhile posting the new event. This time I chose it myself since the previous one ended quite unexpectedly. The discipline will be Western Pleasure, which can only accept one horse per account, so hopefully, everyone will have the time to enter.

The new competition has been hosted!
Also updated the link in the first post))
Good luck everybody!)[/quote]
Uralym
Visit My Farm

Post by Uralym »

HorzeLover101 wrote: Everyone that is complaining im entering too many horses.
I want to let you know.
First = The entry fee is $1.... which means you wont loose much.
Second = Im not here for the money - So people i will forfeit my earnings if they get any position.
Third = I am entering them to see how well they do against others that are being bred. So i can see how my breeding stock is doing.
Thank You!!
Hey, HorzeLover101, I totally understand your point, entering competitions is a great way to compare your horses within your herd and to others too. If you wish I could host another breed specific event with $1 entry fee but without starting purse, with daily recurrence, for you (and everyone else too of course :)) to compare your horses. That way you'll be able to find out which horses are better, while this "Higher reward" comps will be left for the best ones.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 1:17 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:17 pm