Community Forum

⑀ Hushed Valley ⑀

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Horpse
Visit My Farm

⑀ Hushed Valley ⑀

Post by Horpse »

⑀ Hushed Valley ⑀

You may comment here but please refrain from quoting this forum. Ty!
I will use this as a way to keep track of what I've already bred according to my projects since I'm a terrible wreck at remembering what went where and who is who :roll:

Color Key:
RED - Hiatus
YELLOW - In Progress
GREEN - Completed/Continuation

In order of Prioritization..
Current Projects:
>Racing Xiliongs
>Racing Thoroughbreds
>Persian Arabians (Improving)

Speed-Links
Racing Thoroughbreds
>TB Log #1: RH-Sire prospects

Xiliong Origins Project
>Xiliong Log #1: Recipe and Progress
>Xiliong Log #2: Hybrid Progress
>Xiliong - Karbarda Log: Recipe and Stock
>Xiliong - Persian Arabian Log: Recipe and Stock
>Akhal-Teke Log: Recipe
>Sanhe Log: Recipe and Stock
>Tiger Horse Log: Recipe and Stock
Last edited by Horpse on Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Horpse
Visit My Farm

Log #1: TB RH-Sire prospects

Post by Horpse »

Achille's Heel

Since I've been tinkering with TBs for the longest time, I've finally reached a point where I'm not sure what I can do to alter better stats into my lines. Such as this Achille's Heel here. He has an amazing win-rate and has pretty extraordinary run-times. I might just have to breed off of his line until I test and make another break through/find a horse that surpasses him.
Canary Charm

I've also have yet to put more champing times into Canary Charm because he is probably around the same level as Achille's Heel (and I don't have a champer). Might have to also reconsider breeding off of this dude.
Coastal Comets

There's also Coastal Coments, who has a Secretariat Comment but has a green stam. He's been tested already and champed (Up to GCH). I had dropped him from it due to his Win-rate dropping below 72%. 70% Win-rate and with 86 Starts: 22 1sts, 17 2nds, 22 3rds, he has an okay heart. Nothing to be ashamed but because of his comment I also might reconsider him as well.
March of Titans

And lastly my newest addition to the successor lines, March of Titans. He may be on par with Achille's and Canary in terms of win-rate and strong heart. Champing him will though, come after Canary's of course.

Then there's this barn I whipped up with all of my 'best' TB studs. I have yet to test some of them for heart so I'll need to do that.
Last edited by Horpse on Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
Horpse
Visit My Farm

Log #2: Karbardas Recipe & Stock

Post by Horpse »

Sub Project: Karbardas
[Arabian + Mongolian] X [Persian Arabian + Turkmene]

Currently I have multiple mares and stallions and I believe I am ready to create Kabardas. I'll keep a pair in storage just in case my current stock doesn't go as planned.

I have bred a pure filly and not a long few hours later I finally pulled a colt. I'll keep breeding these two and see if I pop more from my 50/50s. When I have at least 6-7 pure mares and 3 pure stallions I'll have 25% of the Xiliong recipe completed.

A couple hours later and I now have a completed Karbarda Stock. I'll keep them on holding until I need them again.
Last edited by Horpse on Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:40 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Horpse
Visit My Farm

Log #3: Persian Arabians Recipe & Stock

Post by Horpse »

Sub Project: Persian Arabians
[Arabian] X [Caspian X Arabian]

Since this breed is so annoying to breed (I'm just lazy to breed from scratch :roll:) due to its rarity- but somewhat popularity on the market I'm probably gonna improve them after working on my Xiliong Origins project. I already have many horses ready to go if I ever wanna start up again.

I have these stashed away on my holding.
Last edited by Horpse on Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Horpse
Visit My Farm

Log #4: Xiliong Recipe & Progression Log

Post by Horpse »

Project:
Xiliong

███████████ 100%

[Karbada + Russian Don] X [Akhal-Teke + Sanhe]

Breeds Completed:
>Karbada
>Russian Don
>Akhal-Teke
>Sanhe

Hybrids Completed:
>Mare [Karbada x Russian Don]
>Stallion [Akhal-Teke x Sanhe]
Last edited by Horpse on Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Horpse
Visit My Farm

Log #5: Xiliong Hybrid Progress

Post by Horpse »

Project: Xiliong

I was lucky to get the last energy on the ONLY Russian Stud on the market. So I ended up breeding one of my Karbada BMs to him.

Mare - [Karbarda x Russian Don]
This filly came out as a 3/5 on evaluation but I can adjust in breeding the required/missing Xiliong attributes onto the stallion hybrid. Same with her.

Stallion [Akhal-Teke x Sanhe]
I have a mare that would be suitable for creating the Akhal-Teke half of the hybrid colt. So I'll age and then freeze her until I get up to the hybrid point.

I also kept most of my Akhal-Teke brood that were gonna used for in this sector.

I currently have all the breeds to make a Xiliong, it's just getting them to a 4-5* evaluation.
Last edited by Horpse on Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Horpse
Visit My Farm

Log #6: Akhal-Teke Recipe & Stock

Post by Horpse »

Sub Project: Akhal-Teke
[Arabian] x [Turkmene]

Yes this is a simple breed to make, but it's still very tiring to search through the markets for good traits on horses that won't mess up in creating the 2nd phase of my Xiliong project and throw it off by one miscalculation (for example, height..). Pain is all I feel. :) :)

Anyways I wish I could've saved some BMs from earlier when I was breeding Persian Arabians but none of them survived (understandably it's been 30-40+ yrs since I've used them from now) No matter though I can just breed a couple more and boom I'll have broodmares ready to go.

Turkmene studs are a lot harder to find though, as in ones with good stats, attributes, and so on. I'll just have to keep digging until I find a decently suitable one that fits most of my criteria.
Last edited by Horpse on Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horpse
Visit My Farm

Log #7: Sanhe Recipe & Stock

Post by Horpse »

Sub Project: Sanhe
[Andalusian] X [Akhal-Teke + Tiger Horse]

Now since this breed is on the rarer side of HWO, ofc I'll have to go through more pain and suffering to get it.
Luckily enough both projects were prepared ahead of time and now I don't have to sort out horses for evals for the Sanhe.
I've bred my first one.
Last edited by Horpse on Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Horpse
Visit My Farm

Log #8: Tiger Horse Recipe & Stock

Post by Horpse »

Sub Project: Tiger Horse
[Galloway] X [Spanish Jennet]

I was lucky enough to purchase a galloway mare just in time so all I need is a good Spanish Jennet stud to crossbreed it with. I'm not digging her mohawk or feathers at the current moment but I'll fix it later on. Just very thankful rn that she was on the market so I didn't have to spend another lifetime on making a sub-catagory horse in order to make another sub-catagory horse to make the main horse. :D Yipeee!

I now have a Tiger horse created. Now it's time to stock up on these bad-boys/girls so I won't have to go through that again :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Alrighty a day and few hours later I now have a stock of Tiger horses.
Last edited by Horpse on Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
RailwayInTheSky
Visit My Farm

Re: ⑀ Hushed Valley ⑀

Post by RailwayInTheSky »

And I'm yo alt :P :P ;)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 12:15 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:15 pm