Community Forum

What color are these 3 horses?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Veterinarian
Visit My Farm

Re: What color are these 3 horses?

Post by Veterinarian »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Veterinarian wrote: Is there a guide to the three genes that make dapples appear? I am not informed on this subject at all lol
That's Totina's color guide, I think, that LadyRuthven is likely talking about, Veterinarian.

I have some double pearls in my low GP project, but not double pearls paired with silver on black... yet. They'll eventually get there. So I visited one of the front-breeders of the silver dapple black pearl to find one for you.

He's a great example of a silver dapple black pearl. Besides the pseudo-pangare you see. Take a look at his dark eyes, his pink skin, these, coupled with the bright body. The light body is a good indication of a dilute at work, and being so bright there's a double dilute at work. With no champagne freckles, we know it's not a champagne dilute, so that leaves the creams and pearls. The dark eyes give it away. Double dilutes of cream and pearl or two creams will always result in blue eyes. Because we have a double dilute that is NOT a champagne, that is also displaying dark eyes, we can assume that it is a double pearl.

There is somewhere a forum that discusses the double pearls, but it's not exactly a guide.
I can offer some pearl rules though.

Pearl Rules
--> a single cream cannot have pearl
--> recessive gene
--> shares locus with cream (which means you can only have two creams, a cream and a pearl or two pearls, you CAN'T have two creams and a pearl or two pearls and a cream or two pearls and two creams)
--> pearl can be mistaken for double cream, except pearl offers darker manes and dark eyes
--> two single creams parents --> a single or double pearl can never come from two single creams
--> single cream & solid parents --> a double pearl can never come from a single cream regardless of the other color
--> two solids parents --> can produce a double pearl, each parent is single pearl carrier
--> one solid & double dilute parents --> can produce a double pearl, each parent is single pearl carrier
--> two double dilutes --> can produce a double pearl, each parent is single pearl carrier

I can further explain the pearl rules if you get caught on something.
Thank you!
This really helped me a lot XD

I will do some research and if I have a question I will ask you!
Thanks for the help!
LadyRuthven
Visit My Farm

Re: What color are these 3 horses?

Post by LadyRuthven »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Veterinarian wrote: Is there a guide to the three genes that make dapples appear? I am not informed on this subject at all lol
That's Totina's color guide, I think, that LadyRuthven is likely talking about, Veterinarian.

I have some double pearls in my low GP project, but not double pearls paired with silver on black... yet. They'll eventually get there. So I visited one of the front-breeders of the silver dapple black pearl to find one for you.

He's a great example of a silver dapple black pearl. Besides the pseudo-pangare you see. Take a look at his dark eyes, his pink skin, these, coupled with the bright body. The light body is a good indication of a dilute at work, and being so bright there's a double dilute at work. With no champagne freckles, we know it's not a champagne dilute, so that leaves the creams and pearls. The dark eyes give it away. Double dilutes of cream and pearl or two creams will always result in blue eyes. Because we have a double dilute that is NOT a champagne, that is also displaying dark eyes, we can assume that it is a double pearl.

There is somewhere a forum that discusses the double pearls, but it's not exactly a guide.
I can offer some pearl rules though.

Pearl Rules
--> a single cream cannot have pearl
--> recessive gene
--> shares locus with cream (which means you can only have two creams, a cream and a pearl or two pearls, you CAN'T have two creams and a pearl or two pearls and a cream or two pearls and two creams)
--> pearl can be mistaken for double cream, except pearl offers darker manes and dark eyes
--> two single creams parents --> a single or double pearl can never come from two single creams
--> single cream & solid parents --> a double pearl can never come from a single cream regardless of the other color
--> two solids parents --> can produce a double pearl, each parent is single pearl carrier
--> one solid & double dilute parents --> can produce a double pearl, each parent is single pearl carrier
--> two double dilutes --> can produce a double pearl, each parent is single pearl carrier

I can further explain the pearl rules if you get caught on something.
Oh, so helpful. So, looking for a brighter coat with the silver. I wish someone would make a guide on the rarer colors (with pictures) and of just dilutes, as that's what always trips me up when looking for color. Again, thanks you as always. I have no givien up on getting that color yet. lol :D
Ruthven Stables - Spanish Jennet Breeder
Shared Farm Log

My other Farms:
Byron Farms
Shelley's Boarding

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 7:46 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:46 am