Community Forum

Confused At This

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Whispering Falls
Visit My Farm

Confused At This

Post by Whispering Falls »

Confused at this mare's color, I'm sure any of you coat experts would find this an easy one, so I was hoping you could help me out. :) I haven't quite got down the intricate legitimate descriptions for an exact coat yet. I know the very basics. I feel I should be able to catch on better with how long I've been into this sort of stuff (horses and dogs) but the wide gene variety pool seems to stump me.

I'm throwing in this wild guess that maybe she is partial Cream, Champagne, or possibly a light variation of the silver gene?

Any help much appreciated.
~Whispering Falls

[horse=]https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2192647[/horse]
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Confused At This

Post by Silverine »

Whispering Falls wrote:Confused at this mare's color, I'm sure any of you coat experts would find this an easy one, so I was hoping you could help me out. :) I haven't quite got down the intricate legitimate descriptions for an exact coat yet. I know the very basics. I feel I should be able to catch on better with how long I've been into this sort of stuff (horses and dogs) but the wide gene variety pool seems to stump me.

I'm throwing in this wild guess that maybe she is partial Cream, Champagne, or possibly a light variation of the silver gene?

Any help much appreciated.
~Whispering Falls

[horse=]https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2192647[/horse]
She is Classic Cream Roan - black base + 1x cream + champagne + roan. The champagne has a tell in the freckles on her muzzle. The single cream is indicated by the washed-out color of her coat. She would be much darker if she did not have cream, and would be much closer to white if she had two copies and would also have blue or pale gray eyes. The roan shows itself in the greater lightening of her body and how her coat there appears to be flecked with white.

Also, when putting in horse codes, cut out the horse's ID number from the URL (the number part at the very end, 2192647 in this case) and put it directly after horse=, inside the bracket. When done correctly, it will show up like this:

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 2:07 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:07 pm