Community Forum

Confusing Coloration White or Cream

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Lynx768768
Visit My Farm

Confusing Coloration White or Cream

Post by Lynx768768 »

[horse=] Cream Paint [/horse]
Is she a cream pain or would she calcified as a white paint?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Confusing Coloration White or Cream

Post by BlackOak2 »

Lynx768768 wrote:[horse=] Cream Paint [/horse]
Is she a cream pain or would she calcified as a white paint?
:)
First and foremost.

You see what you have.
[horse=] Cream Paint [/horse]

This is what you need:

Code: Select all

[horse=#####] Cream Paint [/horse]
Like this:

Code: Select all

[horse=3555878]/*Lucy*\ [/horse]
So it comes out like this:
/*Lucy*\

The number is the id of the horse on HWO. You can find this in the address bar. It's the last long number at the end.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3555878

:D

Since you don't have a horse in your pasture named 'Cream Paint', I'll see if I can't name all of your colors. 8-)

/*Lucy*\ appears to be a triple dilute. This is the champagne gene paired with two creams, two pearls or a cream and a pearl. These are one of our pseudo-white possibilities. She also has snowflakes, so she carries the Lp genes. She also has silver and is on black (there are faint dapples on her coat) and I think I even see roan. She doesn't immediately appear to have any pearls in her close pedigree, so I'm thinking she's a double cream.
So, two creams and champagne with silver and roan, on a black coat with Lp. She's likely be labeled: Silver blue dappled smoky cream champagne with snowflakes.

MUD Revenger is far easier. He is a chestnut roan fewspot (with tiger eye). That's a red base, with roan and two of the tiger eye gene.

Cream Fern is a double dilute. There are no freckles, so no champagne. So that'll either be a double cream, a double pearl or a cream and pearl. Since she is an AC horse, there is no newborn pics to help us alone. And NAB's can have just about any combination of genes on the game. :lol: I suspect, based on her overall color, that she's a cream and pearl. She also has roan and tobiano. She'd be called something like: Smoky Blue Pearl Tobiano.

*As a short aside. Any marking genes (face, legs and other 'paint' markings) are currently all from the tobiano gene. We do not currently have any others released to us. So any stars or sockings are also tobiano horses.*

Randsom appears to be a perlino. This is two cream genes on a bay base. With tobiano. He also has a gentle expression of dun. He has a faint dorsal stripe and his ankles are flushed just slightly. So, make that a perlino dun tobiano.

And finally, /*Astra*\. She's still just a baby. It's easiest to get these colors pinned down when they're yearlings. That and having a newborn image allows us to find all the hints we need (usually) to determine the color and the color genes they carry. You have her currently marked as a champagne (or you purchased her like that). But I'm not immediately seeing freckles, even though her mother is an amber champagne. Her father is not, he is a double dilute. That being said, her color is much more reminiscent of an amber cream. She certainly isn't a buckskin, palomino, smoky brown or smoky black. So you would be correct. She is a champagne and her color would be called: Amber Cream. That's one cream gene, paired with champagne on a bay base.

:mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Lynx768768
Visit My Farm

Post by Lynx768768 »

Thank you so much! I was trying to do the horse information like you did but I forgot her name as I was doing it... That was her name when I got her and I forgot that I changed it. Thank You again!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:D
No problems! It was good you only had a small handful, otherwise I would've had to ask just which one you meant. :lol:

Let us know if you get stuck again. :-)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 6:42 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:42 pm