Community Forum

I Need help determining my mares colour

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Pendragon Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

I Need help determining my mares colour

Post by Pendragon Stables »

So i just bought this mare and i need help determining her color
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2122433
Secret Whisper
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: I Need help determining my mares colour

Post by Secret Whisper »

Pendragon Stables wrote:So i just bought this mare and i need help determining her color
Graying Buckskin Roan w/ Spotted Blanket
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

Pendragon Stables wrote:So i just bought this mare and i need help determining her color
Hi ^^ I'd say she is a Silver Roan Buckskin with Lp.
- The dark points with a cream/golden coat indicate her as a buckskin (meaning Bay with one Cream-gene).
- The little white hairs brightening her coat from cheek to mid-leg are a sign of roan.
- Her foal pictures show her with a light mane from birth on, so it isn't lightened just because of varnish but is indeed caused by silver.
- Her leopard complex-genes are expressed in appaloosa spots, snowflakes and a typical varnishing (the areas where she seems mist-covered) + some bronzening (the darkened areas, similiar to sooty) of her lower body.

So all in all, her gen-coding would look as following:

E_ A_ Cr/n Rn/n Z/n Lp/n

I hope this helps somewhat :)
Pendragon Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

AltNazarach wrote:
Hi ^^ I'd say she is a Silver Roan Buckskin with Lp.
- The dark points with a cream/golden coat indicate her as a buckskin (meaning Bay with one Cream-gene).
- The little white hairs brightening her coat from cheek to mid-leg are a sign of roan.
- Her foal pictures show her with a light mane from birth on, so it isn't lightened just because of varnish but is indeed caused by silver.
- Her leopard complex-genes are expressed in appaloosa spots, snowflakes and a typical varnishing (the areas where she seems mist-covered) + some bronzening (the darkened areas, similiar to sooty) of her lower body.

So all in all, her gen-coding would look as following:

E_ A_ Cr/n Rn/n Z/n Lp/n

I hope this helps somewhat :)
thanks so much i bought her and i was trying to figure out her color for three days :D
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

Pendragon Stables wrote: thanks so much i bought her and i was trying to figure out her color for three days :D
No probs, she is somewhat hard, especially if you are new to this game ;) Try the forum for color guides - they helped me immensly in the beginning :) And if you are unsure just ask here again - people here are pretty easy-going and love playing color-detective ^^
I have to apologize though, the correct order in the coats description would be a Silver Buckskin Roan with Lp (see, even we are making mistakes sometimes ;) ) have fun breeding and playing :mrgreen:
Pendragon Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

AltNazarach wrote:
Pendragon Stables wrote: thanks so much i bought her and i was trying to figure out her color for three days :D
No probs, she is somewhat hard, especially if you are new to this game ;) Try the forum for color guides - they helped me immensly in the beginning :) And if you are unsure just ask here again - people here are pretty easy-going and love playing color-detective ^^
I have to apologize though, the correct order in the coats description would be a Silver Buckskin Roan with Lp (see, even we are making mistakes sometimes ;) ) have fun breeding and playing :mrgreen:
ive been playing for years but never had a horse this colour
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

Pendragon Stables wrote: ive been playing for years but never had a horse this colour
Sorry, I thought because of the low number of comments that you were new ^^' her color is somewhat usual for leopard buckskins though... But if you are new to lp that might throw anyone off their game :/
Pendragon Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

AltNazarach wrote:
Pendragon Stables wrote: ive been playing for years but never had a horse this colour
Sorry, I thought because of the low number of comments that you were new ^^' her color is somewhat usual for leopard buckskins though... But if you are new to lp that might throw anyone off their game :/
oh its ok ive never come across this colour before of the years ive been playing
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 1:36 pm

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 1:36 pm