Community Forum

Insanity

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Insanity

Post by Mlloftus »

So, you know how some people (including myself) will get notifications of an offer on a horse that isn't theirs? Well every time I sell a horse to Fallon or FallonAlt that happens. EVERY TIME. I sold two horses for training to them and got 4 notifications on each horse. What is going on? This happened last time too. :?: :?:
Tom wrote:I don't think this is a bug but...
BlackOak2 wrote:you probably will know what to do (if this isn't a bug)
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Insanity

Post by PeacefulOreo »

mlloftus wrote:So, you know how some people (including myself) will get notifications of an offer on a horse that isn't theirs? Well every time I sell a horse to Fallon or FallonAlt that happens. EVERY TIME. I sold two horses for training to them and got 4 notifications on each horse. What is going on? This happened last time too. :?: :?:
Tom wrote:I don't think this is a bug but...
BlackOak2 wrote:you probably will know what to do (if this isn't a bug)
It happens to all of us
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

mlloftus wrote:So, you know how some people (including myself) will get notifications of an offer on a horse that isn't theirs? Well every time I sell a horse to Fallon or FallonAlt that happens. EVERY TIME. I sold two horses for training to them and got 4 notifications on each horse. What is going on? This happened last time too. :?: :?:
As PeacefulOreo said, we all do appear to get this. Try clearing your cache (or completely clearing it). I think (though I'm no programmer) that it has something to do with a cookie or something attached to the horse. By clearing my cache, I can get rid of the notifications on horses I don't own on this account. From what I've seen of others having this issue, it is a horse they owned at some point in time, so there is a link to this.

Sometimes, I don't clear my cache just because I like sometimes seeing when a sold horse gets transferred, or perhaps when a horse goes to an unknown trainer. There are ways to take advantage of this... cache error. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Soaring Hooves »

Hey! Quick thing, I have gotten the notification for a horse that I never owned... at least, I'm 99% sure :lol:
BlackOak2 wrote:
As PeacefulOreo said, we all do appear to get this. Try clearing your cache (or completely clearing it). I think (though I'm no programmer) that it has something to do with a cookie or something attached to the horse. By clearing my cache, I can get rid of the notifications on horses I don't own on this account. From what I've seen of others having this issue, it is a horse they owned at some point in time, so there is a link to this.

Sometimes, I don't clear my cache just because I like sometimes seeing when a sold horse gets transferred, or perhaps when a horse goes to an unknown trainer. There are ways to take advantage of this... cache error. :mrgreen:
"I can't make it go away by making you a villain"
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Soaring Hooves wrote:Hey! Quick thing, I have gotten the notification for a horse that I never owned... at least, I'm 99% sure :lol:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Clear your cache, see if it happens again. :mrgreen: But unless you're sure, I suspect you did at one point in time. Even as a transfer, a newbie purchase and sale back... there's a lot of different scenarios where you could've owned that horse. Or maybe an alternate account using the same computer. But keep your eye out, if you come across one that you know you never owned, it might give admin a little insight into it... IF it's more than just a cache thing.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Elaina Brewster
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Elaina Brewster »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Soaring Hooves wrote:Hey! Quick thing, I have gotten the notification for a horse that I never owned... at least, I'm 99% sure :lol:
Clear your cache, see if it happens again. :mrgreen: But unless you're sure, I suspect you did at one point in time. Even as a transfer, a newbie purchase and sale back... there's a lot of different scenarios where you could've owned that horse. Or maybe an alternate account using the same computer. But keep your eye out, if you come across one that you know you never owned, it might give admin a little insight into it... IF it's more than just a cache thing.
This is how I spy on BlackOak, its quite fun to utilize!
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Main Account
Proud Host of: HWO's Triple Crown/Tiara
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Breeder of: Walkaloosas & Sugarbush Drafts
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Elaina Brewster wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
This is how I spy on BlackOak, its quite fun to utilize!
:o I've got my own personal forum stalker. :lol:
I spy on certain things like this myself. :D It can prove quite handy from time to time.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 11:54 pm

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:54 pm