Community Forum

Site down for maintenance/service interruption warning

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Vaxxine
Visit My Farm

Site down for maintenance/service interruption warning

Post by Vaxxine »

I'm incredibly excited that we got the daily notification fixed! Thank you.

In the future could we please get a heads up on testing so we will have some idea of when we might experience game play interruptions?

I'm unsure if the same can be said for midday, but much of heavy lifting testing wise appears to happen in the middle of the night.
I understand this is probably due to low traffic times. That being said, low traffic is still traffic, and some of us paying traffic. It's a bummer to spend the day looking forward to a big PT/adoption center shop up, only to find the game doesn't work. Makes players sad and owners lose money. lose-lose. :(

A little -"Hey guys, might have a couple interruptions tonight....etc etc" would go a long was in maintaining customer relations. In my opinion.

Thank you for listening
& again awesome job^_^
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Site down for maintenance/service interruption warning

Post by larissar »

If it's a planned service interruption we do out best to give advanced notice but sometimes things happen accidentally even with testing prior to going online.

That being said I haven't taken the site down for maintenance since before we opened, did you have some trouble accessing the site recently?
Vaxxine
Visit My Farm

Post by Vaxxine »

Last night turns froze up and I was getting the same errors as ruby_jane
I couldn't advance days. No day advancement with less than 20$ @ 10:00pm [in game] means I couldn't enter competitions,[local or otherwise] train, age out horses to make space, breed, or add another player skill. All I could do was stare at my horses and browse through competitions I couldn't enter. I consider that interrupted service, as may of the paid features directly relate to turns.

I have no idea how long it was buggered for, could have been only 30 minutes, could have been hours, could have been all night. I had no idea, and no eta, so I resigned to bed. Once again, I am not upset that is happened. It's a part of building a game. It's going to happen. I honestly do understand. I know I type in a bit of a matter of fact tone, but I am not being aggressive nor snotty. I honestly very much appreciate all the years of effort you've put into this game.

So if things might go weird during updates/going live, and there no way to tell, maybe we can know when updates are planned to take place?

"Updating, & possible weirdness 10pm-2am nightly" or
"Monday, monday monday!: So many updates don't even bother playing!" or
"Updating thursday 10pm-12am-no interruptions expected"
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

It was bugged for all of 5 minutes tops. Nothing to fuss over.
Vaxxine
Visit My Farm

Post by Vaxxine »

I understand. Thank you :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:33 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:33 pm