Community Forum

horses leveling up to fast?

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
desertrose984
Visit My Farm

horses leveling up to fast?

Post by desertrose984 »

i have noticed many of my horses have skipped levels and now are unable to show due to very few lvl 10 shows and now am also unable to gain points on my horses,Is there a way to possibly expand and say each horse stays at a level for 5 shows then if its winning it gets to advance to the next level not skip levels like my horse went from lvl 3 to a lvl 8 in one show.
Bitapetrone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: horses leveling up to fast?

Post by Bitapetrone »

I believe that this is a 'problem' right now simply because the game is new and there really aren't many competitive horses out there. People are still working on their breeds/types/whathaveyou and aren't hyper-focused on showing. In the future it will most likely be significantly harder to get your horses up to the highest show rank so leveling too fast won't be an issue.

Horses lingering at a show level they're too high for could pose an issue for the horses that actually belong at that level. 5 shows doesn't seem like much, but when it's multiple horses all stuck at say level 3 we'll have a ton of horses stuck in a level they're too advanced for, which makes it difficult for the horses that belong there to actually advance.

It also takes less than a week to get your show hosting potential to level 10.
desertrose984
Visit My Farm

Post by desertrose984 »

yes but there are very few lvl 10 shows so i cant even find a lvl 10 show that isnt already several days out,when i make a show its 5 days out and 5 days in this game is several years on a horse
desertrose984
Visit My Farm

Post by desertrose984 »

i was also thinking the max a horse could stay at any level would be like 5,meaning if you have a high level horse then after a max of 5 shows they would advance if they won or showed in 3 out of 5 shows
*Corvus*
Visit My Farm

Post by *Corvus* »

The problem (as I see it) is that currently, horses of all abilities are competing together. i.e. In real life,you wouldn't have a derby winner or other grade one horse competing against a low grade racer. I think that eventually it would be a good idea to introduce different "leagues".
For example what we have now would be the beginner league, horses that went pretty much straight to level ten could then progress to the novice league. When they get to level ten there, they go to the advanced league, and once they've got there on to the elite league for the best of the best.
I have a horse that isn't particularly wonderful, and after a handful of shows he is level 9 for endurance. I don't particularly want to show him anymore, as level ten shows are expensive for a newbie to enter, and with seventy odd enterants I would be wasting my time, as most of the other horses are going to be better than him. If there was a chance of progressing further I would carry on, but there seems little point in entering him against a bunch of horses that are repeatedly going to beat him.
Thoughts?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

An important point to remember is that your horse can also move DOWN in levels too if he isn't doing well at his current level. So if you believe that your horse would lose in the level 10 then enter him in (assuming you can afford it) to get his level lowered when he loses to a level he can be competitive in.

The leveling system will... level out (pardon the pun) once we have more horses competing. I am making continuing adjustments to the level parameters as the game progresses... which reminds me that I need to make another adjustment this weekend. Eventually the game will self regulate the level parameters, once I finish this part of the code, and you'll see your horses fall into much better levels.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 2:10 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:10 pm