Community Forum

What is my mare's color?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Skylin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

What is my mare's color?

Post by Skylin »

Just wondering what she is. Her dam was bay (I think that's where her legs are coming from) + her sire probably had a cream gene(?) and she inherited snowflakes from him as well. But I have a hard time deciding what to call her primary color...

Parhelia Chariot
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: What is my mare's color?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Skylin wrote:Just wondering what she is. Her dam was bay (I think that's where her legs are coming from) + her sire probably had a cream gene(?) and she inherited snowflakes from him as well. But I have a hard time deciding what to call her primary color...

Parhelia Chariot
She is a wild bay dun with snowflakes. Well, maybe just straight bay, her black socks are quite low, but perhaps not quite the wild bay style. I'm on the line. For lack of a better conclusion, I'd label as straight bay.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Skylin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Skylin »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Skylin wrote:Just wondering what she is. Her dam was bay (I think that's where her legs are coming from) + her sire probably had a cream gene(?) and she inherited snowflakes from him as well. But I have a hard time deciding what to call her primary color...

Parhelia Chariot
She is a wild bay dun with snowflakes. Well, maybe just straight bay, her black socks are quite low, but perhaps not quite the wild bay style. I'm on the line. For lack of a better conclusion, I'd label as straight bay.
Thank you! I tried looking something similar up on the guide (like, this gradient from something creamy to bay and finally to black), but didn't find a 100% match and didn't know what to label her.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Skylin wrote:
Thank you! I tried looking something similar up on the guide (like, this gradient from something creamy to bay and finally to black), but didn't find a 100% match and didn't know what to label her.
The great thing, but definitely a downside in this case, to this game, is that there are SO many different outcomes and built-upon's when it comes to color (let alone everything else).

If it's specifically the dun expression that might be throwing you off, my dun study might help you get your head around it. :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11515
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 9:32 pm

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:32 pm