Community Forum

The Great Reset

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

The Great Reset

Post by larissar »

I have reached the point where I can't think of anything major which still has to be done before the game opens. There are a couple minor things I'm working on (Terms of Service writing, game Maintenance Mode testing, etc.) So unless someone can remind me of something major which absolutely has to be done before the game resets/opens then I am going to be resetting the game this week.
The Game Will Reset Sometime Between Today and Friday.
We'll have a couple days of playing to make sure the reset went ok, and then the game will open for real.

It is important to remember that the game is not finished, it will likely take a year or more to finish every feature I have planned (there are a lot!). But there is no reason to not enjoy the game as it is now, and release the new features/changes on a timely schedule. Shortly I will be posting a new Development Roadmap that will detail which features are coming up next so you'll always know what is being worked on.

What Will Be Reset?
Your account will not be deleted, but your money and pony tokens will be reset to starting values
All horses will be deleted
All course learning will be deleted
All account upgrades and player bonuses will be deleted
All farms/barns/pastures will be deleted
All competitions and rankings will be deleted
All inventories will be emptied and inventory size will be reset

In short, it will be as if you are starting over completely from scratch.

If you have any favourite horses, now is the time to save a photo of them
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

Re: The Great Reset

Post by Ms. Trouble Maker »

Noooo my horses!! lol And all my feathered friends. lol yep I'm saving pics for future reference.

Although I am excited to see what new features will be added :)
Kentela
Visit My Farm

Post by Kentela »

Will the forums also be reset? At least for things like Stallions for Stud and Horses for Sale?
Nikolaevna
Visit My Farm

Post by Nikolaevna »

The only pending bug I have is the Firefox one. Confirmed by Nate. Won't be an issue after reset as we'll be back to minimal horses but as we build back up and we'll have THOUSANDS of new players and a decent amount will be using Firefox it will need fixed eventually. Hopefully it can be. Here's the link to it:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... f=4&t=1916

Bring on The Great Reset! :mrgreen:
Hazel
Visit My Farm

Post by Hazel »

Out of curiosity, will features like feeding be implemented before going ahead? I just remember a whole lot of things from early testing that aren't implemented right now that feel like they should be.
One: probability is a factor which operates within natural forces. Two, probability is not operating as a factor. Three, we are now within un-, sub- or supernatural forces. Discuss.<br><br>
Come join me in chat! :D
Golden Lotus Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Golden Lotus Stables »

@Hazel good point, just wondering if feeding feature will be added now, will also all images of the horses filtered through and not left blank. I have come across when you buy horses from other players pictures show up but not from actual market purchase. Nor do the pictures show up on actual horse page and when you click+ it opens new tab and horse does show up but is out of proportion. I am also thrilled to find out after reset all new features that have been added. Great work Larissar
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

And yes forgot about the feeding...I know you guys are working on the fitness of the horse and no one wants a thin sickly looking gross horse. lol I watched the youtube video and it was awesome!!! :D
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

If you unlock injuries, we're going to need vet and farrier services, which would either require a temp provider, or adding back the vet and farrier courses.

You mentioned altering pastures to allow more horses, as well.

Discipline skills were also mentioned, and should probably be high on the to do list.

And you mentioned a purpose for the 11th level of competition skill.

Having KS and PP rewards ready to roll out would be great. Having badges (alpha, beta, backers) made up and assigned would be the minimum im, because shiny. I know you said you'd do customs by hand, and we don't yet have white patterns so that can't be done right now. The tack sets, quarter marks and decorations, and custom item rewards could probably be added too, depending on how long the art takes. And you know I'd really love to have the foal adoption customizer in place :)

OH! And PLEASE add the farm age counter before reset. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE <3 <3 <3
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

I'm excited for the reset! Gives me a chance to start over with what I want to do now...Although when there's patterns added then I'll be experimenting all over again. Can't make up my mind! lol Love this game!!
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

All of the things mentioned will be coming very shortly after the reset. None of them prevent the game from _functioning_ even if they are greatly desired. Bug fixing will be the first priority, shortly followed by the KickStarter rewards. I'm going to be updating the Development Roadmap to detail exactly which features are coming and in which order. This should hopefully answer most questions.

In a perfect world I would get all this done before opening, but that would mean delaying opening by months.
What I'm looking for is problems that actually prevent players from playing the game. Of the bugs reported I don't believe any of them are major. If there are unreported bugs then please let me know about them so I can fix them.

Farm Age: This is already counting, even if it's not displayed.

Badges: I've got a list of who gets what, and even without artwork ready, these will be in soon.

Feeding: This will be added very shortly. The code has already been in place for sometime however the only feed available is the grass in the pastures (and invisible grass in the barns ha ha).
Golden Lotus Stables wrote:will also all images of the horses filtered through and not left blank. I have come across when you buy horses from other players pictures show up but not from actual market purchase. Nor do the pictures show up on actual horse page and when you click+ it opens new tab and horse does show up but is out of proportion.
I was not aware of this problem. Can you link me to a horse who's image does not appear? What browser and operating system are you using?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 1:36 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:36 pm