Community Forum

- Closed subject - Free to delete

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
GrimCamel
Visit My Farm

- Closed subject - Free to delete

Post by GrimCamel »

Sounds stupid huh? But this suggestion is made due to lack of art. To me personally I don't see the point of having as many breeds as possible in game if their art do not match their real life anatomy. I don't mean to be rude to the artists or anything but It is pretty obvious they used the same breed as model for many which make the game seem lower quality than It actually is. With less and more accurate breeds would def increase the quality and more breeds can be added later when there's a model for it. Another solution would be to correct the models for every breed but I doubt admin got time for that.

As for all the existing horses that's assigned to a breed that would be deleted, their breed would be assigned to the one the fits it's model.

Maybe some ppl do enjoy to breed their favorite breed in game even tho the model certainly not looks like it just for the sake of it but personally I do not see the point. Rather a few HQ breeds than many less accurate ones, that's my opinion. To clarify, this post is about incorrect anatomy, not colors.
Last edited by GrimCamel on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
texí
Visit My Farm

Re: Less breeds

Post by texí »

The game is still improving, it is not so long sice the feathers and appa markings appeared, I believe the difference between breeds will be bigger as they add new features. And the reason why some breeds don't look like what they are supposed to be is, that sometimes there are other breeds in their pedigree.
Alpha ignis, signum astralis, flamma omega, multiversalis....
texí
Visit My Farm

Post by texí »

This game just makes the community responsible for what the breeds look like, I like it, it's not common.
Alpha ignis, signum astralis, flamma omega, multiversalis....
GrimCamel
Visit My Farm

Post by GrimCamel »

I think you missed my point. I did not talk about color, I am ok with seeing a cremello arabian or what so ever, I was talking about anatomy. Icelandic horses looking like shetlands, Fjords like ???, Marwari like just any horse even their distinct features irl and very plain but ok arabians.
Games like these will always have to improve to stay alive, that's the thing with online games if im not mistaken
stephanie111
Visit My Farm

Post by stephanie111 »

texí wrote:The game is still improving, it is not so long sice the feathers and appa markings appeared, I believe the difference between breeds will be bigger as they add new features. And the reason why some breeds don't look like what they are supposed to be is, that sometimes there are other breeds in their pedigree.
Yeah, the game's still being worked on. Some horses may carry traits from interbreeding through the pedigree
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

This could possibly be a feature that is fixed in any of the coming updates, whenever they are implemented. I think I have read somewhere that there will eventually be added features for the curled ears in marwari, curly coat like in bashkir curly and curly manes/tails like friesians etc. They are just not on top of the priority list.

Also, when breed registries are implemented I have heard that there will be opportunities to create breed standards. This will probably help a lot with making the horses look more like irl breed standards.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

I don't understand your point. You can breed ANY horse you want, so use it.
{Elite Dressage Horses} - World Record level horses made to move like Jagger.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

What makes this game so great (in my opinion) is that we can breed into whatever breed we desire, and THEN make the horse look like what WE want it to look like. Or simply create your own type of horse, regardless of breed.
Like Totina and the others said, the game isn't complete yet and there are a lot of features that aren't implemented, let alone certain breed specific traits.
So it's very simple, if you have decided that this game isn't up to what you consider par for a game you like to play, simply don't play it.
I'm here for the aforementioned points and because this game doesn't have any competition on the net that I have yet seen. It is vastly different and hits most of the points I prefer in a breeding type of game. There simply is no comparison.
But again, this is my opinion.
Skraythrax
Visit My Farm

Post by Skraythrax »

GrimCamel wrote:Sounds stupid huh? But this suggestion is made due to lack of art. To me personally I don't see the point of having as many breeds as possible in game if their art do not match their real life anatomy. I don't mean to be rude to the artists or anything but It is pretty obvious they used the same breed as model for many which make the game seem lower quality than It actually is. With less and more accurate breeds would def increase the quality and more breeds can be added later when there's a model for it. Another solution would be to correct the models for every breed but I doubt admin got time for that.

As for all the existing horses that's assigned to a breed that would be deleted, their breed would be assigned to the one the fits it's model.

Maybe some ppl do enjoy to breed their favorite breed in game even tho the model certainly not looks like it just for the sake of it but personally I do not see the point. Rather a few HQ breeds than many less accurate ones, that's my opinion
If a particular horse of a particular breed in the game does not look like it's "real life" counterparts, it is because the breeder did not prioritize that when creating the horse. When you create a breed, it's outward appearance is the sum total of all it's ancestors in the game. A first generation Andalusian doesn't just suddenly acquire all of the Andalusian traits simply because it was successfully bred as an Andalusian. When you see a horse whose appearance doesn't look like the breed standard you are used to, they prioritized the breeder's report, color, genetic potential, etc. over looks. For example, I have seen Quarter horses in game that look ugly as sin and nothing like a real Quarter horse. I have also seen Quarter horses that look like they just stepped out of the real life reining championships. It is true that Marwari ears haven't been added yet, but it is on the to do list after the big stuff is taken care of.

TLDR; A horse's artwork is dependent upon how you breed it.
GrimCamel
Visit My Farm

Post by GrimCamel »

I am still talking about anatomy of the pure breeds. Breeding pure arabians in this game wont make the artwork get more accurate anatomy. As stated earlier, this post is not meant to blame how ppl bread colors into the different breeds. This post is purely about anatomy. I do understand that you can manipulate the anatomy to some extent but its just that "to some extent"
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 6:14 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:14 am