Community Forum

Training

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
plantan
Visit My Farm

Training

Post by plantan »

I think it would be cool if the foals you breed get better "stats" if the parents have good "stats". Like in Howrse; if you train your horses your foal will be able to become better than their parents.
I think that it would add one more reason to just breed one breed; to sell and get good horses which you can win competions with.

However, I do not know if this is suggested already.

I hope understand what I am trying to suggest. If you don't, feel free to ask for a better explaination.

Best regards!
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: Training

Post by Nate »

Plantan,

This idea was considered and not implemented for a couple of reasons. First, it's not realistic. Training the parents doesn't make their foals better in real life, but it does confirm their abilities and value as breeding stock. Second, it creates an artificial barrier to someone joining this game down the line and doing well. It won't be able to sustain itself if no one new wants to come in and play because everyone else has horses with 1000 generations of breeding and they dominate every event because they've been trained for that long. Third, Larissa has no vested interest in encouraging people to breed just one breed. In fact, the game is set up that unless your one breed is the nine foundation breeds, you MUST crossbreed to get where you want to go. For these reasons, it's safe to say that we won't be seeing this feature.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 1:09 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:09 pm