Community Forum

Cremello didn't pass either cream gene?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Cremello didn't pass either cream gene?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
I knew I was forgetting something: Arabians don't come in brown. (The alleles listed in the first post are incorrect, but the colors listed are not.) And glitch coats still only come in colors that are possible. So even if he was a glitch, he wouldn't be brown.
:D
We've actually had this discussion a number of times. And although really rare, Arabians from the AC, can come in brown.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/8807

We have a few, rare examples. I thought we had a couple right in that ancient breed color guide, but I guess we don't.

I do wonder where that topic got to... if not in that guide, I don't know where it would be.
I'll be linking the horse I found, into that ancient topic so that at least, we have ONE example of it. The nicer thing is, she threw brown coats when matched with a black AC arab.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: :D
We've actually had this discussion a number of times. And although really rare, Arabians from the AC, can come in brown.

We have a few, rare examples. I thought we had a couple right in that ancient breed color guide, but I guess we don't.

I do wonder where that topic got to... if not in that guide, I don't know where it would be.
I'll be linking the horse I found, into that ancient topic so that at least, we have ONE example of it. The nicer thing is, she threw brown coats when matched with a black AC arab.
Ah, okay. I actually looked through the whole thing just in case it was refuted somewhere. :lol:

I still think the stud is black, though. :P :mrgreen:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: :D

Ah, okay. I actually looked through the whole thing just in case it was refuted somewhere. :lol:

I still think the stud is black, though. :P :mrgreen:
He is now over ten years. It appears he is, indeed a black.

It'll be interesting if he does throw another brown though. To see what might've actually been happening. And if a bug might've been at play.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Jaylin221
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Jaylin221 »

Yah, I just bred him to some more black mares to see if I could recreate it again, wishing I had kept the other foals now. What does being 10 years have to do with the color? I haven't heard about it before and I'm curious.
Color Guide
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Color Guide »

Jaylin221 wrote:Yah, I just bred him to some more black mares to see if I could recreate it again, wishing I had kept the other foals now. What does being 10 years have to do with the color? I haven't heard about it before and I'm curious.
Ten years is the age when all glitch horses swap their glitch coats for their actual coats.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 1:54 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:54 am