Community Forum

Whaaaa....?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Whaaaa....?

Post by horsegirl008 »

Uhhh what color will this be?? Click on the picture to see how she looks now

EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Whaaaa....?

Post by EclipticEnd »

horsegirl008 wrote:Uhhh what color will this be?? Click on the picture to see how she looks now

Looks like a Seal Brown / Seal Bay (your preference). Don't think she got the Roan from the Blue Roan parent and she didn't get the Champagne from the other. I'm guessing the exaggerated pangare is from foal camouflage and isn't in fact an expression of adult pangare. There's no evidence of Sooty in your foal's immediate bloodline, so the darkness coming in is likely just the foal losing that pangare camo.

You now know that the Champagne parent is A/At (Bay / Seal Brown) and Ch/n (het for Champagne) which is pretty great if you're breeding for specific colors! And the Roan one only has one Roan gene as well.

She'll be a variant of this color as an adult:

horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Re: Whaaaa....?

Post by horsegirl008 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote:Uhhh what color will this be?? Click on the picture to see how she looks now

Looks like a Seal Brown / Seal Bay (your preference). Don't think she got the Roan from the Blue Roan parent and she didn't get the Champagne from the other. I'm guessing the exaggerated pangare is from foal camouflage and isn't in fact an expression of adult pangare. There's no evidence of Sooty in your foal's immediate bloodline, so the darkness coming in is likely just the foal losing that pangare camo.

You now know that the Champagne parent is A/At (Bay / Seal Brown) and Ch/n (het for Champagne) which is pretty great if you're breeding for specific colors! And the Roan one only has one Roan gene as well.

She'll be a variant of this color as an adult:

Thank you, as always :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 3:20 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:20 am