Community Forum

Horses personality

Join us today and Sunday for a questions and answers weekend. Anyone can submit a question and we'll answer quickly.
Frior Dir
Visit My Farm

Horses personality

Post by Frior Dir »

Will each horse have a personality like energetic,dominant and character sleepy,agitated and so forth?.Coz in real life horses performance and training is affected based on their current state :)

Thanks
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Horses personality

Post by larissar »

Right now the only personality trait we have is Temperament. Some horses are quite calm while others are much more spirited. These do factor in to competitions. We probably won't add in other temperaments right now but it could be a possibility down the road.
Frior
Visit My Farm

Post by Frior »

Great Larrissa, thanks! :)

I am anxious for this game to kick in, you have done a fantastic job , and a lot of us horse enthusiasts have been waiting for a game like this to come along.When i read through what is expected off and what the game brings ,i nearly fell over in disbelief.It is a time consuming to build a huge complex game such as this,doing alot of researching and so forth but man this is the game off all the games.Thank you Larissa for all your hard work,i will sure drag many people on here ;)
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

You are more than welcome, and thank you too :)
Argent
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

What are the benefits and drawbacks of certain temperaments?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

A spirited horse will have more drive, more 'go', something that would be better suited to racing or jumping events for example, but could be a problem in some events like western pleasure or hunters, where a calm horse might be better suited.

Temperament can also be affected by what a horse eats too. If you feed a horse a high sugar diet (lots of oats for example) then you are likely to make him a bit more high strung, where as a low energy food could have the opposite effect. You can't completely override a horses natural temperament just by adjusting his diet, but you can help gear the horse more towards whatever discipline you are training for.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 9:05 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:05 am