Community Forum

No COI Breeding!

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
AnukaRocks!2004
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

No COI Breeding!

Post by AnukaRocks!2004 »

Hi! I am trying to focus on breeding different horses without COI, the only horses I own with COI are horses that are A- Accidental Breedings (bred them with a sibling or parent)
B- Bought for competing
Please Let me know if you are also working on no COI breeding! Would be great to see what can come of it, especially since its hard work!
CRUNCHY IS THE BEST
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: No COI Breeding!

Post by CRUNCHY IS THE BEST »

AnukaRocks!2004 wrote:Hi! I am trying to focus on breeding different horses without COI, the only horses I own with COI are horses that are A- Accidental Breedings (bred them with a sibling or parent)
B- Bought for competing
Please Let me know if you are also working on no COI breeding! Would be great to see what can come of it, especially since its hard work!
Yep! I am trying to get a certain colour without breeding brother/sister! SO hard! :lol:
Pieta
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Pieta »

AnukaRocks!2004 wrote:Hi! I am trying to focus on breeding different horses without COI, the only horses I own with COI are horses that are A- Accidental Breedings (bred them with a sibling or parent)
B- Bought for competing
I'm trying something similar :) I'm trying to achive the lowest COI possible with my QH and that they still be good at competitions. At the moment I'm at 12.43% what I think is pretty impressive. All horses also have a lot od champions in theri bloodline too.
Voodoo Girl
Turkmenes
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Turkmenes »

B- Bought for competing
I'm working on breeding 0%COI Turkmenes. It's slow-going right now, especially as this is only a side project for me, but it's quite rewarding when I get a particularly decent foal.
AnukaRocks!2004
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by AnukaRocks!2004 »

its amazing to know im not the only no COI breeder XD im trying to breed loads of breeds that have no coi :P
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

The problem with 0% COI is that there is a huge variability in that. There is consistency in a moderate COI and clones in a high COI - if you breed horses with very, very low COI that all have, for example, an HGP of 60k, you can get a batch of foals that have an HGP variability of 55k - 65k. If you breed horses with a mid COI (45-65), you'll have a variability of, say, 58k-63k. If you breed high COI, you'll be lucky if there is more variation than 60k.

You don't want to do severe inbreeding, but selectively breeding animals that are two generations removed should be fine (i.e. second cousins. Grandsire to granddaughter etc.)
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

I have been doing my COI O/Breed from scratch project for a few years now, I do take break from the game sometimes and have a lot of breeds so my progress is slow. I have a pretty strict system and it is rewarding when I get improvements on horses. It is certainly a lot harder than linebreeding, but the challenge makes it more fun. I run a closed herd as I breed from scratch (I do buy Adoption Center horses when I need them), but I am always willing to share my genetics and what not. Check out my farm, Wild Mustang is my holding account where the youngsters are waiting to be paired with a partner. I was one of the firsts with this project and it has always been the joke that I might have some of the worst horses, but when the Vet updates get implemented and horses can die from things, I'll have horses that aren't so inbred and they'll become worth something. When I'm on I'm always in the chat so stop by if you want to, welcome to the COI 0 club.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 2:17 am

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:17 am