Community Forum

Chestnut Dun with...?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
askeek
Visit My Farm

Chestnut Dun with...?

Post by askeek »

Hey everyone. I was wondering what you would say this horse's genetics are. His dam is a palomino and his sire is a silver buckskin dun. Both have tiger eye. Currently I would guess that he is a chestnut dun and potentially flaxen?

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Chestnut Dun with...?

Post by BlackOak2 »

countrygal23 wrote:Hey everyone. I was wondering what you would say this horse's genetics are. His dam is a palomino and his sire is a silver buckskin dun. Both have tiger eye. Currently I would guess that he is a chestnut dun and potentially flaxen?

I agree with you, flaxen red dun with tiger eye. Considering he's chestnut, he might also be hiding a silver gene.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
askeek
Visit My Farm

Post by askeek »

BlackOak2 wrote:
countrygal23 wrote:Hey everyone. I was wondering what you would say this horse's genetics are. His dam is a palomino and his sire is a silver buckskin dun. Both have tiger eye. Currently I would guess that he is a chestnut dun and potentially flaxen?

I agree with you, flaxen red dun with tiger eye. Considering he's chestnut, he might also be hiding a silver gene.
Thanks! I'm happy to hear I'm getting more accurate with my gene identification haha. That must mean his parents are hiding the flaxen gene which is pretty cool. And I'll have to see if he gives me any silver foals once I start breeding him.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

countrygal23 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Thanks! I'm happy to hear I'm getting more accurate with my gene identification haha. That must mean his parents are hiding the flaxen gene which is pretty cool. And I'll have to see if he gives me any silver foals once I start breeding him.
It does take awhile to learn the color genes here, but once you start getting a handle on it, it does start coming much easier.
Congratulations!
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 6:22 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:22 am