Community Forum

Grinder horses

LeighanFarms
Visit My Farm

Grinder horses

Post by LeighanFarms »

Why isn’t anyone buying grinder horses anymore? I’ve had 3-4 of mine listed for over a week for SUPER cheap and nobody’s bought them.
BlackRiver_Racing1
Visit My Farm

Re: Grinder horses

Post by BlackRiver_Racing1 »

LeighanFarms wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:28 am Why isn’t anyone buying grinder horses anymore? I’ve had 3-4 of mine listed for over a week for SUPER cheap and nobody’s bought them.
Sometimes it's because of prices. I have all my grinders posted for 20k when I sell them and they go super fast :mrgreen:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Grinder horses

Post by BlackOak2 »

LeighanFarms wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:28 am Why isn’t anyone buying grinder horses anymore? I’ve had 3-4 of mine listed for over a week for SUPER cheap and nobody’s bought them.
It also always helps to double-post them. Sometimes they get lost in the market (sometimes it also helps to name all of them grinder so we can search the name 'grinder'). Using the market forum can make things move a LOT faster. Just keep your post updated and you should find your grinder stock sell better.

You also don't appear to have them labeled as 'Grinder' and only that they're fully trained (I looked into your for-sale pasture)? Those searching for grinders will often skip 'fully trained' ads and favor ads that specifically say Grinder. To skip the fully trained ads, is to offer the horse to a person that's looking to add breeding and competition stock into their farms. So ads that don't specifically note 'grinder stock' is to say that this horse has better values than a grinder horse and therefore has uses beyond what grinder stock offers.

So, if you're selling your grinder stock or grinder-able stock without calling them grinder, somewhere in the ad, you're saying to the buyers that this horse is better than grinder stock and those that just want a grinder horse, should probably look elsewhere.

Grinders have a good, solid place in this game. But what it comes down to, is this stock only has this one place in our game. They cannot or do not usually strengthen competition bloodlines, they usually do quite poorly in hosted competitions and we don't need to worry about trying to save their genes by producing a good replacement.

So far, this is the only game I've found that has been able to code into it, a great and heavy dependency on horses that can get away with being wholly sterile without losing any of their value by being sterile.
We're not at that point yet. But later this year... it's a possibility that we'll finally be able to geld (and maybe also sterilize!). This is something we've all been looking forward to.

...Oh, but I guess much of that is review. :D It pays sometimes to review, though. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 8:07 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:07 pm